Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've read that if you do that you're not supposed to get the miles both ways, but in fact, you do. What's your experience with that?
+@PhillyGal
Correct, you don't get to double dip and get twice the supercharger credit. Just the 1k miles. So if you have a Tesla friend, might as well use their code, and make Tesla hand out the referral supercharger credit to both you and a friend!

I would like to add:

And don't forget to refer yourself when you inevitably buy a second Tesla ;)
I created a separate account for myself after we ordered my wife's MY. We don't take delivery of the original order till Thursday so I don't have the referral code yet but I plan to refer my order using my wife's referral code. That way she gets 1000 miles and I do too. However, I won't want to have to switch accounts to drive the cars so I'm thinking if it's just easier to forgo the 1000 referrer miles she gets and I get the 1000 miles and put both cars under 1 account.
I did add a friend's code to her order so she should be getting the miles from that.

While July folks wait here is a question for home charging experts. So I just spent 2.5K to install the NEMA 14:50.
The original quote was for:
50 amp circuit breaker
208-250V; 60 hertz
4-wire configuration
6-AWG Copper wire
High quality industry grade outlet

but the guy installed a 60amp circuit breaker instead of 50amp!! Will that be an issue with the NEMA 14:50 charger?

Reactions: ImperfectTes
Today was supposed to be delivery day. Delayed for a second time due to delivery issues, this time pushed back two days. Just me and the lonely Tesla Wall Connector waiting for it’s long lost friend….

Attachments

• 0A215DD1-32CB-4D8D-AA30-01634673002F.jpeg
    0A215DD1-32CB-4D8D-AA30-01634673002F.jpeg
    211.6 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: rhm2021
While July folks wait here is a question for home charging experts. So I just spent 2.5K to install the NEMA 14:50.
The original quote was for:
50 amp circuit breaker
208-250V; 60 hertz
4-wire configuration
6-AWG Copper wire
High quality industry grade outlet

but the guy installed a 60amp circuit breaker instead of 50amp!! Will that be an issue with the NEMA 14:50 charger?
won't be an issue. Actually better. If you decide to upgrade to a wall charger later, you'll be able to pull the full 48A from a 60A breaker. The mobile charger with the 14-50 adapter is rated for 32A and if you use a wall connector, max it will pull on a 50A circuit is 40A.
You're good and setup for better

Looks like Tesla now has an illuminated door sill for MY that you can install at home. I think this may be an upgrade coming in the next iteration, maybe for 2022 models where they will have that either already factory installed or wired in already. The add on is battery powered.
I'm curious to see what other changes could be included besides the body casting changes. Might delay my own order if the changes are significant enough. I've always wanted my MY in January 2022 anyway but when we saw the price going up, I ordered in July and it's gone up $1000 since I ordered so looks like a good move there.
This is the one time I want my EDD to get delayed. Totally opposite of this thread, lol

Reactions: ConchChick
So I called the delivery center, which actually I think it went to some other person, because he didn't seem to be at the delivery center. But he confirmed my pickup on Friday. And said the car arrived at the delivery center and was going through the checks, and no issues that he could see from his end.

Its getting real.
You have a lot of patience waiting until Friday; I picked up mine the day after it arrived

It's somewhat intensive, esp if you have the 7 seater — the two rear seats were a pain to do. Also, I did mine in end of July Texas heat, doing it now should be more comfortable. I did two coats (and in some places 3) and because of OCD it was quite the job. I'm a fit endurance athlete and I did not feel like doing much else for the day after my "sauna session" with the MY7 😂 But, absolutely easy compared to the multi day wheels-off ceramic coating of the wheels.

Here it is, if you like it give it some love:
It looks amazing!! I think the tint percentages are perfect!! Thanks for sharing!