Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD was 9/12 to 9/30 then changed to 9/14 to 9/30 and this morning now its 9/18 to 9/30 I know I'll get it this month forsure but damn keeps changing the beginning of the EDD date! Ugh anyone experiencing this??

Is this a sign?? Vins soon???
VIN soon. At least that is what I like to tell myself so you might as well go with it too :)

Now that it looks like Tesla might qualify for a refundable tax credit of $8,000 starting on 1 Jan I wonder what Tesla is going to do? If something like that passes in October I could see literally 50% of orders being canceled or delayed. And of course, someone who right now is expecting a delivery in February might wake up one day in November and find THEY have a VIN and then THEY be irritated and delay.

So I was trying to think of what Tesla might do to prevent that from happening. I wonder if they offered free supercharging for the life of the car if that would be enough to incentivize most people to keep their orders? Or toss in two years of FSD? Something that doesn't really cost them out of pocket but that will incentivize folks to keep their 'more expensive' orders.

If they gave me supercharging and connectivity for the life of the car and a free upgrade for the performance boost I'd definitely stay put.

A few years of FSD might be sneaky genius. If it gets really good over the next few years I could see LOTS of folks choosing to keep it and pay for it themselves when the freebie expires who otherwise might never mess with it.

Last edited:
Now that it looks like Tesla might qualify for a refundable tax credit of $8,000 starting on 1 Jan I wonder what Tesla is going to do? If something like that passes in October I could see literally 50% of orders being canceled or delayed. And of course, someone who right now is expecting a delivery in February might wake up one day in November and find THEY have a VIN and then THEY be irritated and delay.

So I was trying to think of what Tesla might do to prevent that from happening. I wonder if they offered free supercharging for the life of the car if that would be enough to incentivize most people to keep their orders? Or toss in two years of FSD? Something that doesn't really cost them out of pocket but that will incentivize folks to keep their 'more expensive' orders.
I heard the new tax credit could be retroactive for 2021. I guess we'll find out when the Senate agrees on the new credits rules and restrictions

Hey guys. My EDD was mid November to end of November. But I just got my VIN this morning (literally just checked it) and it’s saying delivery is end of September.
I didn’t want my car to be made at end of quarter rush and have issues because they rushed it.
I’m not ready to take delivery right now. I would rather take delivery later in the year.

Can I ask my OA that my car not be produced at the moment or will they just hold it for me till I am ready to take delivery?

Hey guys. My EDD was mid November to end of November. But I just got my VIN this morning (literally just checked it) and it’s saying delivery is end of September.
I didn’t want my car to be made at end of quarter rush and have issues because they rushed it.
I’m not ready to take delivery right now. I would rather take delivery later in the year.

Can I ask my OA that my car not be produced at the moment or will they just hold it for me till I am ready to take delivery?
I believe you can tell them you're not ready for delivery and the VIN will be released and assigned to someone else. Now whether you go to the back of the line or you just get next production, I don't know.
From what I've read, if you order and put your order on hold, you don't join the line till you release the order so you're in whatever queue at that time. However if you get a VIN and can't take delivery, the VIN is reassigned and you may get assigned a VIN the next batch they are building for your location which could be as soon as 2 weeks later.
We're getting my wife MY tomorrow and I don't want mine till January 2022 but ordered to lock in the price. If you can, please let me know how it goes as I'll likely be in your shoes.

If they gave me supercharging and connectivity for the life of the car and a free upgrade for the performance boost I'd definitely stay put.

A few years of FSD might be sneaky genius. If it gets really good over the next few years I could see LOTS of folks choosing to keep it and pay for it themselves when the freebie expires who otherwise might never mess with it.
I will take free money any day lol but honestly I certainly don’t get why on hell should we continue to claim tax credits and/or rebates for our Tesla buys!!! This is beyond ridiculous and too fiscally liberal in my humble opinion. We simply don’t have money for this rebates at this point

Reactions: Michael Y 2020

I would be willing to swap VINs with you my EDD is still mid to end of November, if it's possible and you are close to my order MYLR5/Blue/Black/19”/NoFSD/Tow. My delivery center is Paramus, NJ.

I believe you can tell them you're not ready for delivery and the VIN will be released and assigned to someone else. Now whether you go to the back of the line or you just get next production, I don't know.
From what I've read, if you order and put your order on hold, you don't join the line till you release the order so you're in whatever queue at that time. However if you get a VIN and can't take delivery, the VIN is reassigned and you may get assigned a VIN the next batch they are building for your location which could be as soon as 2 weeks later.
We're getting my wife MY tomorrow and I don't want mine till January 2022 but ordered to lock in the price. If you can, please let me know how it goes as I'll likely be in your shoes.
So your delivery is tomorrow but you’re not gonna take it? I’m waiting for a call back from my OA

It might be; one proposal is, and one isn't. It'll depend on how they mishmash it all together. That would really be the best answer to prevent massive disruption in the space.
Yeah, that's what I read as well. Tesla, Toyota, and Honda are all excluded from the additional $2,500 because none of them have union workers on the assembly line. I just hope the government and the automakers can come to some middle ground... 🙏