Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
100% my approach with the wheels. The Inductions look sweet but I've seen just as sweet of a look with dark painted Geminis. I think I'll start with Hyperdipping the light part of the wheel cover with the Black Emerald Metallic Hyperdip. It's a sheen between piano black and satin and I think the two tone with the grey on the wheels will look amazing.

I'd like to hyperdip the wheels themselves, too, but I may wait to see how often I actually keep the covers off before putting that money in. I'd do the same color as the covers, likely.
I'm doing the same with our Gemini covers and our badges and emblems except with Shadow Black...my Hyperdip order should arrive this weekend. Even bought red stickers for the center emblems. Of course, I've never done anything remotely like this before so wish me luck!

This is the Model Y Current Delivery thread, but all are welcome.

Question: how do you know this is an LFP pack? I thought LFP Model 3s were all MIC.
LFP Model 3 battery packs are MIC but they are all actually made here in the US. But the model he picked up has a sticker showing it actually isn't the LFP pack because it shows a range of 262 miles instead of 253. I wonder if Tesla didn't update that for the LFP Model 3s.

• Informative
Reactions: PatrickTM
the duo contrast looks better I think, instead of the entire cap to be the same color.
I agree the duo contrast looks nice. I actually spotted this one during my research that I thought looked great. Model Y Aero Wheel Wrap But then I watched the installation video, and welp, I'm lazy and it looked pretty involved. So, Hyperdip for me. 😆

I should have known electric vehicles were in my future when I sold off my gas power lawnmower, edger and leaf blower and bought all electric ones (EGO) a couple years ago.
We just bought our first home a year ago and I went all in on electric tools with EGO lawn mower, trimmer, and chain saw. They are fantastic and equivalent with gas power!

LFP Model 3 battery packs are MIC but they are all actually made here in the US. But the model he picked up has a sticker showing it actually isn't the LFP pack because it shows a range of 262 miles instead of 253. I wonder if Tesla didn't update that for the LFP Model 3s.

I got this email from Tesla...now I'll sneak out of this thread with my lowly Model 3 between my legs. 🤣

Harry Barone​

11:51 AM (4 hours ago)
to me

Yes, it's the LFP battery.
The sticker does not specify battery type on any Tesla. But yours does show a range as 262 miles, which is the designation for the LFP (other batteries are 264 miles)

Regards,

Harry Barone
1580 Church St
Decatur, GA 30033

I should have known electric vehicles were in my future when I sold off my gas power lawnmower, edger and leaf blower and bought all electric ones (EGO) a couple years ago.
electric ones as in battery powered or plugged in? I have two things that I have to plug in to run, so it's a hassle but not too much to replace them yet. Mower is gas powered but may be nearing it's time. Battery ones a few years ago, or at least the one my cousin told me about, was a bit on the expensive side for me, so I bought the gas one. Been a good 4 to 5 years I think.

I agree the duo contrast looks nice. I actually spotted this one during my research that I thought looked great. Model Y Aero Wheel Wrap But then I watched the installation video, and welp, I'm lazy and it looked pretty involved. So, Hyperdip for me. 😆
Oh those look nice!! I may do those. I like doing these kinds of things so I think I would like to try. Same for PPF. My brother will have his car first, not sure if he is willing me to test it out on his car first! 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: DDubbsEV
We just bought our first home a year ago and I went all in on electric tools with EGO lawn mower, trimmer, and chain saw. They are fantastic and equivalent with gas power!
I don't miss the gas powered tools, one bit. The EGOs have just as much power but the big thing was the sound. My ears used to ring after mowing the lawn using the gas powered ones. With the EGOs, I don't even have turn the volume all the way up on my airpods and my ears no longer ring and I don't have phantom vibrations from the edger in my arms. They cost more of course but my ears and body are definitely grateful and I don't have to worry about getting gas in cans.
Funny thing, I tossed my gas cans (red plastic ones) in the recycle bin last week and the trash guy took if off and dropped it on my lawn. Took everything else but that. I guess they don't take those so in regular trash it goes, as much as I didn't want that.

I got this email from Tesla...now I'll sneak out of this thread with my lowly Model 3 between my legs. 🤣

Harry Barone​

to me

The sticker does not specify battery type on any Tesla. But yours does show a range as 262 miles, which is the designation for the LFP (other batteries are 264 miles)

Regards,

Harry Barone
1580 Church St
Decatur, GA 30033
At least you'll have a car! Well ahead of many of us 🤣😩😭

Harry Barone​

to me

Regards,

Harry Barone
1580 Church St
Decatur, GA 30033
Ehh I think their info might be a little off.

Tesla Launches Model 3 Standard Range Plus with LFP Battery Pack in North America

That article along with Tesla's own website shows a range of 253 for LFP Model 3s.

If you look at the non LFP Model 3s (like the ones you can order on the configuration page), their range is 262. So I'm actually not sure which battery pack you have here for your Model 3.

Ehh I think their info might be a little off.

Tesla Launches Model 3 Standard Range Plus with LFP Battery Pack in North America

That article along with Tesla's own website shows a range of 253 for LFP Model 3s.

If you look at the non LFP Model 3s (like the ones you can order on the configuration page), their range is 262. So I'm actually not sure which battery pack you have here for your Model 3.

Yeah I saw that press release and also was told 253 initially. I quizzed him and he said they will update that soon...sounds like they are trying to go to LFP all around. Def. gets over 253 when at 100%

@loggedout @DDubbsEV
wait....hyperdip can be done by oneself? if so where can I look at options and purchase?

I am so going to mess up my brother's car and practice all of this! 👿🤣
Absolutely! It's like a spray paint but "rubber in a can". Not quite flexseal level but it's made for cars. Some people "dip" their entire cars but that's a bit excessive. There are plenty of videos on YouTube showing it. 3-4 hour process IIRC, including prep and dry time.