Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just called my sales associate and my car is scheduled to leave the factory on 10/20 - i feel like we should all start taking bets on how accurate some of these dates are
OLD EDD - 10/25 to 11/14
New EDD - 11/6 to 12/4

What a PITA!!!!
Ok, #teamred! I also had a change in EDD, from 11/16-12/6 to 10/26-11/21. I’m trying not to get too excited.

Okay I have a question for you all. I ordered my Tesla on September 20, 2021. My specs are Model YLR, Blue, Tow hitch, white interior and 7 seater. I have completed all the paperwork that is needed and the review agreements is greyed out (not letting me click on it) I do not see any delivery time frame on my order page. Telsa is telling me this is normal. But from what I am reading from this thread it is not normal. When I got my model 3, it was a car that I found in California and they shipped to me. So this process is a little different.
Very normal at this point. Your date is so far out they wont even put a EDD

MY lucky day! Snagged a VIN (MF280xxxx), out of order, hot off the line. Delivery this Friday. My BMW lease isn't up till early November so I was biding my time -- until today. Today my EDD got pushed back a month, into December, so I placed a call to my SA. He told me in July, when I ordered, he could place me on a Priority Delivery list. Man, did he ever deliver! Got back to me within two hours with a VIN. Patience is a virtue with me but I must admit I'm pinching myself. Will initially pay cash but still must figure out payment options. I have luxury of sleeping on it. The fact I qualify for the full (soon to be halved) $1500 CA EV credit is icing on the cake. It's a 2021 MY. My SA predicts the '22s will appear late December. Though I'm not big on commiseration, all of you in this thread helped. And I hope I've helped you. Best of luck!

Okay I have a question for you all. I ordered my Tesla on September 20, 2021. My specs are Model YLR, Blue, Tow hitch, white interior and 7 seater. I have completed all the paperwork that is needed and the review agreements is greyed out (not letting me click on it) I do not see any delivery time frame on my order page. Telsa is telling me this is normal. But from what I am reading from this thread it is not normal. When I got my model 3, it was a car that I found in California and they shipped to me. So this process is a little different.
It’s normal. For now just go with the EDD form when you ordered…mine was April. As you get closer you will get an updated EDD. Could take a month or more to get your first updated EDD.

Reactions: PatrickTM
MY lucky day! Snagged a VIN (MF280xxxx), out of order, hot off the line. Delivery this Friday. My BMW lease isn't up till early November so I was biding my time -- until today. Today my EDD got pushed back a month, into December, so I placed a call to my SA. He told me in July, when I ordered, he could place me on a Priority Delivery list. Man, did he ever deliver! Got back to me within two hours with a VIN. Patience is a virtue with me but I must admit I'm pinching myself. Will initially pay cash but still must figure out payment options. I have luxury of sleeping on it. The fact I qualify for the full (soon to be halved) $1500 CA EV credit is icing on the cake. It's a 2021 MY. My SA predicts the '22s will appear late December. Though I'm not big on commiseration, all of you in this thread helped. And I hope I've helped you. Best of luck!
Wait, what is a Priority Delivery list and why has this never been mentioned on this forum? And congrats on your VIN!

Reactions: TSLY and TatisJr
So my EDD hasn't changed but I just got the email...I'VE BEEN VINNED!!! EDD At 10/23-10/29! It's an MF287 VIN, so I'm assuming it's still a 2021 😩

But I'm not 100% sure what this means. Trying to figure out the timing of selling my current car. Is this going to hold up my EDD getting updated?View attachment 720331
Are you financing or paying cash. Either way I beleive it says that till you pay it .. Mine shows the same .. i plan to give my check from my bank after inspecting the car. I have a delivery date scheduled so pretty sure it has no bearing. Just make sure you upload the right Insurance card with the Tesla VIN, my SA did remind me to do it.

Edit: Congratulations!! (should have stared with that)

Wait, what is a Priority Delivery list and why has this never been mentioned on this forum? And congrats on your VIN!
Its been mentioned. I have mentioned it. I was also on this list and it means nothing really. All it is if someone rejects their vin, cancels, etc they will ask you if you want it. As you can see above he has a 280 vin. That has to be a rejected vin because I got my vin a few days ago and its much higher then that lol.

Are you financing or paying cash. Either way I beleive it says that till you pay it .. Mine shows the same .. i plan to give my check from my bank after inspecting the car. I have a delivery date scheduled so pretty sure it has no bearing. Just make sure you upload the right Insurance card with the Tesla VIN, my SA did remind me to do it.

Edit: Congratulations!! (should have stared with that)
Thanks! Yea that makes sense, but the way they’ve written it sounds alarming, as if I need to pay now when the car won’t be here for another 2-3 weeks!

How accurate is the EDD post VIN?

Anyone in the market for a car? Spent the afternoon washing, claying, and waxing my current whip. I ran out of light to admire it, but I'll be back out there as soon as my back allows to detail the interior. I'm impressed by how slick and smooth the paint feels. Very tiring but very rewarding!

Once I finish the detailing, she's gonna be listed. That will be a sad day.

Be weary of this. I had the same thing back in August and 24 hours later my vin disappeared and it was assigned to someone who ordered before me. I hope it pans out for you, fingers crossed!

Reactions: josh62294
Anyone in the market for a car? Spent the afternoon washing, claying, and waxing my current whip. I ran out of light to admire it, but I'll be back out there as soon as my back allows to detail the interior. I'm impressed by how slick and smooth the paint feels. Very tiring but very rewarding!

Once I finish the detailing, she's gonna be listed. That will be a sad day.
I didn't even get to bother with any of that. The dealership paid me the highest quote I had seen online, with the car as is. Wasn't dirty, but I didn't wash the exterior. I did clean the interior, wiped the seats down, used carpet cleaner in some areas due to light spills on a recent road trip, vacuumed etc. I was glad I didn't go through a lot of efforts, but again, I used to carry a duster and wipes, so the car was mostly clean. I have ocd.....

Edit: yes it was a sad day when I left my car forever..... 😢
I took a few last pictures as memory keepsakes.

Its been mentioned. I have mentioned it. I was also on this list and it means nothing really. All it is if someone rejects their vin, cancels, etc they will ask you if you want it. As you can see above he has a 280 vin. That has to be a rejected vin because I got my vin a few days ago and its much higher then that lol.
LOL -- really? Aren't you the party pooper? Like to compare the size of VINs, do you? FYI, my VIN is higher than any in the delivery Wiki. Did it even occur to you that your car may not been manufactured yet? LOL!
Be weary of this. I had the same thing back in August and 24 hours later my vin disappeared and it was assigned to someone who ordered before me. I hope it pans out for you, fingers crossed!
Thanks. I have a MVPA with my name on it.

Last edited:
I didn't even get to bother with any of that. The dealership paid me the highest quote I had seen online, with the car as is. Wasn't dirty, but I didn't wash the exterior. I did clean the interior, wiped the seats down, used carpet cleaner in some areas due to light spills on a recent road trip, vacuumed etc. I was glad I didn't go through a lot of efforts, but again, I used to carry a duster and wipes, so the car was mostly clean. I have ocd.....

Edit: yes it was a sad day when I left my car forever..... 😢
I took a few last pictures as memory keepsakes.
I'm going to try and private sale. Any trade in for me is in the $2k territory but I think I'll try for $5k. Worth the effort to get every last dollar. Plus it's more bonding for us. Therapeutic.

LOL -- really? Aren't you the party pooper? Like to compare the size of VINs, do you? FYI, my VIN is higher than any in the delivery Wiki. Did it even occur to you that your car hasn't even been manufactured yet? LOL!

Thanks. I have a MVPA with my name on it.
Awesome! Congrats!

Reactions: TSLY
Thanks! Yea that makes sense, but the way they’ve written it sounds alarming, as if I need to pay now when the car won’t be here for another 2-3 weeks!

How accurate is the EDD post VIN?
Pretty bang on for me .. original EDD after VIN was Oct 20-23 ... then moved to Oct 16 - 23 - upon delivery selection it was Oct 19-21.

Reactions: GuardianMoon