Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are they sequential based on model type or based on all cars? Could the ones in between by Model's S,3 or X?
Like @chand said, the last six digits are just for Model Y vehicles. The Model S, Model 3, and Model X will have different sets of numbers for their last six.

That being said, the last six digits are NOT perfectly sequential, just roughly sequential. Tesla batches them and produces the batches. So yes, you can reasonably assume a 280,xxx car is produced later than a 270,xxx car. But it is also certainly possible that a 294,xxx get manufactured around the same day a 285,xxx gets manufactured.

I got the blue button this morning!

I confess I have very mixed feelings all of the sudden because I was hoping to have a bit more info on whether the reconciliation bill was going to pass and/or whether there would be significant EV incentives.

Does anyone know how long you can sit on the blue button before your order is put on hold?

Is there any consensus on whether putting on hold drops you to the back of the line, or whether you land somewhere in the middle (I don't know if I want to wait until May, but I think I might wait if I knew I could get my car in Jan/Feb).
Congrats on the blue button! And sorry you're feeling unsure about going through with the purchase right now, it's totally understandable. I have family members looking to buy an EV, Tesla or otherwise, but waiting until there's more clarity on incentives. Unfortunately it's anyone's guess whether the bill is going to pass or any new federal incentives will come out.

I think you have just a few days to click the proceed with delivery button. Like, maybe 48 to 72 hours. But very few here have waited and just sat on the blue button, so there aren't too many examples. Since you're on the fence (and sound like you're not in a serious need for another car) if you're willing to try it out and provide the rest of us a datapoint, that would be appreciated!

OD: 09/04 MYLR/Grey/5 Seat/Tow Hitch

I finally received an EDD today (for the first time since ordering) and it is mid-February to mid-March even though it said December when I ordered. I filled everything out and confirmed with Tesla that everything had been done. I have seen people with order dates later than mine get EDD’s before the end of the year. It just makes no sense to me and it is very frustrating. I would do used, except they want 10K more for used ones. Or I would do a performance, but I would prefer the better ride quality of a long range. I understand the owning part is wonderful, but everything about the process of getting to owning one is an absolute nightmare 😩

I finally received an EDD today (for the first time since ordering) and it is mid-February to mid-March even though it said December when I ordered. I filled everything out and confirmed with Tesla that everything had been done. I have seen people with order dates later than mine get EDD’s before the end of the year. It just makes no sense to me and it is very frustrating. I would do used, except they want 10K more for used ones. Or I would do a performance, but I would prefer the better ride quality of a long range. I understand the owning part is wonderful, but everything about the process of getting to owning one is an absolute nightmare 😩
It was already saying Jan while ordering mid August. How could it have said Dec during ordering in early Sept?

Reactions: samori01

Well, congratulations! Welcome to the forum and specially to this thread, rant about it, we are with you and listening. There is high demand, Fremont is not able to keep up, it can only produce about 500k yearly, majority of them are 3s/Ys. Due to semiconductor shortage, when others are struggling, few have shutdown plants, Fremont has been doing great, recent VIN indicates, it has already produced about 10k this month, that usually happens only on last month of a quarter, about 30k in a month, let's hope it keeps up.
Also, hopefully Austin plant comes to rescue sooner. EDD keeps bouncing, doesn't mean much, stay strong.

Reactions: PatrickTM
Well, finally received a VIN today. EDD is 10/25-10/31. Changed my payment method to finance and went through the approval. Its a shame but I’m inclined to reserve my excitement for when the defect-free vehicle is in my garage.
Maybe I’ll finally get a VIN for my MSM white interior. OD was 5/19

Dropping in to say hi. I have been enjoying the car since my delivery on 9/30.

What I have done
1) Full front PPF since I'll be driving to Bay Area a lot from Sacramento,
2) Protected the white seats with DIY GYEON Quartz ceramic coating
3) Added mud flaps from Tesmanian
4) Sold my Bimmer to Carvana, which gave +2000 dollars higher than the 2nd best offer

Yet to be done
1) Appointment to fix minor paint issue I noted after delivery

Wishing VINs coming to town soon!

Good question - honestly not sure .. i was assuming (maybe wrongly) they would be sequential .. in any case it is still a big jump in case of non sequential. Isnt it like 8000 cars in between or am I wrong there as well?
There was a 287 VIN last month so not to far fetched that they are now in 290. I'm thinking they keep producing cars daily with new VINs and are stashing them away pending when completing parts are available. When the part is available, they grab the next car in line, complete it and assign the VIN. Just my theory. The 290 VIN is also a 7 seater so maybe they are currently working on 7 seater orders while the already built ones pending completion are 5 seaters.

Can tesla just do a 5 minute video explaining the production madness? I'm sure the SAs will appreciate that too so they won't have to answer the same questions over and over, lol.