Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was a 287 VIN last month so not to far fetched that they are now in 290.
VINs are not sequential as many have said
427422e5-e681-425e-a2a8-d7138c51b534-jpeg.720678

Dropping in to say hi. I have been enjoying the car since my delivery on 9/30.

What I have done
1) Full front PPF since I'll be driving to Bay Area a lot from Sacramento,
2) Protected the white seats with DIY GYEON Quartz ceramic coating
3) Added mud flaps from Tesmanian
4) Sold my Bimmer to Carvana, which gave +2000 dollars higher than the 2nd best offer

Yet to be done
1) Appointment to fix minor paint issue I noted after delivery

Wishing VINs coming to town soon!
Where did you buy ceramic coating from? Its not available on Amazon

So I emailed my SA about this Priority Delivery List and here is what he wrote me:

"I have been with the company for three years and have no knowledge of a "priority delivery list".

I can tell you that your current ETA is rapidly approaching, and we should be assigning a VIN to your order in the coming weeks. Please monitor your automated messages and Tesla account for any updates.

Thank you for your patience throughout this process, we are looking forward to getting you behind the wheel shortly."

Is this like a regional thing? NY is not into Priority lists I guess lol. I feel like he was laughing at me as he wrote back to me :p.
I've been around the block, this is my third vehicle. Never heard of a priority wait list either.

So I emailed my SA about this Priority Delivery List and here is what he wrote me:

"I have been with the company for three years and have no knowledge of a "priority delivery list".

I can tell you that your current ETA is rapidly approaching, and we should be assigning a VIN to your order in the coming weeks. Please monitor your automated messages and Tesla account for any updates.

Thank you for your patience throughout this process, we are looking forward to getting you behind the wheel shortly."

Is this like a regional thing? NY is not into Priority lists I guess lol. I feel like he was laughing at me as he wrote back to me :p.
Wow you’re lucky you get a reply from your SA. I sure don’t from mine! I’m definitely envious of all the people who have responsive SA’s!

Reactions: CharlesCastle
I have a technique to get through to my SA. Call you local showroom, press 1 for new sales, and when AI ask for a few words about why you're calling say, "Test Drive". You'll be immediately forwarded to an SA. :)

FWIW, Tesla is no longer assigning individual SAs, they've gone to a pool system. Good luck!
That’s a good trick lol. Every time I’ve called my showroom, it rings and rings and eventually I get forwarded off to the regular Tesla helpline. To be fair they’ve been fairly helpful when I talked to them, but I sure wish I had an actual responsive SA.

Where did you buy ceramic coating from? Its not available on Amazon
Apparently this maybe a good place to buy:

Reactions: Ayaz
Wow you’re lucky you get a reply from your SA. I sure don’t from mine! I’m definitely envious of all the people who have responsive SA’s!
I always get a reply from my SA. Actually, the only time he didn’t reply was when I emailed all frustrated last week about my EDD being pushed to 10/17-11/11. It’s the closest I’ve come to being somewhat rude. It’s not his fault obviously but I needed to vent to someone. But otherwise he has always gotten back to me. I know not everyone is as lucky.

Since my EDD got moved up I figured I should celebrate and buy mud flaps and floormats.. now I see why Tesla played “shuffle the dates” a couple of days ago… I wonder how much the shuffle back to reality will cost me… 🥸

So this happened...

Yesterday, our trade-in expired for the 5th time, so naturally I resubmitted the updated odometer as soon as I saw the prompt. Also, our EDD which had been Nov 14-Dec 03 suddenly jumped to Dec 10-Dec 31. Whoa. My wife was so disappointed, considering our May 14th order.

Anyway, we got the valuation back this morning and it actually increased $2300. Whoa again. We aren't paying anything at delivery so looking at our account showed that Tesla owed us $2300.

I figured that was probably going to mess something up in their system so I emailed my SA (who is decently responsive) asking them to zero out the balance. At the end of the email, I also asked if there was something wrong with our account, because it's been so long. I asked if they could provide an update and said my wife was really frustrated and if there are any married guys there they know that this is somehow becoming my fault.

Anyway, I get an email back at 6pm that they will adjust the financing and oh yeah they found a car and MATCHED IT TO MY WIFE'S ACCOUNT! EDD is now Oct 13-17!

VIN MF279xxx so I know it's a little older (I assume a cancelled order) but at this point I'm ecstatic... No scheduled pickup yet but he said the car should arrive tomorrow so I figure a few days to prep and maybe we get it Saturday...

Anyway, we finally have our VIN and my wife thinks I'm a hero and I earned a "get out of marriage jail free" card. Pretty good day...

Last edited:
VIN MF279xxx so I know it's a little older (I assume a cancelled order) but at this point I'm ecstatic... No scheduled pickup yet but he said the car should arrive tomorrow so I figure a few days to prep and maybe we get it Saturday...
Congrats! FYI, got a 280 VIN yesterday which was manufactured on 10/11/21 according to Tesla. Ask your SA for the build date.