Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Original Order date and profile completion 7/10. Previous EDD was 10/21-11/4 MYLR Red with Black interior 19 inch wheels. Today morning updated to October 23 - November 18. By this i wont be getting $1500 rebate. FML. Thanks for screwing me Tesla. I guess i will place it on hold once VIN gets generated and take delivery in Jan

@CharlesCastle
I would say get PPF done. My brother delayed getting his decision made on doing ppf ourselves vs. with a pro. Guess what, he got a rock chip on the front, which was discovered when most of the front was done PPF'ing. The shop informed him then about it. I have to check if that was the metal area (it looked like it) vs plastic. It is right where the bumper is meeting the top, next to the headlight. Funny, it is in the area right outside the frame of my profile picture, on the right.
But the length my brother has gone to get it fixed and still not getting it back to 100% is baffling, and is driving him insane. Even the SC couldn't do much which is surprising me. The PPF shop gave the matching paint to my brother, gave him another shop that could buff it out, while Tesla couldn't do that.
He is finally giving up and going back tomorrow to get the ppf back on it.

So I am making sure I get my ppf or vinyl ordered soon before I see my car.
I agree. When you pay this much for a car that is reputed to have thin paint, why take chances? When I bought my first MYLR, I got a full wrap with Xpel Ultimate Plus then added ceramic. It cost a bit, but it has already saved me from road rock damage to my hood. Besides the protection, it is also easy to handwash the car. Bugs and road grime come off much easier than usual. When my next MYLR comes in, I plan to get a full wrap on it, too. When it comes to bug splatters, bird poop, and people brushing against the car, PPF is much more durable than the factory paint job.

• Informative
Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
Thanks. I might use my Lexus Rx 450 this winter instead of using my MYLR expected in February or when God/Elan knows.
They are pretty bad, I've driven in MN for 20+ winters, this us the 2nd time I've needed winters on a car, the other was a manual transmission WS.6 Trans Am (RWD) which had summer only performance tires. I've always run all seasons on FWD, RWD, or AWD cars and been just fine. I was amazed how bad the LRMY was being AWD on all seasons. Maybe it had a funky alignment? It drove fine otherwise but partial ice was a death sentence.

Hello friends! One week away from FINALLY getting the car! Seems surreal to be honest after such a long wait.

Was wondering how many of you are going to get PPF and/or window tinting? Is it worth it? Definitely going to get the tints but still on the fence about PPF. If I do it, it would be the hood, fender, bumper and mirrors. Already got a quote for $1800 for XPEL XR Plus NanoCeramic film. I think for NYC that’s a pretty good price for a very reputable shop.

Let’s see some more VIN numbers!
I am actually planning on getting XPEL stealth...lowest I have found was 6k which is crazy to me, but I have been marveling at the satin matte for about 5 years. I plan on keeping this car for a minute, so I am pulling the trigger. I am also considering the acceleration boost....but that depends on timing of my delivery (if I can get in in November 🤞, then the boost will be my Christmas present, from me, otherwise I will probably wait until 2022...I want to really know what the "stock" acceleration of the MYLR is before changing). So I plan on spending at least another 9K (going to get tinting as well). Hopefully my wife won't kill me because of the costs. I have almost gotten every possible accessory already (still need a few things for the interior of the car, and maybe one thing for the exterior). Just need a car to put them in.....
Congrats on being so close....!!

Reactions: PatrickTM
Still kinda sour about my EDD getting pushed back a bit, but congrats to those that got their VINs and are taking delivery soon!

On a positive note for me tho, s/o to Tesla Shields for the mud flaps & under seat storage delivery today! Now if I could only get my MY to install them… 🙄
Does anyone know how well the storage fits under the driver's seat? I have only seen the storage under the passengers.....

I got approval from both Tesla and DCU. Tesla is 2.49 and DCU is 1.99, which I believe will be lower. If I go with DCU how do I go about this? Contact Tesla again to switch to 3rd party?

Also, any confirmation that Tesla does not rate match anymore?

I got approval from both Tesla and DCU. Tesla is 2.49 and DCU is 1.99, which I believe will be lower. If I go with DCU how do I go about this? Contact Tesla again to switch to 3rd party?

Yea, they stopped rate matching in the middle of September I believe, unfortunately.

Tesla called me! (Thanks @Spelly88 for the contact - he called really quickly after I emailed)

This particular dude changed my financing to cash on his end and assured me it won't compromise my place in line. I left my trade-in expired because it could still expire again (they estimate I'm right on the cusp of getting a car within 30 days.) Was also told CarShop (formerly CarSense) is offering folks crazy values for Tesla trade-ins. He said one customer trading an X for a Y got something like $15k more from this company. So I'll definitely be shopping around while the "iron is hot" so to speak. If we need to go down to one car for a few weeks we can swing it but wouldn't want to much longer than that.

PS - I'm told that because we ordered online all that time ago, we were considered to be a customer of the "virtual store" and as such, it's not customary to any local SA to be assigned nor reach out unless/until needed. Weird but I guess I get it.

Bad news though - my goofy husband upon originally ordering this Y apparently did not do so with our referral code. So we might not get any miles. This really hurts me since our S with free/unlimited chargers was throttled (without our knowledge or approval) so it's no longer practical for road trips.

VIN MF301

Called Tesla to switch to financing which took like 5 mins, includes waiting on the phone and refreshing page. Got financing through Tesla approved. Going to try DCU but don’t want to change my direct deposit.

I hope everyone gets their VINs soon.
For the direct deposit, i set it up so i am depositing the monthly payments into the DCU checking account. however, between 1.24% and 2.49% assuming you're financing 60k for 65 months, the difference in interests is 2200 vs 4400 in the matter of 65 months.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spookynick
Thanks for sharing! I've traded in with Tesla twice before and with 8% sales tax in Philly, I'd need competitors to exceed Tesla's value by at least that much to consider it. Plus it's another Tesla I'm trading in so under normal circumstances, I'd just stick with Tesla.

But these are far from normal times so I do need to do a couple other checks because why not. I'm down to save some bucks!
I forgot about that. We don't get that benefit in California. Makes sense to trade directly in that case.

Switch to third party financing, give the mvpa to DCU, they will mail you a check to get within like 2 days, grab a cashier's check for the remainder if there is any. Or plaid if you are comfortable with that.

As long as the full payment is done on/before DDay, you are good.

Honestly, I think stock roof without tint is perfect. We live in central florida so it gets pretty hot. never felt heat coming from the roof one time. It is hot to touch yes but the heat doesn't get to you. The roof is designed to absorb the heat.
This video is a perfect illustration - Model Y Roof Tint
Very interesting test! Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: ImperfectTes
For the direct deposit, i set it up so i am depositing the monthly payments into the DCU checking account. however, between 1.24% and 1.49% assuming you're financing 60k for 65 months, the difference in interests is 2200 vs 4400 in the matter of 65 months.
Hmm, I would double check your math because you might be off by quite a bit. Doing some math on my end:

1.24% APR, $65k loan, 65 months = $67,241 total loan cost ($1,034 per month)
1.49% APR, $65k loan, 65 months = $67,699 total loan cost ($1,043 per month)

So essentially you are getting $458 ($9 per month) for using DCU as direct deposit for 5 years. The difference would be even smaller if loan amount is smaller and you're making a down payment. For the sake of simplicity I'm ignoring TVM.

+ @RyMY

Reactions: RyMY