Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So they only made 7% profit. That's on the low end of what I expected (10-13%). I was thinking they paid you $38-39K. Hmm.... this was CarMax or Carvana again?
This was Carvana. CarMax offered me only $38,500. I got both offers in late July. Carvana allowed me 30 days to schedule pickup. A guy came and inspected it and didn’t adjust the price. It was in great condition other than curb rash on two wheels. It only had 11,000 miles on it after 22 months of ownership.

Reactions: voxel
Hello friends! One week away from FINALLY getting the car! Seems surreal to be honest after such a long wait.

Was wondering how many of you are going to get PPF and/or window tinting? Is it worth it? Definitely going to get the tints but still on the fence about PPF. If I do it, it would be the hood, fender, bumper and mirrors. Already got a quote for $1800 for XPEL XR Plus NanoCeramic film. I think for NYC that’s a pretty good price for a very reputable shop.

Let’s see some more VIN numbers!
You’re almost at the finish line, good stuff! Tints are a definite for me as well. Got quoted $699 for XPEL XR Plus here in VA for door windows & hatch window. It would be an extra $600 for the roof, but I’m gonna opt outta that for now to see if the stock heat rejection will be enough for my area. Windshield tint of any kind is a no-go in VA, so that option is off the table.

Thought long and hard about a full frontal PPF and I’m not gonna do it. I am gonna do ceramic coating inside & out tho. Shop where I’m getting my tints quoted $1500 for full exterior ceramic coating (and $2500 for the full front PPF), but a good friend of mine who does detailing is gonna do it for me for much less.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatrickTM
On a positive note for me tho, s/o to Tesla Shields for the mud flaps & under seat storage delivery today! Now if I could only get my MY to install them… 🙄
Got my frunk and trunk shipment from Tesla Shields today, too. Still waiting on the front and middle seats.

I wasn't even expecting it as I never got a shipped email. I'll take it, though!

You're so close!

In my personal opinion, tint is a definite yes, including a clear ceramic tint on windshield, possibly roof. I need to see if I can live with an aftermarket roof shade or not before considering roof glass tint. I'll get some Rally Armor mudflaps for protection but most likely skip PPF. Hood PPF is a maybe (metal is expensive, so I'd like to protect it). But bumper covers, mirrors (skullcaps) are plastic and most likely will get replaced at some point in the car's hopefully long life. I just feel weird about protecting pieces of plastic that are designed to be easily replaced.
@CharlesCastle
I would say get PPF done. My brother delayed getting his decision made on doing ppf ourselves vs. with a pro. Guess what, he got a rock chip on the front, which was discovered when most of the front was done PPF'ing. The shop informed him then about it. I have to check if that was the metal area (it looked like it) vs plastic. It is right where the bumper is meeting the top, next to the headlight. Funny, it is in the area right outside the frame of my profile picture, on the right.
But the length my brother has gone to get it fixed and still not getting it back to 100% is baffling, and is driving him insane. Even the SC couldn't do much which is surprising me. The PPF shop gave the matching paint to my brother, gave him another shop that could buff it out, while Tesla couldn't do that.
He is finally giving up and going back tomorrow to get the ppf back on it.

So I am making sure I get my ppf or vinyl ordered soon before I see my car.

Got my frunk and trunk shipment from Tesla Shields today, too. Still waiting on the front and middle seats.

I wasn't even expecting it as I never got a shipped email. I'll take it, though!
ah good to know. Me and brother have not heard a single thing after the orders and haven't seen anything arrive yet either.

Reactions: loggedout
I have not received my VIN yet but always wonder should I get the PPF. I think you guys convince me to do it. My shop told me they do it for 1800 front.
You're so close!

In my personal opinion, tint is a definite yes, including a clear ceramic tint on windshield, possibly roof. I need to see if I can live with an aftermarket roof shade or not before considering roof glass tint. I'll get some Rally Armor mudflaps for protection but most likely skip PPF. Hood PPF is a maybe (metal is expensive, so I'd like to protect it). But bumper covers, mirrors (skullcaps) are plastic and most likely will get replaced at some point in the car's hopefully long life. I just feel weird about protecting pieces of plastic that are designed to be easily replaced.

You're so close!

You’re almost at the finish line, good stuff! Tints are a definite for me as well. Got quoted $699 for XPEL XR Plus here in VA for door windows & hatch window. It would be an extra $600 for the roof, but I’m gonna opt outta that for now to see if the stock heat rejection will be enough for my area. Windshield tint of any kind is a no-go in VA, so that option is off the table.

Honestly, I think stock roof without tint is perfect. We live in central florida so it gets pretty hot. never felt heat coming from the roof one time. It is hot to touch yes but the heat doesn't get to you. The roof is designed to absorb the heat.
This video is a perfect illustration - Model Y Roof Tint