Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a lot of moving parts! We're similarly chaotic here. We've had months to prepare yet somehow it's crept up very fast and we're scrambling.
Totally the same!! My 28 days edd was going to start on the 20th!

And guess what?! It ain't my B-Day I am picking this on, but instead it's my cousin's B-Day today 😂

Reactions: PatrickTM
You definitely will get tired and sore but if you're handy and interested, I found it to be an interesting experience. I'm a car guy, used to do upgrades on my cars years back before wife and kids so I have some experience and I just missed the good old days of taking apart a car and putting it together. Although I didn't have to take anything apart here.
I'm trying to sell my wife on the the auto frunk thing so I can get some mechanical work in but she's not on board yet. She doesn't want me getting into the mechanics of a car that new yet.
Dude… I’m so all for the auto drunk (oh I meant frunk)….
Have read reviews of it malfunctioning and opening by itself etc. scared for that reason otherwise very interested. Have u researched?

Have read reviews of it malfunctioning and opening by itself etc. scared for that reason otherwise very interested. Have u researched?
That's the only part that has me stopping in getting it. That is asking for trouble basically.

same thing with my black MYLR order. OD some time in Oct , but EDD is driving me nuts

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 1.59.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 1.59.24 PM.png
    410.7 KB · Views: 75
So finally caved in and ordered the full front protection and rear impact protection from rear wheels - via drive protected shop for a whopping $863 CDN using code BTG.

Thought about doing the full car protection for $2800/= cdn but then caved to only the front.

Attachments

• 144F1AD1-6E70-4372-9D39-EAE0405F4567.jpeg
    144F1AD1-6E70-4372-9D39-EAE0405F4567.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 65
I want to share a couple of informational messages from the Operation Manager at my SC in Grand Rapids, Michigan, in case they help others here.

The first said, “we have your delivery estimate to be towards the end of this month or early December - you should be getting a VIN pretty soon here!” I’m glad about that as my account shows EDD of 11/21 - 12/5.

I then inquired about applying for a loan upon getting my VIN. She replied, “you’ll get an email when you get your VIN and we’ll send over instructions for your bank. Once you’re matched, it’s about 6 days before your car reaches Chicago, and if it’s paid in full by then we can bring it directly into Michigan.” Under Michigan law, Tesla isn’t allow to sell direct to consumers so we have to pay in full before the vehicles leave Chicago. When I got my Model 3, I drove to Ohio and paid for it there.

Inner peace…

I use the frunk in the Model S quite a lot and for road trips, will desperately miss it because before Tesla came out with a dual motor/AWD option, all Model Ses had a HUGE frunk. After, even single motor/RWD Ses (and 3s) were shrunk to a standard size that gave room for the front motor. So never will I see a frunk as huge. Sigh...

@Dcoyner - I'm sorry to hear but it looks like folks are right. You may have started but not completed your order. If that is the case, you haven't technically gotten in line yet and the line has gotten much longer. If I were you, I would call the Tesla general sales number and see if there is anything they can do to sort of back date you.

As crazy as I sounds I have 6 weeks of PTO before I lose it. So I’m taking that time off to do these DIYs 😛
I've got 15 years at my job and this is the first year I've hit our very generous max and will need to use days before losing them. I only have 2 days over cap right now though so that'll be easy before 12/31.

I'm on day 1 in my EDD window and no VIN yet... anyone experience this before? What can I expect?
Yes, I was on 2nd day of my EDD window and it moved in the wrong direction again to 28 days and then the window shrunk to 14 days. You might have a different experience though. I hope you get your VIN soon. I am still waiting on mine. My current EDD is 11/20-12/4.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
I use the frunk in the Model S quite a lot and for road trips, will desperately miss it because before Tesla came out with a dual motor/AWD option, all Model Ses had a HUGE frunk. After, even single motor/RWD Ses (and 3s) were shrunk to a standard size that gave room for the front motor. So never will I see a frunk as huge. Sigh...

@Dcoyner - I'm sorry to hear but it looks like folks are right. You may have started but not completed your order. If that is the case, you haven't technically gotten in line yet and the line has gotten much longer. If I were you, I would call the Tesla general sales number and see if there is anything they can do to sort of back date you.

I've got 15 years at my job and this is the first year I've hit our very generous max and will need to use days before losing them. I only have 2 days over cap right now though so that'll be easy before 12/31.
The frunk of the "old" Model S was huge, especially compared to what they have now. But I still use it often.

I haven’t looked too deep into it since I have no plans to install soon but I believe there are like 3 brands so I’ll be doing more research when the time comes.

Hallo everyone, I have received the 2022 VIN, but my insurance company cannot find any information. Is this normal?
It is. It seems most insurance companies' computers have not had the updated VINs yet. You should still be able to find an inventory vehicle's VIN and use that.

Also, I hear a lot of people saying recently they rarely use the frunk. Early on when the frunk was the new fun thing, it seemed the opposite. I guess that's to say it's useful to wait and see how it fits into your usage before dropping the $500+ on that feature.
My wife uses the drunk more than the trunk. I think she just likes to freak people out when she opens the hood and puts stuff in it more than anything. People stare every time she does that. Lol

I haven’t looked too deep into it since I have no plans to install soon but I believe there are like 3 brands so I’ll be doing more research when the time comes.
How do we stay in touch so that I have the luxury of hearing results of your research as well :)
A new thread if one doesn’t exist for frunks

How much did you pay for the front bumper PPF? Are there cutouts for the parking sensors? Now to see if my wife would help me. :)

I used to do upgrades also. I had a ECU chip for my 335i to boost the psi that would had definitely voided the warranty. I carried a set of tools in my trunk for those situations where I needed to be towed to BMW service. This will allow me to remove the chip prior. Even replaced the diverter valves and many other stuff. I modded the heck out of that car. Now it’s when I have free time if any.
It was like $220. I used a BTG code from one of the Tesla YouTubers that gave me 20% off I think. Can’t recall and yes, it comes with cut outs already. It’s precut, you lay on and tack down (if only it was that easy).
You only really need help when applying it initially so someone can hold it up while you tack the ends. Once you get that done, rest is really solo. I recommend having a head gun or hair dryer handy to ease the stretching. It took my almost 2 months to finally put it on. Lol

Last edited: