Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do we stay in touch so that I have the luxury of hearing results of your research as well :)
A new thread if one doesn’t exist for frunks
Haha. I think you can save users or something on this forum. I don’t know if direct message is supported but at least you’d have the username. Are you on Reddit by chance??

It was like $220. I used a BTG code from one of the Tesla YouTubers that gave me 20% off I think. Can’t recall and yes, it comes with cut outs already. It’s precut, you lay on and tack down (if only it was that easy).
You only really need help when applying it initially so someone can hold it up while you tack the ends. Once you get that done, rest is really solo. I recommend having a head gun or hair dryer handy to ease the stretching. It took my almost 2 months to finally put it on. Lol
BTG is Bearded Tesla Guy. Here is his YouTube on DIY ppf.

A little late, but just ordered my hyperdip aerosols. I think MY has silver ish wheels iirc.

Edit: this is crazy, but this has to be the fastest I have had an order get shipped. 5 minutes since order I think, just got the shipped text message.
Decided to peek in and see how many other deliveries have happened. I see your's is imminent. Congrats! Will have to come back and see the pictures. :)

Also, you've decided to go the hyperdip route too? I remember you wanted to experiment on your bro's model 3 first....I guess that went well? :p My attempt turned out pretty good considering I'm a noob. It could be better but the good thing about this approach is it's temporary...I can re-do again in the future.

I want to share a couple of informational messages from the Operation Manager at my SC in Grand Rapids, Michigan, in case they help others here.

The first said, “we have your delivery estimate to be towards the end of this month or early December - you should be getting a VIN pretty soon here!” I’m glad about that as my account shows EDD of 11/21 - 12/5.

I then inquired about applying for a loan upon getting my VIN. She replied, “you’ll get an email when you get your VIN and we’ll send over instructions for your bank. Once you’re matched, it’s about 6 days before your car reaches Chicago, and if it’s paid in full by then we can bring it directly into Michigan.” Under Michigan law, Tesla isn’t allow to sell direct to consumers so we have to pay in full before the vehicles leave Chicago. When I got my Model 3, I drove to Ohio and paid for it there.

Inner peace…
You should get your soon, I received the VIN on Sunday 11/07 but I declined and put a hold until Feb 2022.

I got my car!!!! I was scheduled for Thursday (Wednesday was an option, but my work schedule wouldn't allow for it). I called this morning to see if I could get it today--and they said I could come any time after 12:30! I rearranged my afternoon and got there at 2. I drove around getting the cameras calibrated and then tried out some of the features. It's really a smooth ride. I did hit the nonexistent clutch a few times. And the braking when you ease up on the accelerator will take some getting used to. She's beautiful!!

I contacted the people who were going to buy my old car and said they could have it tonight instead of Thursday. They just left, and I'm back to one car (and a check for my old one).

I got my car!!!! I was scheduled for Thursday (Wednesday was an option, but my work schedule wouldn't allow for it). I called this morning to see if I could get it today--and they said I could come any time after 12:30! I rearranged my afternoon and got there at 2. I drove around getting the cameras calibrated and then tried out some of the features. It's really a smooth ride. I did hit the nonexistent clutch a few times. And the braking when you ease up on the accelerator will take some getting used to. She's beautiful!!

I contacted the people who were going to buy my old car and said they could have it tonight instead of Thursday. They just left, and I'm back to one car (and a check for my old one).
Congratulations. We need pics

Reactions: boingolover
Congratulations. We need pics
Not a great one but the only one I've managed to take--in the MVA parking lot as I was returning my old plates. By the time I got home, it was already getting dark.

Attachments

• image0(9).jpeg
    image0(9).jpeg
    817.4 KB · Views: 71
Just got our VIN! Woo! 311***

I see that it’s a 2021 and I’m surprised because all recent VIN posts have been 2022s. Is it weird that this makes me nervous? Also with resale does the model year matter as much with Teslas as that doesn’t indicate changes to the car year to year? I guess with all the tax credit and battery changes coming down the pipeline I’m keeping resale value in mind.

Decided to peek in and see how many other deliveries have happened. I see your's is imminent. Congrats! Will have to come back and see the pictures. :)

Also, you've decided to go the hyperdip route too? I remember you wanted to experiment on your bro's model 3 first....I guess that went well? :p My attempt turned out pretty good considering I'm a noob. It could be better but the good thing about this approach is it's temporary...I can re-do again in the future.
Haha he didn't let me experiment on his lol. M3 sports the gray ish ones and look good. MY sports the silver ish ones, which quite honestly, look good on the MY from far.
Sooooo I will be experimenting on mine lol