Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Tesla deliveries appear to have 2 speeds, glacial and warp speed….I went from a 28 day window to a 10 day window yesterday and after 191 days since my order (drumroll)…Today, I finally have my VIN with an EDD of Nov 30 - Dec 3. What a long, strange trip it’s been…
YOU…HAVE…A….VIN!!!!!!!! YES (in my best Marv Albert voice)! Awesome! Faith restored.

Idaho has relatively cheap power (8 cents/kWh winter, 10 cents summer), and no time of use, so the ROI on Solar is twice or more as long as a lot of places. That said, Idaho is also ideally situated for solar, because peak demand is during the summer season, when production is at maximum (as opposed to, say, Vermont, where peak demand is in winter). Also, solar daily production and export peaks right in the heat of the day in summer, when AC demand is highest. Rises and falls with cloud cover, too! Idaho Power's dams cannot keep up during that time and they have had to build gas fired peaker plants (Idaho has no natural gas reserves, so they have to ship gas in from out of state to fuel the plants) to meet the demand. This will only get worse as Idaho grows and temperatures keep climbing. These costs could be mitigated by encouraging widespread rooftop solar adaption, but IPC won't do it because they can't control it.

If IPC ever comes out with true numbers I would bet that they would show that solar setups cost them nothing and actually add to their bottom line through the summer peak. They want every penny they can get, though, so they won't admit it. To my knowledge, after their defeat in front of the IPUC a couple of years ago going after net metering they haven't tried again, because they don't want this known. They'd be paying ME!

In the long run, I also like solar as a hedge against rising power costs. Hard to pencil that in, but it does help with peace of mind for those of us near retirement.
Well, we need a new roof anyway, as ours is 23 years old. And our gas forced air furnace also is ready to be replaced according to the heating folks that came out last year when the thermostat failed. So, looking to move to a heat pump using the same ducting, and power it all, along with our EV charging, and General Electric needs, with solar. Whether it is panels or roofing. Fortunately, our roof is pretty simple, and I think pointed in an advantageous way. So hopefully we can generate sufficient power. If we factor auto fuel costs, and natural gas heat costs, it will be nice that way, and economic factors are not nearly my only consideration. We have three young adult kids, and I want to be doing all I can, because I can. If the government helps out with some rebates or something, that will be nice. But planning on moving forward regardless.

I checked my capital 1 bank and they offer wire transfer only to title companies or an externally "linked" account that has been connected for at least 30 days. I will thus need to move cash to another bank account 10 days prior to my transaction to be able to wire transfer funds. Each of my previous cars were purchased on a personal check, no issues at all.

Well, we need a new roof anyway, as ours is 23 years old. And our gas forced air furnace also is ready to be replaced according to the heating folks that came out last year when the thermostat failed. So, looking to move to a heat pump using the same ducting, and power it all, along with our EV charging, and General Electric needs, with solar. Whether it is panels or roofing. Fortunately, our roof is pretty simple, and I think pointed in an advantageous way. So hopefully we can generate sufficient power. If we factor auto fuel costs, and natural gas heat costs, it will be nice that way, and economic factors are not nearly my only consideration. We have three young adult kids, and I want to be doing all I can, because I can. If the government helps out with some rebates or something, that will be nice. But planning on moving forward regardless.
I have 11KW (can't add more without $1M insurance (FPL demand)) I may go with a tesla roof when I replace it all but as of now they want $130k so I'll stick with the panels unless their prices drop

The one benefit of not having the car, not worrying about accessory arrivals just yet.
Unless anything is affected by the shipment delays or material shortage, you don't really need to order in advance. The stuff I ordered from Amazon, sat for months it seems like, before the car showed up. The only thing I am missing on receiving are the teslashields.

In my time of waiting, I just went back to count everything I have bought for this not yet existent vehicle. Now not all of these things are actual accessories, ie. car wash items: microfiber towels, buckets, spray bottles, etc. But since ordering, I counted 53 separate purchases (and no, I am not counting individual microfiber towels)....

I guess I wasn't lying....
FIFTY What!?!??!

Update: they're canceling my VIN and putting my order back in the queue. Kind of unbelievable, and not a great customer experience.

I spoke with a rep, and asked him "was there anything I could have done differently? Informed you of my travel plans, etc.?" He said: "Nooo we're all kind of just at the mercy of the manufacturing." And while he assured me that my order would likely be fulfilled soon ("within a month") he couldn't give me any certainty.

Morale of the story: Don't go on vacation. 🤦
Oh no!! Not even a power of attorney to a trusted person could solve that?
Or the home delivery?

This may be obvious, but can someone explain the electronic payment options at delivery? Our SA is 2 hours away so I’m nervous about showing up with no down payment arranged. Can I just pay from my bank account on their website once I’m satisfied with the car?
I paid via my bank when I was at the SC. Search for your bank, then select other or something, if you rather input the routing and account info.

Reactions: dwh13
I checked my capital 1 bank and they offer wire transfer only to title companies or an externally "linked" account that has been connected for at least 30 days. I will thus need to move cash to another bank account 10 days prior to my transaction to be able to wire transfer funds. Each of my previous cars were purchased on a personal check, no issues at all.
Picked up my second MYLR today and again paid balance with a personal check- no problem at all!

I picked up Tes today!!! (Creative right?! 🤣)
She is flawless cosmetically and has all USB ports! It even came with front AND rocker PPF, front mud flaps and rear bumper PPF (why- I don’t know 🤷‍♀️)
Interior is the exact same as my 2021 MYLR
I’m so happy right now!!!! 🎉🍾🥂

Attachments

• E2CD0BD6-4C27-46EF-B071-8E31D8F011A5.jpeg
    E2CD0BD6-4C27-46EF-B071-8E31D8F011A5.jpeg
    638.1 KB · Views: 66
  • D247D38B-F656-4C7D-85E7-616E3FEECEBE.jpeg
    D247D38B-F656-4C7D-85E7-616E3FEECEBE.jpeg
    946.6 KB · Views: 51
  • 68BD59C4-4FC5-4C00-ADFC-0330DCEDE284.jpeg
    68BD59C4-4FC5-4C00-ADFC-0330DCEDE284.jpeg
    479.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 374044A8-12D8-490B-90C3-03A666C73F4E.jpeg
    374044A8-12D8-490B-90C3-03A666C73F4E.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 60
Just wanted to jump back in here with a warning for new MY owners. It concerns opening the back hatch in a garage. Mine almost hit the garage door overhead when the garage door was open. The hatch opens much higher than any vehicle I have owned including my Honda Pilot. I had to grab on to the hatch to stop it.

I have done the process to limit the hatch opening in the owners manual but still intend on putting some kind of cushion on the garage door in case this resets.

Just wanted to jump back in here with a warning for new MY owners. It concerns opening the back hatch in a garage. Mine almost hit the garage door overhead when the garage door was open. The hatch opens much higher than any vehicle I have owned including my Honda Pilot. I had to grab on to the hatch to stop it.

I have done the process to limit the hatch opening in the owners manual but still intend on putting some kind of cushion on the garage door in case this resets.
Excellent reminder. Thank you.

I picked up Tes today!!! (Creative right?! 🤣)
She is flawless cosmetically and has all USB ports! It even came with front AND rocker PPF, front mud flaps and rear bumper PPF (why- I don’t know 🤷‍♀️)
Interior is the exact same as my 2021 MYLR
I’m so happy right now!!!! 🎉🍾🥂
Congrats. Tes is gorgeous… 😃
The interior looks so nice and spacious.