Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to get insurance is becoming problematic. Apparently Progressive does not recognize my VIN. Tesla advised me my car was produced yesterday, and that the vin is accurate - progressive needs to update their system…

My insurance guy tells me I have up to 30 days after purchase to get the car added to my policy. I explain that Tesla requires proof of insurance with the vin, but he doesn’t agree…

I may simply have to photoshop something.

This is odd.
I have the same problem with progressive. Tesla said call them I did they still will not add the car they also said 30 days after, so what do we do who knows??? Lol

CAF66712-F63B-466E-B940-48E5ACBC97F1.jpeg

Not my MY

Wow… that’s a treasure trove.
The choice of products is overwhelming and I’m hoping for a 5yr product or something like it. Twice a year will probably result in me missing the cadence and risking missing out on taking care of the coats in time.
Yup, makes sense. I think the CQuartz UK 3.0 product came out on top from the 2 year test he did a while back iirc.

Folks while y’all wait for the deliveries here are some additional items I am learning from now 2 week old experience
1- Love the one pedal driving. Not touching breaks AT ALL!! It is simply amazing
2- Talking with few friends who took delivery recently- NONE have the feared panel gaps or paint defects so don’t expect to see much of that nature
3- Software updates are confusing to say the least. All you can do is to leave the car connected to the WiFi when possible. They push them according to some internal priorities. So don’t get too upset if you find you are missing some recent updates hahaha Chances are YOU WILL BE BEHIND on updates
4- Autopilot is great on well marked roads. I don’t have access to the FSD-beta but just putting on auto steering on highways is cool and you don’t feel as tired after longer drives. There are obviously glitches so I always remain vigilant haha but overall it can be trusted
5- The MYLR does make you feel the bumps on the road more than some of the high end vehicles and the MYP will be even bumpier. So expect that and don’t be surprised.
6- Wind noice on highways isn’t an issue for me. Some complain but to me since there isn’t any engine noise you sort of hear the wind a bit more haha but trust me it isn’t as bad as some posters say
7- White seats are AMAZING!!!! Every time you get in you feel that clean heavenly experience!!
8- The screen is so so so easy to clean and quite sturdy. So haven’t put any of the protectors. But if you have a pet obviously you may want to put a protector. I certainly won’t
9- Already powerful and super fast so don’t feel I really need the acceleration booster ($2K more). Those who added say it does make the car much faster!!
10- At stop signs/red lights when car comes to a full stop you will hear a click from beneath the break pedal which is normal lol Car is just automatically holding the still position and prevents moving until you press accelerator

Folks while y’all wait for the deliveries here are some additional items I am learning from now 2 week old experience
1- Love the one pedal driving. Not touching breaks AT ALL!! It is simply amazing
2- Talking with few friends who took delivery recently- NONE have the feared panel gaps or paint defects so don’t expect to see much of that nature
3- Software updates are confusing to say the least. All you can do is to leave the car connected to the WiFi when possible. They push them according to some internal priorities. So don’t get too upset if you find you are missing some recent updates hahaha Chances are YOU WILL BE BEHIND on updates
4- Autopilot is great on well marked roads. I don’t have access to the FSD-beta but just putting on auto steering on highways is cool and you don’t feel as tired after longer drives. There are obviously glitches so I always remain vigilant haha but overall it can be trusted
5- The MYLR does make you feel the bumps on the road more than some of the high end vehicles and the MYP will be even bumpier. So expect that and don’t be surprised.
6- Wind noice on highways isn’t an issue for me. Some complain but to me since there isn’t any engine noise you sort of hear the wind a bit more haha but trust me it isn’t as bad as some posters say
7- White seats are AMAZING!!!! Every time you get in you feel that clean heavenly experience!!
8- The screen is so so so easy to clean and quite sturdy. So haven’t put any of the protectors. But if you have a pet obviously you may want to put a protector. I certainly won’t
9- Already powerful and super fast so don’t feel I really need the acceleration booster ($2K more). Those who added say it does make the car much faster!!
10- At stop signs/red lights when car comes to a full stop you will hear a click from beneath the break pedal which is normal lol Car is just automatically holding the still position and prevents moving until you press accelerator
Thanks for that report! Have you done any speedy driving over curves on uneven road? Did things feel relatively stable for you? I am noting the remarks of Thomas (Tomas?) from Autogefühl on YouTube and his Autobahn test of the MYLR a couple week or two ago. He remarked that at high speed the suspension was a little unsettled over bumps. Seemed to be the only real thing I might try and upgrade with one of the upgrade kits or if an air/smart air suspension if it becomes available. Seems like I would more likely put money in that than the extra 2k of speed I won’t likely need based on your report and my test drive. My car still shows June delivery date.

Reactions: ArrogantSeeker
In case with my child it would guarantee a good nap time in a car :)

I liked the product, but read on another thread the organizational and logistical mess they are living through and decided not to order from them, at least for now
If you're interested in very similar style mats, without logos, and much better business practice, check out this thread: Vendor - Be notified when LDCRS 2021 Model Y Floor Mats are available! (And launch discount)

I'm very happy with mine.

Add signatures???

Hey, all you others waiting out there! I see some have added signatures with your model details ordered and EDD. I just did. Might be fun if most of us did so we can all see what you all are waiting on. Sharing the anticipation!

I sure enjoyed @Oldguywaits ’s report today, which got me excited again after getting a little bummed after going down a little rabbit hole in relation to the stock and internet controversy yesterday. Excited for this car and charging network which has allowed me to commit to going electric way sooner than I thought I could, based on where I live. And as a result, has me also pushing forward on my solar plans for my house, which will need roof and furnace replaced anyway.

This may be obvious, but can someone explain the electronic payment options at delivery? Our SA is 2 hours away so I’m nervous about showing up with no down payment arranged. Can I just pay from my bank account on their website once I’m satisfied with the car?
Yes, as long as you're comfortable using Plaid to do it. Some are, some aren't. I already use it regularly for other banking software, so I was fine with it. Takes just a few seconds to complete.

Thanks for that report! Have you done any speedy driving over curves on uneven road? Did things feel relatively stable for you? I am noting the remarks of Thomas (Tomas?) from Autogefühl on YouTube and his Autobahn test of the MYLR a couple week or two ago. He remarked that at high speed the suspension was a little unsettled over bumps. Seemed to be the only real thing I might try and upgrade with one of the upgrade kits or if an air/smart air suspension if it becomes available. Seems like I would more likely put money in that than the extra 2k of speed I won’t likely need based on your report and my test drive. My car still shows June delivery date.
No I haven’t tested high speed curves yet

Also for those of us waiting with cars on order, here is the video review/POV test drive of the MYLR I referenced above, by a German who has raced, and spends a lot of time in AMG’s, Audi RS’s, MSeries, etc. and his driving test on and off the Autobahn. Kinda long, but most of us have long waits too, so plenty of time to watch if you are interested. Key points: Fit and finish much, MUCH better than prior Tesla’s he tested. Silly good acceleration and performance in standard MYLR configuration. He says best chassis (he notes an aluminum chassis that improves rigidity and feel over the 3) and handling so far. Wind noise very good to excellent. Not quite on par with a Mercedes AMG, but very quiet and nice. He loves the overall look, and functionality of the passenger cabin, rear seat room (5 seater reviewed), hatch and cargo space, etc. Overall, he is quite impressed.

His main concern and criticism is about the suspension at high speed when he is up near max speed on the Autobahn, as it is a little unsettled and bouncy in the rear. Which can be fixed/helped with one of the suspension coil over upgrades available, if that is of concern. (I may do it but will drive it stock first). He recommends the 19 inch wheels for comfort. He also would like some ambient light (I don’t care about that), and a heads up display or simple speed/etc. display in front of the wheel. I don’t care about that either. My old 1976 Alfa Alfetta GT had only a tach up front (irrelevant here), and speedo was with secondary gauges in the center, so having that speed on that upper left of the screen didn’t bother me in the least. Makes me super excited to receive the car, not only to get off oil whilst driving, but also to just enjoy the sweet ride! For me, a fun watch! Enjoy while you wait folks!

Last edited:
No I haven’t tested high speed curves yet
If you don‘t mind, please report back when you do. I live up in the mountains of Idaho, and there is a lot of curvy two lane road, some of which has frost heaves and unevenness, so of practical interest at speeds of around 65-85 depending on speed limit. (I stay within 5 or 10, and/or safe for conditions). The issue is addressed in the German youtube vid I just posted. May not be a real issue at the speeds I am talking and only at full autobahn speed.

I moved up from June to an actual range Feb-24 to Mar-24.. that is definitley making me feel better
Your order date is a little less than a month before mind. Hoping that as time goes on, mine might receive the same treatment. Anyone know what plant is producing the US ordered cars now? Fremont?

I moved up from June to an actual range Feb-24 to Mar-24.. that is definitley making me feel better

Me too! This morning I moved up from June 2022 to March 17 - April 14! :D

Of course I expect this to move all over the place between now and then, but still makes me feel good!

Makes me wonder if Austin is coming online soon enough for them to start pulling in the delivery dates?

Last edited:
Your order date is a little less than a month before mind. Hoping that as time goes on, mine might receive the same treatment. Anyone know what plant is producing the US ordered cars now? Fremont?
Yes Fremont for US cars. Hopefully, next quarter, they will start producing Model Y for East cost purchases from Giga Austin. That should drop EDD for most.

Also for those of us waiting with cars on order, here is the video review/POV test drive of the MYLR I referenced above, by a German who has raced, and spends a lot of time in AMG’s, Audi RS’s, MSeries, etc. and his driving test on and off the Autobahn. Kinda long, but most of us have long waits too, so plenty of time to watch if you are interested. Key points: Fit and finish much, MUCH better than prior Tesla’s he tested. Silly good acceleration and performance in standard MYLR configuration. He says best chassis (he notes an aluminum chassis that improves rigidity and feel over the 3) and handling so far. Wind noise very good to excellent. Not quite on par with a Mercedes AMG, but very quiet and nice. He loves the overall look, and functionality of the passenger cabin, rear seat room (5 seater reviewed), hatch and cargo space, etc. Overall, he is quite impressed.

His main concern and criticism is about the suspension at high speed when he is up near max speed on the Autobahn, as it is a little unsettled and bouncy in the rear. Which can be fixed/helped with one of the suspension coil over upgrades available, if that is of concern. (I may do it but will drive it stock first). He recommends the 19 inch wheels for comfort. He also would like some ambient light (I don’t care about that), and a heads up display or simple speed/etc. display in front of the wheel. I don’t care about that either. My old 1976 Alfa Alfetta GT had only a tach up front (irrelevant here), and speedo was with secondary gauges in the center, so having that speed on that upper left of the screen didn’t bother me in the least. Makes me super excited to receive the car, not only to get off oil whilst driving, but also to just enjoy the sweet ride! For me, a fun watch! Enjoy while you wait folks!

His comments about the seats are what I am concerned about a bit. First thing I noticed when I test drove the Y was how short the seat length is. I am only 6'1" but the seats are a lot smaller than what I am used too. Hopefully this doesn't become an issue with me once I get my Y.

Ordered MYLR / silver / black / 19 / 5 on 9/12.

First EDD was February.
Second was Feb 25th-Mar 25th
Now showing just "June"
:'(
My fear is this will be the new normal. I have time and expect other SUVs to be available next year. So I’ll make my decision to move forward with the MY based on when the Macan EV will be available.

Add signatures???

Hey, all you others waiting out there! I see some have added signatures with your model details ordered and EDD. I just did. Might be fun if most of us did so we can all see what you all are waiting on. Sharing the anticipation!

I sure enjoyed @Oldguywaits ’s report today, which got me excited again after getting a little bummed after going down a little rabbit hole in relation to the stock and internet controversy yesterday. Excited for this car and charging network which has allowed me to commit to going electric way sooner than I thought I could, based on where I live. And as a result, has me also pushing forward on my solar plans for my house, which will need roof and furnace replaced anyway.
Thinking about a Tesla Roof? Awesome!

This may be obvious, but can someone explain the electronic payment options at delivery? Our SA is 2 hours away so I’m nervous about showing up with no down payment arranged. Can I just pay from my bank account on their website once I’m satisfied with the car?
I paid yesterday, skipped Plaid payment option and put in bank account information. It took a day for ACH hold to reflect on the account, so depending on your bank - don't expect it to be instant.