Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s been a long journey but my MY ended up being ready today at 5pm. I present My MY, Vision (named after the Marvel character). Delivery was a smooth process. Staff at Tesla Brooklyn were super nice and we were in and out in less than hour. The car has no gap issues. Minor adhesive on the paint that the service team wiped right off. The car was super easy to set up and even more fun to drive home. It rides really smooth and the acceleration….. Oh My Gosh! When it’s light, I’ll install the screen protector but for now, I can’t remember my Netflix password for the car. Lol

Attachments

• DA56831C-C63A-4FED-B1CF-2EA64B20529C.jpeg
    DA56831C-C63A-4FED-B1CF-2EA64B20529C.jpeg
    520.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 0E743251-DA68-4CC9-99F8-60886ED3F591.jpeg
    0E743251-DA68-4CC9-99F8-60886ED3F591.jpeg
    439.2 KB · Views: 82
Everyone talks about a front plate mount. What does it look like without that everyone is getting one?
I can speak for myself by saying the reasons I got one is bc 1) it’s illegal in my state to not have a front plate, and 2) I refused to put on the license plate holder Tesla gives you, it’s 3 strips of 3M adhesive that sticks directly onto your bumper and potentially messes up your paint.

If it wasn’t illegal in my state I would’ve definitely kept riding without one. That’s the better look for sure.

How do you like the under seat storage? It is one of the very few accessories I have yet to purchase.
I honestly haven’t found a reason to use it yet, but I’m pretty sure I’ll get some use out of it eventually. It’s super weird to configure bc it comes in separate pieces that Velcro together, but once it’s configured & in place it’s pretty clean. And it’s out the way & stays put since there’s Velcro on the sides to attach to the insides of the seat risers.

Got a VIN today, my EDD has been “TBD” for weeks. I called my electrician and moved up the install of the 14-50 outlet and did some soul searching and decided to move forward… then I realized it’s a 2021 VIN and changed my mind. I think I’m going to call tomorrow and put a hold on it, I don’t want to reject and get another old VIN. So close, yet so far!

It’s been a long journey but my MY ended up being ready today at 5pm. I present My MY, Vision (named after the Marvel character). Delivery was a smooth process. Staff at Tesla Brooklyn were super nice and we were in and out in less than hour. The car has no gap issues. Minor adhesive on the paint that the service team wiped right off. The car was super easy to set up and even more fun to drive home. It rides really smooth and the acceleration….. Oh My Gosh! When it’s light, I’ll install the screen protector but for now, I can’t remember my Netflix password for the car. Lol
OMG what a beauty!! congrats!!!! 😄😍

Ok this may be a stupid question. Is your profile complete? Payment method selected? No way a basic configuration should be that long.

Payment method must Be
selected for your profile to be complete. I would suggest just selecting cash, if you want to change to finance later, too so after you get your VIN

If “cash” is chosen can you edit it later to loan if decided? I was waiting to get closer to the date (current EDD Jan 30-Feb 27) before finishing this or the trade in part of the profile.

I ordered my LR MY in October 2021. I kept the standard items and my delivery date was initially August of 2022. Now its September of 2022. I guess I'm okay with this but I'm really hoping for the 4860s otherwise this long of a wait isn't really worth it.
Ordered in OCT as well. Stock wheels and Blue. 7 seater and Tow. just got pushed back a month to march-april. Hoping it moves back up...

Well well well it's been awhile, friends! Reading through 60 pages of this thread made me chuckle at the range of topics and frequency with which some resurface. You all are awesome!

I thought I'd share some more of my experience I took delivery on 9 Nov. I've been home about 3 days since then traveling all over. We've got 2700 miles on the car already which I pretty impressive given I put barely 2k miles on my last car in an entire year. This car is fantastic and amazing on road trips. A major upgrade for us! Here are the fun parts:

- The day after delivery, and the morning before we venture out on a 1400 mile trip to PA/NJ, I noticed a blue puddle under the car while I was sitting in it in the driveway and garage. I dismissed it initially but then decided to google the issue. That came back with either washer fluid or battery coolant. For the latter, it's an immediate service appt and can happen on new builds. Crap! I hadn't used the washer fluid so why would it be that? It's probably the coolant. Buuuut I don't see new leaks and I REALLY wanna drive it on this road trip. I added it to our existing service appt (for the rear door PPF install omitted at delivery) and asked about its drive worthiness. No response. We hemmed and hawed and after some risk analysis I said "let's send it." and we took the Tesla. Fortunately, we had no issues! The service appt (which occurred at 2400 miles) found the coolant to be fine, so maybe it was just overfilled washer fluid. Dodged a bullet there...
- Supercharging: Took some getting used to because I was using ABRP. Be sure to navigate to the supercharger from the car. Sending the location from apps doesn't set preconditioning. We saw one lady try to charge her RAV4 Prime. I told her it wouldn't work. She was disappointed. At that same stop in PA, a trucker ask about range and such then tried to tell me our car was just as dirty because it's running on coal electricity anyway (so you're admitting coal is bad?). We cordially stated some additional facts on that matter thanked him for stopping by. We waited for 20 min at only one supercharger in PA on our second road trip, but given that was around Thanksgiving, the increased volume is to be expected. But the chargers in NY/OH/PA will need upgrading very soon. Most were 50% or more full.
- Autosteer: We spent the first road trip steering at night like peasants because of the terrible auto high beams. On the highway they're pathetic and blind people indiscriminately. On the next trip we realized that you can turn off the auto high beams at night after turning on autosteer. So at night there's one extra step to use autopilot...press the left stalk forward after you engage autosteer.
- Cabin: quiet, speakers are great, ride is firm but comfortable. Heated seats and steering wheel are AMAZING! and keep from needing too hot of a cabin.
- Normally, splitting the eight hour drive with my wife to visit family wipes us. In the Tesla, I did the whole trip and really didn't feel fatigued at all!
- Still waiting on those Tesla Shield mats I ordered in early February. The frunk (great cooler in the winter, btw) and trunk ones are here. The lower panels fit nicely. The back is about an inch short in all dimensions. A bummer, but not a deal breaker.
- I don't think I'll need a matte screen protector. No issues with glare so far.
- We got our NEMA 14-50 installed today! $785 for a 70' run. Upgradable to 60amp in the future if I wanted to hardwire it. Now we charge faster than snails!
- I still haven't checked that I have the tow hitch I ordered...I should probably do that.
- We'll likely order delivery far less often. Because I want an excuse to drive!

I missed you all!

Well well well it's been awhile, friends! Reading through 60 pages of this thread made me chuckle at the range of topics and frequency with which some resurface. You all are awesome!

I thought I'd share some more of my experience I took delivery on 9 Nov. I've been home about 3 days since then traveling all over. We've got 2700 miles on the car already which I pretty impressive given I put barely 2k miles on my last car in an entire year. This car is fantastic and amazing on road trips. A major upgrade for us! Here are the fun parts:

- The day after delivery, and the morning before we venture out on a 1400 mile trip to PA/NJ, I noticed a blue puddle under the car while I was sitting in it in the driveway and garage. I dismissed it initially but then decided to google the issue. That came back with either washer fluid or battery coolant. For the latter, it's an immediate service appt and can happen on new builds. Crap! I hadn't used the washer fluid so why would it be that? It's probably the coolant. Buuuut I don't see new leaks and I REALLY wanna drive it on this road trip. I added it to our existing service appt (for the rear door PPF install omitted at delivery) and asked about its drive worthiness. No response. We hemmed and hawed and after some risk analysis I said "let's send it." and we took the Tesla. Fortunately, we had no issues! The service appt (which occurred at 2400 miles) found the coolant to be fine, so maybe it was just overfilled washer fluid. Dodged a bullet there...
- Supercharging: Took some getting used to because I was using ABRP. Be sure to navigate to the supercharger from the car. Sending the location from apps doesn't set preconditioning. We saw one lady try to charge her RAV4 Prime. I told her it wouldn't work. She was disappointed. At that same stop in PA, a trucker ask about range and such then tried to tell me our car was just as dirty because it's running on coal electricity anyway (so you're admitting coal is bad?). We cordially stated some additional facts on that matter thanked him for stopping by. We waited for 20 min at only one supercharger in PA on our second road trip, but given that was around Thanksgiving, the increased volume is to be expected. But the chargers in NY/OH/PA will need upgrading very soon. Most were 50% or more full.
- Autosteer: We spent the first road trip steering at night like peasants because of the terrible auto high beams. On the highway they're pathetic and blind people indiscriminately. On the next trip we realized that you can turn off the auto high beams at night after turning on autosteer. So at night there's one extra step to use autopilot...press the left stalk forward after you engage autosteer.
- Cabin: quiet, speakers are great, ride is firm but comfortable. Heated seats and steering wheel are AMAZING! and keep from needing too hot of a cabin.
- Normally, splitting the eight hour drive with my wife to visit family wipes us. In the Tesla, I did the whole trip and really didn't feel fatigued at all!
- Still waiting on those Tesla Shield mats I ordered in early February. The frunk (great cooler in the winter, btw) and trunk ones are here. The lower panels fit nicely. The back is about an inch short in all dimensions. A bummer, but not a deal breaker.
- I don't think I'll need a matte screen protector. No issues with glare so far.
- We got our NEMA 14-50 installed today! $785 for a 70' run. Upgradable to 60amp in the future if I wanted to hardwire it. Now we charge faster than snails!
- I still haven't checked that I have the tow hitch I ordered...I should probably do that.
- We'll likely order delivery far less often. Because I want an excuse to drive!

I missed you all!
Good to "see" you and glad you are enjoying your MY. I did not know about turning the high beams off (and don't use AP much at night because of the high beams)...so thank you for the update!
Can't wait til I can come back to offer my experience.

I don’t see anything available but two used once.
you have to put in a NE zip like 07054.. there are only 3 left now

The remaining ones are Demo vehicles ( the ones the dealers have for test drives)

Actually not bad prices for performance with FSD

EDIT: Went from 4 to 14 so it looks like they are dumping all the 2021 demo cars

Last edited:
Update on my old VIN assignment, I called today and rather than rejecting I was able to put my order on hold for 30 days. Since it was my first VIN he said it was no problem, he recommended strongly against rejecting if I didn’t want to get re-matched again in the very near future (potentially). Hold comes off Jan 7th and then I’ll be towards the front of the line, he estimated I’ll get another one 2nd to 3rd week of Jan (taken with a grain of salt, of course). Thanks to this thread for helping me navigate this situation, and good luck all!

Wow.... and no surprise they are forceing you to get FSD to get one. Seems like they won't push Production but they will drop cars online so they can make an extra $10k each for people desperate to own one

They're demo cars from the store and they all come with FSD. I was told in the dealership this weekend that its the end of the quarter and all of the demos are going up for sale online.

Reactions: John in LB
D'oh, ordered in early October. Dunno where February came from.
Haha, I got a bit worried about that timeline. I ordered in Oct/Nov and got the front mats, but not the back. Jason is working to get the rest out in December from the response he sent me (and a recent email update to all pending delivery customers). They look great from the half order I've received!