Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on my old VIN assignment, I called today and rather than rejecting I was able to put my order on hold for 30 days. Since it was my first VIN he said it was no problem, he recommended strongly against rejecting if I didn’t want to get re-matched again in the very near future (potentially). Hold comes off Jan 7th and then I’ll be towards the front of the line, he estimated I’ll get another one 2nd to 3rd week of Jan (taken with a grain of salt, of course). Thanks to this thread for helping me navigate this situation, and good luck all!
Have you been on Hold before???

Wow.... and no surprise they are forceing you to get FSD to get one. Seems like they won't push Production but they will drop cars online so they can make an extra $10k each for people desperate to own one

You can remove FSD before payment.

If you follow the Discord channels... this dump isn't new and Model Ys are sold within an hour (if not 15mins or less). Demand is still insane.

Greetings, everyone! I am moving back the States soon and trying to get a new Model Y as quickly as possible. I ordered a Model Y Performance today with white exterior and white/black interior. It says estimated delivery of Feb 2022. Do you think I will really get it by Feb? Is there anything I can change (colors, options, etc) to give myself a better chance of getting the car sooner? Thanks for any advice you can offer!

Greetings, everyone! I am moving back the States soon and trying to get a new Model Y as quickly as possible. I ordered a Model Y Performance today with white exterior and white/black interior. It says estimated delivery of Feb 2022. Do you think I will really get it by Feb? Is there anything I can change (colors, options, etc) to give myself a better chance of getting the car sooner? Thanks for any advice you can offer!
Sounds about right. MYP take 2 months from order to delivery (sometimes 1 month or 3 months in rare cases).

To find something in a week... check the Tesla inventory. There are Discord channels that watch for new cars dropping (like buying a PS5!)

Reactions: samori01
You can remove FSD before payment.

If you follow the Discord channels... this dump isn't new and Model Ys are sold within an hour (if not 15mins or less). Demand is still insane.
Yes, they have been putting the demos up for several days at least. If you do not want to wait and don’t mind paying the extra money you can find close to your build or even your build on Discord. I have seen my build, rare as it seems to be, 3 x on their (to be fair, one was in Ontario).

No posts here today?? :eek:
I’m guessing they’ve started retooling and VINs may slow down a bit other than recycles (like I received recently) or people buying demos, it’s really slowed to a trickle for the last week or so.

There do appear to be some nice upgrades on the horizon, hopefully we’ll see new cars out of Austin and Fremont with some of the MIC upgrades and beyond. The double pane glass for the rear passengers looks promising and I know a bunch of folks would like to see the projector headlights in the LR.

Anyway, hopefully the New Year brings a ton of new VINs and increased production capacity from Austin coming online (minimum 1 year to ramp up to full capacity, I’m sure).

I think there was some forum maintenance, but still... that doesn't fully explain the quietest day I've ever personally witnessed in the months I've been following this thread.
The August Order thread was busy yesterday, and busier than this tread recently. Mostly due to flurry of VIN two weeks ago and a bunch of EDD pushes last week. But I agree, this thread has been strangely quiet.