Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you finally got your 2nd Model Y? How is it? I didn't know it at the time but it turns out mine arrived last summer on Elon's 50th birthday.
Yup! Picked it up Friday. Smooth delivery experience but this one came with more serious QC defects. Fit and finish perfect, drives perfect (except for issue #2 below).

1. LH wiper arm was not assembled or aligned correctly, so it extends too far, off the windshield when it wipes at its highest wiping position. Wiper park position is also sits too high.

2. Motor whine at higher speeds. Sounds like a loud dental drill after 60 mph. Annoying and actually quite unpleasant.

Going to have mobile service do the wiper arm, adjustment, and wait a bit and make an appt to take it in to a service center for the motor issue. Doing some searching online it could be the Battery Penthouse Perimeter Seal (insulation), ground strap, or drive unit defect. Andy Slye (YouTuber) had the exact same issue with his Model Y, and ended up with a drive unit replacement. Hopefully mine won’t come to that.

Yup! Picked it up Friday. Smooth delivery experience but this one came with more serious QC defects. Fit and finish perfect, drives perfect (except for issue #2 below).

1. LH wiper arm was not assembled or aligned correctly, so it extends too far, off the windshield when it wipes at its highest wiping position. Wiper park position is also sits too high.

2. Motor whine at higher speeds. Sounds like a loud dental drill after 60 mph. Annoying and actually quite unpleasant.

Going to have mobile service do the wiper arm, adjustment, and wait a bit and make an appt to take it in to a service center for the motor issue. Doing some searching online it could be the Battery Penthouse Perimeter Seal (insulation), ground strap, or drive unit defect. Andy Slye (YouTuber) had the exact same issue with his Model Y, and ended up with a drive unit replacement. Hopefully mine won’t come to that.
Congrats on the second Y! Hopefully they'll get your issues resolved quickly

Reactions: PatrickTM
Congrats on the second Y! Hopefully they'll get your issues resolved quickly
Thanks! While not as exciting and not as highly anticipated as the first Model Y, the car is just a great replacement for the 2006 Honda Accord.

The QC defects also don’t concern me nearly as much this time around, having experienced Tesla service experience. They’re not great but they always get the job done.

I randomly checked this thread after a very long time, so happy to see @PatrickTM, @ajs847,@BitJam , @boingolover, @dnstommy ..
How are you guys all doing ? Maybe I should check back few pages here.

Our MYLR is about to cross 13k miles (Delivered on 12th Oct 2021), it is serving us very well. Got wheels rotated and aligned at discount tires for free(Well, I tip them separately) at about 6k miles, need to get them rotated again this week end. We had flat tire two times, minor ones, not in the middle of road n all, both discovered in the morning before leaving home.

No issues so far, everything working great.

We are kind of used to life with an EV now, no more range anxiety and slowly getting used to driving with low battery. Earlier we never went below 20%, always charged extra and stopped at every supercharger on the way. In last trip we managed to skip super chargers, like doing 240-250 miles between charging, we never do that usually. We are also used to driving very close to speed limit, which is good, safety plus range.

We also managed to make use of 10-30, 14-30 extension cables, adapters, which we had bought long ago; we charged using an old dryer plug during our recent trip to Smokies, our cabin was about 30 miles away from Pigeon Forge supercharger.

I hope the best for folks waiting for their first MY, it is a great car. Happy charging!

I randomly checked this thread after a very long time, so happy to see @PatrickTM, @ajs847,@BitJam , @boingolover, @dnstommy ..
How are you guys all doing ? Maybe I should check back few pages here.

Our MYLR is about to cross 13k miles (Delivered on 12th Oct 2021), it is serving us very well. Got wheels rotated and aligned at discount tires for free(Well, I tip them separately) at about 6k miles, need to get them rotated again this week end. We had flat tire two times, minor ones, not in the middle of road n all, both discovered in the morning before leaving home.

No issues so far, everything working great.

We are kind of used to life with an EV now, no more range anxiety and slowly getting used to driving with low battery. Earlier we never went below 20%, always charged extra and stopped at every supercharger on the way. In last trip we managed to skip super chargers, like doing 240-250 miles between charging, we never do that usually. We are also used to driving very close to speed limit, which is good, safety plus range.

We also managed to make use of 10-30, 14-30 extension cables, adapters, which we had bought long ago; we charged using an old dryer plug during our recent trip to Smokies, our cabin was about 30 miles away from Pigeon Forge supercharger.

I hope the best for folks waiting for their first MY, it is a great car. Happy charging!
Good to hear from you @chand. I sold my M3LR to Driveway for 10k more than I paid. I loved the car, it was great on long trips. Zero issues with the car. But I did not like the white seats and 3rd row. Being offered 10k for a do over was just the right ticket. Ordered a M3P and take delivery in 10 days.