Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Y is home (lousy Indy weather today). Everything looked great. Excited to get out and drive. Car will be powered by 24 solar panels (not Tesla). The future is now.

Good luck everyone. I enjoyed our almost 2 month trip to get here.

View attachment 667289

Ordered April 1st - 2021 Model Y LR AWD Pearl White, Black interior, 5-seat, 19" wheels, Tow Hitch, no FSD. Received VIN on 5/25 with estimated delivery date of 5/26-5/29 (was 5-9 weeks before receiving VIN).
Picked up on 5/28.
Any rear ppf or mudflaps?

Just took delivery this morning in Orlando. Chris Elkins was a fantastic SA, especially compared to some of the horror stories I have read here. The vehicle took exactly 5 weeks and 2 days from the time I ordered it until I took delivery. No major issues, the frunk is slightly misaligned and there were 3 small scratches on the top passenger side of the windshield near the roof. These issues have already been noted and will hopefully be resolved. Loving this car!!!
View attachment 667288
Same spec, twinsies!

• Love
Reactions: Hahabye
I used the Tesla chat who then had a SC from my pickup location call me to schedule about 30 minutes later.

After getting my VIN I have not heard from my original SA. I’ve had to reach out directly to the store or use Tesla chat.
Same here. Call came in around noon from our original SA to set up our pick up on Memorial Day! Excellent and super ready.

Now to the insurance and bank. Those will be closed Monday, so now is the time.

Sure thing. Sent you a PM
Hey! Sorry to bug as I'm sure you've been asked quite a bit. I was wondering if you'd be willing to send me a referral for the DCU as well. I've tried to send you a PM, but as a new member I'm thinking I don't have the option to do that yet. Any help would be great, and I'd love to be able to help get you that referral bonus! Thanks.

Reactions: noob_hunter_gu
Just took delivery this morning in Orlando. Chris Elkins was a fantastic SA, especially compared to some of the horror stories I have read here. The vehicle took exactly 5 weeks and 2 days from the time I ordered it until I took delivery. No major issues, the frunk is slightly misaligned and there were 3 small scratches on the top passenger side of the windshield near the roof. These issues have already been noted and will hopefully be resolved. Loving this car!!!
View attachment 667288
It looks beautiful!! I'm picking mine up in Orlando at 5, couldn't be any more excited :)
I have a few questions: For the scratches, did you put them in the app as service appointments?
And did you pay with online before getting the car? I've heard of people paying with a cashier's check in person instead of doing the online payment but I'm not sure which would be best.

Interesting, @Emmadiane. I also got off the phone with them not long ago. Yes, it was a 1.5 hour hold but I didn't need to stay on the phone the entire time. They have automated callbacks that save your place in line. I have spoken to DCU reps twice and both times Jonathan/Sam were very helpful, courteous, and explained everything without me having to probe. They explained the .25% EV discount and the .50% discount with direct deposit. You have to do a full paycheck deposit; partial deposit does not qualify for the .50%. They said if you call on a Saturday, and everything gets reviewed and finalized, then they send out the check on a Monday (overnight). I don't think their process is too bad considering they're way across the country for me (California) but, like you, I may just keep the Tesla 2.49% to complete the purchase and then refi afterwards.
That’s good to know- thanks for sharing. Maybe I just didn’t get their star performer.

Called Tampa sales in International Plaza to schedule an overnight test drive for fun/to test wall charger. Went to voicemail twice, voicemail is full. Sounds like they're pretty busy over there! :) Best of luck to them with delivering vehicles!
Sarasota Mall might be a better choice for an overnighter. I did one a few weeks ago. They have no cars to deliver so basically just do test drives. You pick up at 5:00pm and return the next morning at 10:00.

Reactions: jbsmoovies