Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some genius at Tesla told Elon that we are now selling 499,550 cars per year, so we should cut out the $5 accessory and save $2.5M. Cost savings = pure profit.

Then turn around and sell it at $45, which 75% of people will buy, generating $16.9M of additional income. He or she was thereafter given a humongous bonus for coming up with the ingenious scheme.
LOL! Spot on!

Finally got the text to schedule delivery. VIN was assigned (203XXX) on 6/1 and delivery is scheduled for 6/20. Looking forward to finally getting the car.

On a side note, my brother picked up his Y with the exact same configuration as mine yesterday. I have to say his car was flawless from a fit and finish perspective. It was good to get a preview of what my car will look like.

One issue that he ran into was the screen has gone blank a couple times and had to reboot manually. Has anyone else run into this issue? Any advise on how to get this resolved? He got a software update but it still happened after the update.
Its a software bug, have him call tech support they will go through a few steps with him and if nothing else it will get logged so the engineers can resolve it in a future patch...

Reactions: vpatel787
Some genius at Tesla told Elon that we are now selling 499,550 cars per year, so we should cut out the $5 accessory and save $2.5M. Cost savings = pure profit.

Then turn around and sell it at $45, which 75% of people will buy, generating $16.9M of additional income. He or she was thereafter given a humongous bonus for coming up with the ingenious scheme.
I understand you are being funny, but it could have also been a bit on the other side of things. He or she could have faced losing their job if they didn't find a way to save $15M+ of income and this was the path towards that savings. They are a public company, they will be doing cost cutting measures more and more.

I received the 2021 version of the 3D Maxpider and they fit perfect with no gap, you must have received the 2020 mats.
How can we tell if we have 2021 or 2020? My 3DMAXPider floor mats arrived but are still in the box (awaiting car). I assumed I would receive 2021 version but what should I look for to be sure? Want to check before the return window expires.

@rcsting , can you please share a photo of your 2021, or its tag, so I can compare them to mine? I may have received 2020 when I ordered 2021 last month.

2DDBB39B-C76A-47E2-8A12-94383E7F91C9.jpeg
1F1FE892-57B9-48BD-BA12-898B76E10ED0.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg007
They stopped including it for a while. Our Model S, purchased in 08/2019, did not have 14-50 adapter. Paid $35 for it back then but I think it’s $45 now.
Guess I was one of the lucky last few. I leased my M3 in 7/2019 and it had one. Glad someone mentioned that or I would have been complaining that it was missing whenever I am blessed by lord Elon with my MY

I just completed delivery of our new MY LR. I have to say it went really well. I took about 4 different PDI checklists and combined them and added a few of my own items. It was 4 complete pages of things to check off. The great SA I found was there for the delivery. He said I have 3 days or 100 miles if anything else pops up as part of the delivery to bring them to their attention.

I have to say I couldn't find ANY significant issues. Lights were flush, doors closed easily, paint looked good, body panel alignment was as good as my last MB, Audi or Acura. It might have been better than some cars I've taken delivery of in the past. My VIN is 183xxx. It is a 7 seater and I don't know if that makes in difference.

I honestly am impressed. My car was nice and clean, tire shine on the tires, no smudges, anything that looked like maybe a paint issue was a piece of dirt blown on it as it was sitting outside. Kudos to the team in Jacksonville!

Also the ride/drive was better than any of the other MYs I drove for demo models. Maybe they are getting things better incrementally. It was pretty quiet, road compliance was good, all in all it seemed like a much tighter car. Haven't floored it yet but so far seems good.

My only question is the trailer hitch supposed to come with a 7 way to 4 way trailer adaptor?

I just completed delivery of our new MY LR. I have to say it went really well. I took about 4 different PDI checklists and combined them and added a few of my own items. It was 4 complete pages of things to check off. The great SA I found was there for the delivery. He said I have 3 days or 100 miles if anything else pops up as part of the delivery to bring them to their attention.

I have to say I couldn't find ANY significant issues. Lights were flush, doors closed easily, paint looked good, body panel alignment was as good as my last MB, Audi or Acura. It might have been better than some cars I've taken delivery of in the past. My VIN is 183xxx. It is a 7 seater and I don't know if that makes in difference.

I honestly am impressed. My car was nice and clean, tire shine on the tires, no smudges, anything that looked like maybe a paint issue was a piece of dirt blown on it as it was sitting outside. Kudos to the team in Jacksonville!

Also the ride/drive was better than any of the other MYs I drove for demo models. Maybe they are getting things better incrementally. It was pretty quiet, road compliance was good, all in all it seemed like a much tighter car. Haven't floored it yet but so far seems good.

My only question is the trailer hitch supposed to come with a 7 way to 4 way trailer adaptor?
So glad to hear the smooth experience. Did they let you inspect the interior prior to "accepting delivery"? Would you mind sharing your master check-list?

That's good to hear! and congrats! Would you mind sharing the checklist you made?