Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not to torque you, but miy VIN to delivery was 4 days - but that was the result of the May containment hold where the car was already on the storage lot at Tysons Corner, but couldn't be delivered to the SC in Rockville until Tesla updated firmware to support Tesla Vision. I could have had it in 1 day, lol. Typically, you are issued a VIN when the car is being manufactured in Fremont. It takes a few days to load onto a truck, then a number of days to travel across country. Five weeks sounds inaccurate.
the SA said it wasnt even on the truck yet unfortunately.

Day to day slippage continues but remains in this quarter for a Black, Black, 19, 7 seater + tow.

Ordered: May 7
Current window: June 25-30 no VIN yet.

Boston, MA.

The great news for someone else is that if this ships it'll be available for someone else to pickup since I'll be out of town at the end of quarter.
I was in the same boat then it slipped to July/August . 7 seaters keep slipping for mid to late April and early May orders for some reason.

when I Finally got a hold of someone reliable at Tesla SC in my area and they confirmed I will only get the car 3rd or 4th week of July, and I should expected a VIN last week of June.

Reactions: BitJam
here's what I did to 1.24% with DCU, 65 months.
Applied loan first. upon approval, moved forward with becoming a member. Loan application was made on 6/9, check is being delivered to me 6/12. They give you 90 days to setup the direct deposits etc, which if you fail to do the rate jumps back to 1.75%, I didn't do the Tesla Match route since delivery is supposedly a week away and I didn't want to change any paperwork. Plus their checking interest rate 0.5% helps, if I maintain my usual balance then over a 5 yr period DCU will have actually paid me more in interest than what I will pay them on the loan, LOL...
Super helpful. Excellent strategy and I love they’ll effectively pay me for borrowing!

Reactions: aditgarg
That is an unbelievable rate, congrats. But a true flex is not financing at all! Congrats on your new ride!
true flex is financing at incredibly low rate, whether 1.24% or 0.9%, several folks on here can easily buy with all cash. However, why tie up your money when you can easily get 8-10% through investments with almost no effort..

My delivery times keep changing. I ordered in late april, and my initial delivery window was May 7th - 22nd. It changed over and over again until it was a June delivery window. It stayed that way through the June date (6th-26th) and then it changed daily the first date, 7th, 8th, 9th, etc...Now as of today it says 2-10 weeks. I called the factory in Fremont, and they have ZERO idea when, except for maybe the last couple weeks of the month. This is so F****NG frustrating.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 84
this is super easy to do, do not need an electrician or another city permit for this modification. Just make sure you don't try to pull too much power through the TWC. Cap the white neutral wire, TWC doesn't need it. Do not change the breaker from 50A to 60A unless you are sure your wiring was already done with #4 gauge wire. I personally will stay at 50A and if really need the additional charging boost then install the TWC but highly unlikely.
The house was built in October and I asked the builder to put in a 60amp outlet in the garage for charging an electric car as I new I would take delivery sometime this year. That being said, I’m assuming the builder used the right gauge wire as I have no way of confirming unless I take the 240v outlet (dryer outlet) apart and look at the wire?

Well.......it's here!!! I'm beyond words , it's just too breathtaking in person! No issues with anything other than one very small blemish on the rear bumper (my delivery person tried to buff it out but said can easily schedule it for next time, i think i can take care of it on my own). Very streamlined process and completely different customer service , they were very friendly and helpful. Good luck to the rest of you waiting, it sure is worth the wait. (I shouldn't say that since i snagged an inventory model, had 6 miles on the odometer).

Attachments

• 20210611_172038.jpg
    20210611_172038.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 20210611_174501.jpg
    20210611_174501.jpg
    783 KB · Views: 53
  • 20210611_194102.jpg
    20210611_194102.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 52
Dropped off my car at Carmax today - 3 days before my scheduled pickup date. I hope it holds 😐

Here were offers I got for my 2017 Acura in case this info may be helpful to anyone:

Tesla - $19.5K
KBB - $20K
Carvana- $20.5K
Vroom - $22.7K
Auto Nation - $25K
Carmax - $25.8K
Carmax (via Edmunds) - $26.9K

it was a bit of a drive to Carmax but a very pleasant experience once there. They honored the online offer and it took just one hour from arrival to departure. Highly recommended.

One tip - use the Edmunds website to get your Carmax offer. It is almost always higher than what the Carmax website will offer directly.

Last edited:
I ordered on my MYP on 06/08 from my local Tesla SC. My configuration was Pearl White exterior, White Interior, 5 Seat, No Tow, No FSD. The original EDD was : 07/ 12 - 08/01. HOWEVER, I just received an email with the acknowledgment for Tesla Vision. I logged onto my profile, accepted the Tesla Vision and I now see my VIN #. The EDD now is 06/11-06/14. For obvious reasons it isn't happening today since it's already 7:40 PM and my Tesla SC is closed. I will be calling tomorrow to inquire more about this. I'm assuming I picked up someones cancelled order. What do you guys think? Almost forgot, VIN # 194XXX. Not sure how far back VIN # 194XXX dates back to. Being how I signed for Tesla Vision, I'm assuming it was built sometime in May?