Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I actually ended up getting my car last Saturday afterall. The car I ended up with was a 183xxx VIN with the passenger lumbar, no radar, and only 10 miles instead of 2300. It isn't exactly the same config as I originally ordered 20" wheels instead of 19" and no tow package. They really went above and beyond finding me a car after my demo was nowhere to be found and honestly I'm perfectly happy with the 20" wheels and I didn't really need the tow package.

I'll send this screenshot to my SA so he is fully aware. I tried to go through Plaid on my Tesla account this morning and received this message:

View attachment 671565

It does give the option for an ACH after exiting Plaid:
View attachment 671566
My SA's reply when I told him I cannot use Plaid:

1623443241027.png

I don't get DCU (Digital Credit Union). Are we supposed to apply online for the loan or call? I am already a member...

It's pretty simple, esp if you intend to use DCU ... I took a gamble (not knowing how they were), but now that I'm a member they are fantastic

What I did:

1) Go to website and join using the 10 dollar donation to the kids option
2) Started shifting my direct deposits over slowly (first a few hundred then more - I get paid weekly so that shortened the timeframe)
3) Made sure I had access to everything and could get a hold of them / support
4) Within a month I had relationship status and all the discounts
5) Apply for loan

Once you have an account number and pin, getting to them is really easy and hold times are really short. It takes about a week or so business days for account PIN to show up in mail.

Chat support works well too

You can do the apply for loan and agree to do direct deposit etc by 90 days deal for the discounts, but I became a member first and that streamlined everything. I'm not even doing the whole pay direct deposit yet.

I'd say you have a few options since the Wall Connector does not come with a plug by default:
  1. Remove outlet and hard wire the Wall Connector
  2. Pigtail the wall connector with a NEMA 14-60 plug (I would probably do that) Here's an example
  3. Buy a NEMA 14-60 adapter from EVSEAdapters.com and use the included Mobile Connector to charge the car (NOTE: This will be limited to 32A, so you'll have a slower charge than the other options, but it would be cheapest and easiest) Here's the link for that
I actually made a video a while back about 240v charging options for the Mobile Connector and purchased a 14-60 adapter to test. Here's the video at the timestamp for the 14-60 if you're interested in checking it out:
So i went with your suggested option 2 and got the pigtail NEMA 14-60 plug which has 4 wires but the wall connector only takes 3 wires. Is there a particular wire in the pigtail that i need to not use?

It's pretty simple, esp if you intend to use DCU ... I took a gamble (not knowing how they were), but now that I'm a member they are fantastic

What I did:

1) Go to website and join using the 10 dollar donation to the kids option
2) Started shifting my direct deposits over slowly (first a few hundred then more - I get paid weekly so that shortened the timeframe)
3) Made sure I had access to everything and could get a hold of them / support
4) Within a month I had relationship status and all the discounts
5) Apply for loan

Once you have an account number and pin, getting to them is really easy and hold times are really short. It takes about a week or so business days for account PIN to show up in mail.

Chat support works well too

You can do the apply for loan and agree to do direct deposit etc by 90 days deal for the discounts, but I became a member first and that streamlined everything. I'm not even doing the whole pay direct deposit yet.
So you can’t just be a member with $10 in the account and get 1.49%? That’s what Alliant let me do with my X…I don’t want to shift a bunch of direct deposits.

Hmmm. Much to think about. Alliant is at 1.99%. Not sure the 50bps is worth my time, to be honest.
It's 75bps with the 0.25% energy efficient rate discount. You should be able to get 1.24% (assuming very good credit).

Its suspected if your direct deposit is >$500 a month i.e. your loan payment is also >$500 a month, then no issues maintaining the 0.5% discount for direct deposit. No true confirmation of this, even though the DCU site says your "net pay", the rep I talked to said my >$800 monthly payment would qualify as enough for the discounts if I direct deposited the minimum to pay the monthly loan.

• Informative
Reactions: k333 and mwdietertg
Hmmm. Much to think about. Alliant is at 1.99%. Not sure the 50bps is worth my time, to be honest.
here's what I did to 1.24% with DCU, 65 months.
Applied loan first. upon approval, moved forward with becoming a member. Loan application was made on 6/9, check is being delivered to me 6/12. They give you 90 days to setup the direct deposits etc, which if you fail to do the rate jumps back to 1.75%, I didn't do the Tesla Match route since delivery is supposedly a week away and I didn't want to change any paperwork. Plus their checking interest rate 0.5% helps, if I maintain my usual balance then over a 5 yr period DCU will have actually paid me more in interest than what I will pay them on the loan, LOL...

So i went with your suggested option 2 and got the pigtail NEMA 14-60 plug which has 4 wires but the wall connector only takes 3 wires. Is there a particular wire in the pigtail that i need to not use?
this is super easy to do, do not need an electrician or another city permit for this modification. Just make sure you don't try to pull too much power through the TWC. Cap the white neutral wire, TWC doesn't need it. Do not change the breaker from 50A to 60A unless you are sure your wiring was already done with #4 gauge wire. I personally will stay at 50A and if really need the additional charging boost then install the TWC but highly unlikely.

here's what I did to 1.24% with DCU, 65 months.
Applied loan first. upon approval, moved forward with becoming a member. Loan application was made on 6/9, check is being delivered to me 6/12. They give you 90 days to setup the direct deposits etc, which if you fail to do the rate jumps back to 1.75%, I didn't do the Tesla Match route since delivery is supposedly a week away and I didn't want to change any paperwork. Plus their checking interest rate 0.5% helps, if I maintain my usual balance then over a 5 yr period DCU will have actually paid me more in interest than what I will pay them on the loan, LOL...
Don't forget the 6.17% APY on their savings account for the first $1,000 too!

Reactions: aditgarg
Don't forget the 6.17% APY on their savings account for the first $1,000 too!
Thanks for walking me through the DCU process by the way, you were a great help getting me on that route. Absolutely correct, but they only get a $1000 from me. American Express treats me nicer on jumbo savings rates plus their regular soft benefits are always great (concierge, 0 fees same day transfers etc.)

Reactions: k333 and sgalla04
Thanks for walking me through the DCU process by the way, you were a great help getting me on that route. Absolutely correct, but they only get a $1000 from me. American Express treats me nicer on jumbo savings rates plus their regular soft benefits are always great (concierge, 0 fees same day transfers etc.)

Doing similar, keeping the 1k in for that sweet initial APY, elsewhere for other perks as well.

Reactions: k333 and sgalla04
I wanted to share my ordering experience too!
Ordered 5/7: Model Y LR/Blue/Black interior/Gemini/Tow/FSD
5/8: No delivery date, stated a Tesla representative will reach out
6/4: Date finally showed up: 7/30-8/29 EDD
6/5: EDD: 7/31-8/30
6/7: EDD: 8/27-9/26
6/8: EDD: 8/4-9/3
6/9: EDD: 6/23-6/30
6/10 AM: 6/24-6/30
6/10 PM (after the Tesla event): EDD still 6/24-6/30 however, VIN Finally Showed up!! 207xxx
6/11 AM: Blue button to proceed with delivery from that "Order Update" message regarding removal of Radar. I also changed my mind about FSD and removed it after hitting the blue button. Somehow my price still stayed the same (minus saving $10k) even though the SA told me it will update the price of the vehicle to current prices.

Kansas City region. Getting really excited!

So, at this point...is the vehicle being manufactured or actually left Fremont, CA and heading toward KC?