Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered White Performance M3 on 6-17-21. Im in De. App said 1-11 weeks then Friday it said june 26-july 20. Now says 7-11 weeks. Confused here. Debating canceling my order and getting that 2022 M4 ordered...But ive allready ordered 5grand worth of mods for this thing! And I really do want it. Someone talk me out of jumping!!
Did you mean the I4 and not the M4? I had been following the M4 and really thought about going with it. I can't stand the face of the car but I was willing to look past it. In the end, I kept the course with the MY.

I would have hated to buy the I4 without a test drive. I have to say that despite all the crap leading up to the delivery of our MY LR, it has been an amazing car so far. Definitely a learning experience in some ways. A big plus is the size of the community around Teslas. Sure there are some Stans but a lot of other people who still love ICE cars and also have an idea of what good chassis tuning should be like.

The massive community has made it a lot easier to find workarounds, accessories, tips and tricks, and enhanced my user experience in ways I didn't anticipate. While I am a big BMW enthusiast, I don't think BMW will have the amount of I4's on the road anytime soon to get this level of community support AND aftermarket. The final thing that kept me in the Tesla camp (at least for now) is the super charger network. That is just so hard to beat.

In general, the MY has exceeded my expectations. It isn't perfect, some things really tick me off like, continuous price increases, the radar and lumbar support removal, but it is a damn good place to spend time behind the wheel so far. It has a lot more room than you think it would. I didn't know we needed 7 seats until we bought one from inventory, but now I am glad we did. I am definitely not a Tesla fanboi, but I really appreciate the value it has.

I am not sure the MY is my ideal but it was a good entry point into the brand. We have a Model S on order and that was my first choice but the lack of towing capability was an issue so we landed on the MY for now. If it wasn't for my wife, I probably would have bought the M3 performance and just stuck a hitch on it and chanced the warranty issues and still bought the S anyway. ;-)

I also looked at the Mach-E and it has a lot going for it. I hate to buy the first year vehicles as I've been burnt a few times doing this. Our local Ford dealer, like many, was clueless about the Mach-E so pretty easy to rule it out.

Did you mean the I4 and not the M4? I had been following the M4 and really thought about going with it. I can't stand the face of the car but I was willing to look past it. In the end, I kept the course with the MY.

I would have hated to buy the I4 without a test drive. I have to say that despite all the crap leading up to the delivery of our MY LR, it has been an amazing car so far. Definitely a learning experience in some ways. A big plus is the size of the community around Teslas. Sure there are some Stans but a lot of other people who still love ICE cars and also have an idea of what good chassis tuning should be like.

The massive community has made it a lot easier to find workarounds, accessories, tips and tricks, and enhanced my user experience in ways I didn't anticipate. While I am a big BMW enthusiast, I don't think BMW will have the amount of I4's on the road anytime soon to get this level of community support AND aftermarket. The final thing that kept me in the Tesla camp (at least for now) is the super charger network. That is just so hard to beat.

In general, the MY has exceeded my expectations. It isn't perfect, some things really tick me off like, continuous price increases, the radar and lumbar support removal, but it is a damn good place to spend time behind the wheel so far. It has a lot more room than you think it would. I didn't know we needed 7 seats until we bought one from inventory, but now I am glad we did. I am definitely not a Tesla fanboi, but I really appreciate the value it has.

I am not sure the MY is my ideal but it was a good entry point into the brand. We have a Model S on order and that was my first choice but the lack of towing capability was an issue so we landed on the MY for now. If it wasn't for my wife, I probably would have bought the M3 performance and just stuck a hitch on it and chanced the warranty issues and still bought the S anyway. ;-)

I also looked at the Mach-E and it has a lot going for it. I hate to buy the first year vehicles as I've been burnt a few times doing this. Our local Ford dealer, like many, was clueless about the Mach-E so pretty easy to rule it out.
I could not pull the trigger on a Mach e. Not being a hater there’s just too many reasons to go Tesla > anything else atm. I’m looking very closely at VW ID line mainly because the electric microbus looks amazing. Canoo subscription based car is an interesting concept too. Might be good for my soon to be driving oldest son if the price is right.

Need some advice!! I have ordered a MYLR to NY, scheduled to arrive August. Brand new, everything is all set. However, I just pulled the trigger on an existing inventory car, “demo” 4k miles. Same color but a MYP, 21” wheels. I also ordered black interior initially and this MYP has white. Which choice should I go with? Questions welcomed, help needed!
*MYLR was going to Mt. Kisco
*MYP is ready for pickup at Smithtown NY

Need some advice!! I have ordered a MYLR to NY, scheduled to arrive August. Brand new, everything is all set. However, I just pulled the trigger on an existing inventory car, “demo” 4k miles. Same color but a MYP, 21” wheels. I also ordered black interior initially and this MYP has white. Which choice should I go with? Questions welcomed, help needed!
I personally would not be comfortable playing “new” pricing for a demo with 4K miles. That’s essentially used. I’d stick with the LR or wait for a non-demo inventory car that matches what you want or the MYP.

anybody have any new updates or new dates when they ordered in june??
I ordered June 4th and yesterday my EDD updated to July 15th - August 4th from August 2nd - August 22nd. I had those dates for about a week.

I also want to note that I switch the color from blue to white on Monday night. For a couple of reasons, can detail the thought process if anyone is curious.

I don't want to go too far down the rabbit hole of MYP vs MY LR as I ordered the MYP and ended up changing to the MY LR for a myriad of reasons. In general if you paid close to retail, I don't think it is worth it with 4k miles on it. A good bit of tire life has been used up and it isn't cheap to replace them. Also 4k miles on a demo were likely very hard miles.

I know you are excited to finally get a car, but maybe it worth looking for other vehicles given the miles on this one. The 21" wheels tend to be curb rash magnets. Have you driven an MYP in your area to see if the ride quality is in line with expectations and road conditions?

I could not pull the trigger on a Mach e. Not being a hater there’s just too many reasons to go Tesla > anything else atm. I’m looking very closely at VW ID line mainly because the electric microbus looks amazing. Canoo subscription based car is an interesting concept too. Might be good for my soon to be driving oldest son if the price is right.
I have to say the MME is a great first effort. I think this is definitely some great competition. Tesla needs to stay on top of its game. Between the MME and the electric F150, these too vehicles really have the ability to impact Tesla more than any other electric car I see now or on the near horizon. I don't drink the Tesla Koolaid and when it came time to open my wallet and buy a BEV, Tesla was the best option. If there was a better option I would have went with it. I do think their lead has shrunk from a year ago though.

If the microbus doesn't turn out to be a POS, I'll definitely buy one. I had an original one and have a lot of fond memories. Give it decent performance, 250+ mile real world range and I would definitely be on board.

For those of you who took delivery and live in Maryland, how long did it take you to get your license plates? Also did any apply for the HOV sticker?
It take as about 3-4 weeks for plates. I’ve gotten the HOV sticker on prior Teslas, but it’s ugly and HAS to be posted super close to license plate, so you can’t hide it and I didn’t use it much. Sounds vain, but I spent $65k on the car, it can drive itself in traffic and I am not trying to put a bumper sticker on it.

I have to say the MME is a great first effort. I think this is definitely some great competition. Tesla needs to stay on top of its game. Between the MME and the electric F150, these too vehicles really have the ability to impact Tesla more than any other electric car I see now or on the near horizon. I don't drink the Tesla Koolaid and when it came time to open my wallet and buy a BEV, Tesla was the best option. If there was a better option I would have went with it. I do think their lead has shrunk from a year ago though.

If the microbus doesn't turn out to be a POS, I'll definitely buy one. I had an original one and have a lot of fond memories. Give it decent performance, 250+ mile real world range and I would definitely be on board.
Agree Mach E is a great first effort, but the dealers don’t know *sugar* about them. Same for VW, Audi, etc. They can’t rely on their dealers to sell these EVs as they don’t have an incentive. Having said that, Tesla has been able to crush it with, effectively, word of mouth, techies, etc. However, I think that may be an advantage unique to a first mover. Time will tell.

Update for those still waiting.

Sentry mode doesn’t work, or doesn’t work consistently, on my Y. Frustrating, but they’ll fix it.

I love the interior of the Y, even compared to my X. Having such a clean, “no vent” dash is awesome and the airflow is terrific. I don’t mind not having a dashboard - it’s kind of refreshing and, again, no clutter.

Most of all, and this is an MYLR, it’s insanely fun to drive. It’s like a go kart from a handling and speed perspective. My son loves launch mode on my P90D X, but even he said the Y feels quicker for some reason. Clearly, off the line, it isn’t, but it’s quick and fun. As well, voice control works about 1,000% better than my first gen X and my wife’s ok’d Audi, and Siri (not saying much!). It’s quick and darn accurate.

Final piece, as always, check inventory often and don’t f’ing pay until you check your car out unless you absolutely must.

I stopped by the Salt Lake center today because I was in the area. When I drove past on Sunday night it was completely full with cars for delivery. A lot of MY and a couple new MS Plaid and M3. Today a lot of those cars were gone but another truck had arrived and was just starting to unload. I asked the service center guy how many cars he thought they would receive before the end of the month? He said close to 100 was his best guess. Wow! He then looked up my order (ordered June 1st) and he said my spec (White on Black LR 7 seater with tow) is fairly popular and he didn't think I'd get it until September. My online date has been holding pretty steady this week at mid to late July, so September was a surprise. He did say that cars seem to come in waves to different parts of the country which I didn't fully understand, but I assume he was referring to all the late quarter deliveries in California.

Reactions: BitJam and und2000
I stopped by the Salt Lake center today because I was in the area. When I drove past on Sunday night it was completely full with cars for delivery. A lot of MY and a couple new MS Plaid and M3. Today a lot of those cars were gone but another truck had arrived and was just starting to unload. I asked the service center guy how many cars he thought they would receive before the end of the month? He said close to 100 was his best guess. Wow! He then looked up my order (ordered June 1st) and he said my spec (White on Black LR 7 seater with tow) is fairly popular and he didn't think I'd get it until September. My online date has been holding pretty steady this week at mid to late July, so September was a surprise. He did say that cars seem to come in waves to different parts of the country which I didn't fully understand, but I assume he was referring to all the late quarter deliveries in California.
you ordered june 1st? model y long range? and your edd date is??

Reactions: rmoffitt321