Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the white MY LR AWD on 4/30. Initially scheduled for delivery in early to mid June, then got pushed back to July 12-28. Then last week it got pushed back to Sept 15-30. To date I never had an SA reach out to me on the order. Once I saw the Sept. date I called Buena Park, and they looked at my profile and said it was a "system refresh" but according to their internal computer it should be here by the end of July.

I am hoping it comes no later than early August, but based on what I'm reading not holding my breath. Although I have seen a few people post about the EDD being useless because they got deliveries prior to whatever their EDD date stated. But somehow it seems Socal is getting the short end of the stick with the MY deliveries, which is crazy since there is a factory in California. I'm seeing lots of out of state people ordered in late May and June getting their deliveries recently.
Can't wait to get the MY but beyond frustrated with this delivery process.
I am with you!

Reactions: bet_america
That sucks! I was starting to think that what you did was the smartest move for the reason you provided. I have even seen others recommend doing that. I got my finance approval already and am nervous it will expire.
My SA actually told me that I am not supposed to do the credit application, leave it as cash, until I get a VIN. Love that they are all on the same page.

Everybody's harping about headlights, but it's only one thing. It seems to me we're in the big innovation zone and a month here or there might be the difference between headlights, HEPA filters, upgraded suspension, tax credits, who knows? I put my order in because I wanted it on the books before the quarterly conference call, but I'll be listening to see if there are any nuggets there. And if there's a reason to push it out a few months, I will.

It just feels to me like this is very, very dynamic period.

Like @digitalboi I woke up this morning to an automated text to schedule my delivery!!
They gave me options July 21 - 23. I chose Friday July 23. Brooklyn pickup!

Will be reapplying for financing this Friday as that is when my Tesla loan expires - otherwise I'm ready!
Picking up in Brooklyn as well! Just an FYI, I spoke with my SA he said they’ll re-apply for you automatically once the loan expires. I’m in the same boat, Tesla loan is going to expire in a couple of days and my EDD is next week.

This whole day it was showing 4-8 weeks for a MYLR on my phone and PC. Now it's back to October. My order that I placed on 7/12 still has October. It has not changed at all.

I got an automated text from Tesla after I placed my order: "When a vehicle with your configuration becomes available, we will contact you to schedule your delivery appointment." So it's not an actual order per se? With BMW custom orders, it's an actual order that you can track from the steps in the factory to the transport(RoRo/Train/car carriage), etc. BMW provides the estimate or actual start of production and completion. I still remember when I ordered my E92, we were tracking the ships that our cars would be on.

We obsessively check our order status when we pre order a new iPhone on release day, when we finally got an order in for a PS5, or any other gadgets/gizmos, sneakers...etc. I love it until the wait takes too long.

Reactions: Ormond and moe0059
This whole day it was showing 4-8 weeks for a MYLR on my phone and PC. Now it's back to October. My order that I placed on 7/12 still has October. It has not changed at all.

I got an automated text from Tesla after I placed my order: "When a vehicle with your configuration becomes available, we will contact you to schedule your delivery appointment." So it's not an actual order per se? With BMW custom orders, it's an actual order that you can track from the steps in the factory to the transport(RoRo/Train/car carriage), etc. BMW provides the estimate or actual start of production and completion. I still remember when I ordered my E92, we were tracking the ships that our cars would be on.

We obsessively check our order status when we pre order a new iPhone on release day, when we finally got an order in for a PS5, or any other gadgets/gizmos, sneakers...etc. I love it until the wait takes too long.
Correct, I would not compare a Tesla order to a custom BMW order. It's been a while since I bought a BMW but there's a lot more customization options available to make it "yours". Tesla has only so many options and from what I gather, they just produce them off the factory to match number of orders for a specific config.

I ordered the white MY LR AWD on 4/30. Initially scheduled for delivery in early to mid June, then got pushed back to July 12-28. Then last week it got pushed back to Sept 15-30. To date I never had an SA reach out to me on the order. Once I saw the Sept. date I called Buena Park, and they looked at my profile and said it was a "system refresh" but according to their internal computer it should be here by the end of July.

I am hoping it comes no later than early August, but based on what I'm reading not holding my breath. Although I have seen a few people post about the EDD being useless because they got deliveries prior to whatever their EDD date stated. But somehow it seems Socal is getting the short end of the stick with the MY deliveries, which is crazy since there is a factory in California. I'm seeing lots of out of state people ordered in late May and June getting their deliveries recently.
Can't wait to get the MY but beyond frustrated with this delivery process.
We have the same Edd right now of Sept 15-30, ordered may 8th, but when I talked with an SA close to end of May that said we had an internal date of August 18th. No SA since has told me the internal dates, but I'm wondering if with what you've said, and them texting if ours is coming sooner than I'm expecting. I'm hoping that we get a button soon because I still haven't had to accept Tesla vision yet. The delivery process is nuts. Hope your's comes soon.

Reactions: Joshnolan225
We have the same Edd right now of Sept 15-30, ordered may 8th, but when I talked with an SA close to end of May that said we had an internal date of August 18th. No SA since has told me the internal dates, but I'm wondering if with what you've said, and them texting if ours is coming sooner than I'm expecting.
Has anybody by chance had an opportunity to compare actual delivery with “internal dates” from a SA vice the EDD on the website?

Reactions: MTBevrider
Has anybody by chance had an opportunity to compare actual delivery with “internal dates” from a SA vice the EDD on the website?
My EDD is Aug 17 - Sep 6 and my SA told me I won't be in a car before Sept. She's also told me to ignore the dates this entire time while others a told me the dates are gospel - from same SC. If only Tesla had a strategy of what SA's should communicate for consistent messages to their customers.

Edit: refreshed page right after this post - EDD Aug 25 - Sep 14. Apparently blue isn't made very often. Those dates will be beyond the 2-12 week estimate when I ordered June 1st. Lovely.