Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My window stayed the same today as well.

Also, I left one job on Friday and start my next job next week. Foolishly, I didn't update my payment method from cash to finance before I left, so now I'm in this weird period of wanting my VIN/delivery scheduled, but I also need it to be after I start my new job on the 27th

In case it helps anyone...
Vin received yesterday so I called the Richmond, VA SC just now - with a list of, I'm sure annoying questions; yet he (Caleb) was patient and helpful. Delivery scheduled for 7/31...he assured me that it's solid and the VIN will not be taken away (a little paranoid after reading some of these posts). Insurance needs to be complete by 3 days before pickup. Down payment - "we'll take a personal check but prefer you do ACH xfer prior to pick up day" - so not doing a xfer prior to seeing the car but will have a cashiers check - a $30k personal check seems a bit much for them to accept.
I had ordered FSD with the car (not a smart thing to do) and wanted them to take it off so that wouldn't be part of the VA taxes and could get $ back by using CC# - they can do that but it's a configuration change so would have to pay $1500 more due to the pricing increases in the Y since I ordered...so I nixed that idea.
The EDD after I received the VIN was 7/26-8/1 - we were travelling on 7/30 so was hoping could get before then, he said earliest right now is the aforementioned 7/31 date but made a note to move delivery up if it came sooner than expected.

This morning my wife told me she thinks we should just buy a car off the lot, after this weekend of "sharing" her car, I think she realized how difficult it will be going forward. My dreams of owning a tesla are slipping away. She wants me to put a list of possible cars we can test drive over the week to buy immediately, that are available locally
My wife is getting a little fed up as well. Audi took my car back in the beginning of June so we have been down to one car for over a month and a half. The wait will be worth it. Trust me, when your wife sees the prices these dealerships are asking for, she will let you wait.