Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 5/21 hold released order (order placed 3/22) for a white model Y finally received a VIN yesterday and a new EDD of July 28 - August 03, pickup at Mt. Kisco. The VIN ends in 2334XX and I will be releasing/cancelling it shortly, so hopefully someone else here in the NY Metro area will be able to be assigned to it. I took delivery of a new inventory model Y a few weeks ago so this one isn't needed any longer.

Here's a log of the EDD history on the order. For what it's worth, when I released the hold on 5/21 the EDD was initially "1-10 weeks from order placed date". July 30 is exactly 10 weeks from 5/21 so they were precisely at the end of the 1-10 week timeframe for delivery. Coincidence?

5/30 (morning): EDD: 3-13 weeks (6/20 - 8/29)
6/1 (morning): EDD: blank
6/3 (morning): EDD: July 20 - August 09
6/5 (morning): EDD: July 21 - August 10
6/6 (morning): EDD: July 19 - August 08
6/8 (morning): EDD: July 22 - August 11
6/9 (morning): EDD: July 23 - August 12
6/10 (morning): EDD: July 21 - August 10
6/11 (morning): EDD: July 22 - August 11
6/12 (morning): EDD: July 26 - August 15
6/14 (morning): EDD: July 21 - August 10
6/15 (morning): EDD: September
6/16 (morning): EDD: July 17 - August 06
6/17 (morning): EDD: September
6/18 (morning): EDD: July 20 - August 09
6/25 (morning): EDD: July 17 - August 06
6/26 (morning): EDD: July 20 - August 09
7/1 (morning): EDD: July 26 - August 15
7/2 (morning): EDD: July 27 - August 16
7/8 (morning): EDD: September
7/9 (morning): EDD: July 29 - August 18
7/11 (morning): EDD: July 31 - August 20
7/12 (morning): EDD: August 05 - August 25
7/13 (morning): EDD: August 10 - August 30
7/14 (morning): EDD: July 30 - August 19
7/15 (morning): EDD: July 29 - August 10
7/16 (morning): EDD: July 31 - August 10
7/18: VIN assigned: EDD: July 28 - August 03

Last edited:
What model and options? That seems like a long time for your EDD with an order date before mine. Did you wait before completing your profile/financing?
MYLR AWD, midnight silver/black, 5 seater, 19" gemini, No FSD, No tow hitch. I did not complete the financing (selected cash for now as per the SA suggestion, will add the financing later, also was planning to upload my insurance closer to the pickup date).

My 5/21 hold released order (order placed 3/22) for a white model Y finally received a VIN yesterday and a new EDD of July 28 - August 03, pickup at Mt. Kisco. The VIN ends in 2334XX and I will be releasing/cancelling it shortly, so hopefully someone else here in the NY Metro area will be able to be assigned to it.

Here's a log of the EDD history on the order. For what it's worth, when I released the hold on 5/21 the EDD was initially "1-10 weeks from order placed date". July 30 is exactly 10 weeks from 5/21 so they were precisely at the end of the 1-10 week timeframe for delivery. Coincidence?

5/30 (morning): EDD: 3-13 weeks (6/20 - 8/29)
6/1 (morning): EDD: blank
6/3 (morning): EDD: July 20 - August 09
6/5 (morning): EDD: July 21 - August 10
6/6 (morning): EDD: July 19 - August 08
6/8 (morning): EDD: July 22 - August 11
6/9 (morning): EDD: July 23 - August 12
6/10 (morning): EDD: July 21 - August 10
6/11 (morning): EDD: July 22 - August 11
6/12 (morning): EDD: July 26 - August 15
6/14 (morning): EDD: July 21 - August 10
6/15 (morning): EDD: September
6/16 (morning): EDD: July 17 - August 06
6/17 (morning): EDD: September
6/18 (morning): EDD: July 20 - August 09
6/25 (morning): EDD: July 17 - August 06
6/26 (morning): EDD: July 20 - August 09
7/1 (morning): EDD: July 26 - August 15
7/2 (morning): EDD: July 27 - August 16
7/8 (morning): EDD: September
7/9 (morning): EDD: July 29 - August 18
7/11 (morning): EDD: July 31 - August 20
7/12 (morning): EDD: August 05 - August 25
7/13 (morning): EDD: August 10 - August 30
7/14 (morning): EDD: July 30 - August 19
7/15 (morning): EDD: July 29 - August 10
7/16 (morning): EDD: July 31 - August 10
7/18: VIN assigned: EDD: July 28 - August 03
Why cancel now? 😱

Reactions: suprax
Wow, only difference from us is Color, mine is MSM and thats really gonna delay me further!? I hope to get lucky and see that blue button/VIN soon. Account still showing late Sept. Guys in Milford service center say on their end looks like mid Aug but still, thats a ways away. Ugh
Don't think the color will by too much. If I were a gambler, would bet on you getting it between now and next week.

Have you reached out to anyone at the MT Kisco location?

Yet another 1 day shift...the pattern continues. The early date continues to stay 15 days away every single day. I think this is the definition of insanity - clicking the refresh button each morning on my Tesla account expecting a different result. 😁 Although Distill does it for me every 30 minutes throughout the day it really does only update once a day around 8:00 eastern in my case every day.

Today it changed to August 3rd on the early side, but for the first time in a couple weeks, the end date remained the same at August 20th which is interesting I suppose...the end date had been shifting out a day every day along with the early date up until today.

August 3rd would be 12 weeks 3 days from order date, August 20th would be 14 weeks 6 days from order date.

Reactions: PatrickTM
When is the last time someone actually took delivery on this forum? I know we had the lull after Q2 ended of getting VINs, and now I am seeing a bunch of people get VINs, but I don't recall seeing anyone take delivery since Q2 but I might be remembering wrong. Hard to keep track 18,000+ posts 😁 Looking forward to seeing how build quality is and confirming everyone has Bioweapon Defense Mode. I am surprised we haven't seen the new door panels on US MYs yet.

When is the last time someone actually took delivery on this forum? I know we had the lull after Q2 ended of getting VINs, and now I am seeing a bunch of people get VINs, but I don't recall seeing anyone take delivery since Q2 but I might be remembering wrong. Hard to keep track 18,000+ posts 😁 Looking forward to seeing how build quality is and confirming everyone has Bioweapon Defense Mode. I am surprised we haven't seen the new door panels on US MYs yet.
A friend had home-delivery this past Saturday, another friend scheduled for home-delivery tomorrow, and a third friend-of-a-friend also took delivery recently. I don’t get why ours is so delayed (October) when we ordered the same day as one of the three above. The friend-of-a-friend did suspect they received a rejected MY based on the VIN sequence compared to the other two deliveries.

Reactions: GoGators!
Yet another 1 day shift...the pattern continues. The early date continues to stay 15 days away every single day. I think this is the definition of insanity - clicking the refresh button each morning on my Tesla account expecting a different result. 😁 Although Distill does it for me every 30 minutes throughout the day it really does only update once a day around 8:00 eastern in my case every day.

Today it changed to August 3rd on the early side, but for the first time in a couple weeks, the end date remained the same at August 20th which is interesting I suppose...the end date had been shifting out a day every day along with the early date up until today.

August 3rd would be 12 weeks 3 days from order date, August 20th would be 14 weeks 6 days from order date.
Yep mine moved a day also. I keep thinking they'll send my a VIN any day now.....

Reactions: GoGators!
Same boat here too. Ordered 5/16 and has said October for the last 3 days.
Its crazy isn't it. 4/19 order here and just slipping into september for delivery. I know EDD doesn't mean anything but the experience of buying a Tesla is less than ideal. I know people say the awesomeness of the car will compensate for the wait, but i think we agree we all wait as long as realistic expectations and milestones are met. So far the experience is nothing short of a rollercoaster of unpredictability so forgive my rant!

Stages of unpredictability:

- Just because Tesla announces a vehicle - It doesnt mean that it will be actually produced or if it is, then the timeline is completely off.
- IF the car is offered, the trims/models are not consistent (CC MY SR and Plaid +)
- If the model and trim are available, you need to place a reservation, which in all fairness doesn't guarantee you a car since that option may be taken off the table (Plaid+)
- If you manage to get a reservation and the car is not taken off the table, you will get an EDD which is ever changing.
- If you get an EDD that is consistent, it is worthless until you get a VIN, which is a very unpredictable event.
- If you get a VIN, it is not a guarantee that you may get the car as VINs have been withdrawn in the past. Your VIN is worthless until you schedule delivery.
- If you schedule delivery, there is alot of uncertainty because a) window may not match your availability - The customer b) delivery dates were bogus and the car actually never left its initial point
- If your delivery does make it there are no guarantees that you will get the car, because a) DC may give you wrong information about the car location, b) if your car is located, it may not be "ready for delivery" for a multitude of reasons and finally c) your car may be undeliverable due to transport damage and you have to go back to a new EDD awaiting a new VIN etc.
- If your car completes all those checks, you may only take your car home if the car meets your standards because of build quality issues (which by all accounts are getting much better), but there are still reports of panel gaps, scratches, missing pieces etc. Rejecting the car at delivery puts you all the way back to the EDD/VIN lottery machine.

I think if Tesla's mission and transitioning the world to EVs and sustainable transport, they must tailor their experience to the average Joe. not a youtuber, someone who is not buying the car because it is cool to have but rather because it solves a real world need that they have. You know things like actually getting to work, taking roadtrips, taking kids to soccer, doctors appointments and so on.

Tesla re-invented the car and sustainable transportation,, but the customer experience shouldn't have been re-invented. Getting rid of a dealership experience is well and good, as long as your alternative still fills the gap that has been left.

It shouldn't be this difficult....Ok Rant Over - I guess as it stands my real world need just has to wait till september.