Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well darn. After yesterday's glimmer of hope - delivery window moved closer by a week - it's now shifted back to almost what it was before. Current estimated delivery is now May 20 - June 19.

Order info: ordered 4/7, MYLR, MSM/White Seats (no other upgrades).
I have the same config as you and ordered April 1 for delivery to New York. My estimated delivery was just pulled forward from May 11-31 to May 6-18. It had been as far out as May 22-Jun 6.

I live 46 minutes from the factory in Fremont. What Priority you talking about and how do I get one? lol
I think there was a priority of deliveries the first two weeks of April and last week in March. But since, those like me who ordered end of March on the East Coast are now getting some priority for plant production. Tesla is doing their best to give the entire country a similar delivery delay of 4-6 weeks for common build configs. If you added special options of lesser popularity like Red / B&W Performance with tow hitch your wait may be a bit on the long side.

Since my SA told me ordering FSD option will have longer wait time than ordering without and just adding it later for same price. The downside of this is people who are financing may need to build that cost into the finance.

No doubt, order timing and build is a strategy game with Tesla who is selling more cars than they can make right now. That's a good thing. Buy Tesla stock!

I think there was a priority of deliveries the first two weeks of April and last week in March. But since, those like me who ordered end of March on the East Coast are now getting some priority for plant production. Tesla is doing their best to give the entire country a similar delivery delay of 4-6 weeks for common build configs. If you added special options of lesser popularity like Red / B&W Performance with tow hitch your wait may be a bit on the long side.

Since my SA told me ordering FSD option will have longer wait time than ordering without and just adding it later for same price. The downside of this is people who are financing may need to build that cost into the finance.

No doubt, order timing and build is a strategy game with Tesla who is selling more cars than they can make right now. That's a good thing. Buy Tesla stock!
Ordering FSD adds time? makes no sense, this is a software switch, there is nothing different with the car physically.

Reactions: Anndybo
Woke up to another shift forward. Ordered 4/13 in LA; build in sig:
  • 4/13 AM: 1 to 10 weeks
  • 4/13 PM: May 15 - June 04
  • 4/14: May 11 - May 31
  • 4/16: May 12 - June 01
  • 4/17: May 13 - June 02
  • 4/18: May 07 - May 27
  • 4/19 AM: May 11 - May 31
  • 4/19 PM: May 12 - June 01
  • 4/20 PM: May 09 - May 29
  • 4/21 AM: May 11 - May 31

Reactions: swheat6345
Ordering FSD adds time? makes no sense, this is a software switch, there is nothing different with the car physically.
You would think so, but Tesla stages the cars for orders in their parking lot. While turning on the FSD doesn't take much time at the plant, it does set the shipping staging as cars are waiting for a carrier to destination. If an order for a build comes in for a config but one coming off the line is the same plus FSD then they don't remove it to fill that order. Instead, they hold it in staging for the next order coming in. At least, that's how Tesla SA explained it. Whether you agree with their production planning or not, it is what it is and they are not out swapping certain features as the orders come in.

edit- I should mention that you can add FSD after your initial order at any time. Just can't remove it without affecting your delivery schedule.

In the beginning of the month I saw many of my color combo but with induction wheels option. Why couldn't they just swap the wheels to what I ordered? It was the same explanation, even though there was an inventory car right here in my backyard they would only sell to me if I paid for those wheels. That inventory car did get taken a few days later.

Last edited:
Ordered 4/9: 2021 MY, LR AWD, Deep Blue Metallic, 19 inch wheels, Tow hitch, Black and White interior, 5 seats, FSD
For the first week, the estimated delivery jumped around from end of April to mid-June. It has been May 24 - June 13 for the past 3 days.

Model Y Long Range, blue, 19", black interior, FSD, no tow

3/1: Ordered and asked to be placed on hold till end of March
3/2: Got VIN assigned with projected delivery dates between 3/12-3/15 (if I remember right)
3/8 (approximately): VIN removed, estimate set to 2-5 weeks
3/26: Asked to be removed from hold, completed financing
3/26-4/18: Estimate fluctuated between 5/3-6/30
4/19-present: Estimate stable at 5/14-6/3

Mine is very similar. Ordered a white LR, white interior, inductions, with hitch back on 3/20. 2 or 3 people from Texas got VINs today so I’m hoping we are up soon! My current estimate is 5/2-5/14. Located in San Antonio.
No VIN here yet and in Dallas area.

Date slipped one day again:
5/3-5/13. I am always 12 days away; they move that first date one day every day, but the delivery window keeps getting shorter and more condensed. I guess they are expecting production very soon.

Reactions: MrsLabib
With each new day the window narrows still no vin.

April 07: 5/09 - 5/29
April 13: 5/21 - 6/10
April 14: 4/15 - 4/27
April 15: 4/17 - 5/07
April 16: 4/18 - 5/07
April 17: 5/07 - 5/27
April 18: 4/20 - 5/07
April 19: 4/21 - 5/07
April 20: 4/22 - 5.07
April 21: 4/23 - 5.07