Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm assuming once my VIN shows up they should be able to tell me when it was made right? Ordered 4/7 Blue MYLR, 20", tow hitch. Delivery range is currently at June 2nd - June 20th. I'm going to take whatever headlights my car has but still hoping maybe maybe they transition soon.

so today's the day we all magically get VINs, right? :D

I'm still 6-10 weeks from order, ordered 4/10 and had varying dates from May 1-June 10th up until last Wednesday. MYLR White/Black, 19",No Tow, No FSD.
I ordered 3 days after you and mine says 5 - 9 weeks (white/white/19"/Tow/no FSD). My original estimate was April 29 to May 30 or so... When my dates disappeared for the last time, my date was 6/29 - 6/30.. Delivery location: Tampa/Florida

Oh forgot to include my update with my post today. Still at 5-9 weeks. Been there for ~ 1 or 2 weeks (I honestly have forgotten how long its been). Hopeful to get something soon since I ordered 4/1 with nothing extra special (i.e. 7 seater or Performance) that puts me in a different category.

Is it true that they ship International, then east coast, then midwest, then finally west coast throughout the quarter?
I read somewhere that a previous interview with Musk on the M3 explained that beginning of quarter was Exports, then West Coast. Second half of the quarter was for Mid West and East coast. Couldn't find the source so who knows how accurate that is.
Still sitting at 5-9 weeks from order...
Mine was that way for about a week and a half. It went from 06/07-06/27 on Sunday to 06/12-06/30 on Monday and now back to 06/07-06/27...

Haven't bothered reaching out to SA's in Castleton either.

Reactions: hallwc87
I'm assuming once my VIN shows up they should be able to tell me when it was made right? Ordered 4/7 Blue MYLR, 20", tow hitch. Delivery range is currently at June 2nd - June 20th. I'm going to take whatever headlights my car has but still hoping maybe maybe they transition soon.
I have the same config (19" wheels) and same delivery date as of today. I'm curious if we will have the exact same order window until we get VINs (if that ever happens, ugh)

I read many stories of SA’s ignoring questions from customers, so I made a point to have no interaction with mine for as long as possible (to reduce the chances of me being flagged as “that” customer). I sent him a text yesterday stating that it had been about a month since I ordered and asked if he had any updates. He responded within the hour with what I posted earlier. I followed up by asking if Tesla will match Carmax’s offer for my trade-in (knowing it was a long shot) and now I’m being shunned. So that was fun while it lasted.
Tesla’s customer service is not their strong point. They are good at selling you the car by us thinking they are not pushy and great, but in reality they stink. Why does Tesla play this game? I really just want to know. Why is there no transparency?

Reactions: 63AMG and hallwc87
Tesla’s customer service is not their strong point. They are good at selling you the car by us thinking they are not pushy and great, but in reality they stink. Why does Tesla play this game? I really just want to know. Why is there no transparency?
Agreed. Just be transparent. I don't care if it's bad news, "hey you're car fell off the truck and now it's back at the end of the line. You'll get it in September".
"Great, thanks for the update!"
That's all I'm asking for. Just give it to me straight.

got a little discouraged after the recent push back to late June.

Right before that, Last weekend, We actually drove over to the Ford dealer while in town, they had a Mach E. which turned out to be a big bowl of MEH. NIce, good quality, but, no glass roof, less range, weird switchgear. looks like its just a Big focus or the new Edge. And for same money. The glass roof is a big draw for her. they ALSO had a white Model 3 inside. Dealer was closed. Looked it up on web. 2020 LR 12,000 miles, white with black interior. If it was white interior she may have been tempted.....But, damn. they want 49k! We are not THAT discouraged.

Lets hope the resale stays that way LOL

Agreed. Just be transparent. I don't care if it's bad news, "hey you're car fell off the truck and now it's back at the end of the line. You'll get it in September".
"Great, thanks for the update!"
That's all I'm asking for. Just give it to me straight.
Exactly. Like most people who buy tesla’s really want the car. As of now, there really ain’t much competition. I’d rather just know so I can plan my life around it. I hate their rule that you have 3 days to pick up the car or you lose it. Same thing with the long window. 1-10 weeks? Really? It just makes me think i’m not valued as a customer and when I’m spending so much on a car you like to feel valued.

Because they're taking the same approach at business as Apple. It's the same concept - instead of laptops/phones/computer, you're buying a car that is basically a tablet that drives.

I've been in the car industry for over 25 years and Tesla's approach isn't of a car dealership - its of a tech company.

Once competition starts taking their sales away - thats when Tesla will panic and change their approach. Right now they're selling out and don't care about the customer. If I wanted better service/support - I'd just go get a Mercedes and call it a day, but I'm just waiting for Mercedes to release an equivalent product that competes.

Because they're taking the same approach at business as Apple. It's the same concept - instead of laptops/phones/computer, you're buying a car that is basically a tablet that drives.

I've been in the car industry for over 25 years and Tesla's approach isn't of a car dealership - its of a tech company.

Once competition starts taking their sales away - thats when Tesla will panic and change their approach. Right now they're selling out and don't care about the customer. If I wanted better service/support - I'd just go get a Mercedes and call it a day, but I'm just waiting for Mercedes to release an equivalent product that competes.
It’s just the ethics that bother me. I’m spending over 60k on my car. Forget about the $100. I just feel that if you are asking me to write a check for that amount of money on delivery day, I shouldn’t be played around with. That’s all.

What did you order? Ill be taking delivery in Alpharetta but so far dont have dates on my account.
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 20’’ Induction Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
Order Placed on 4/21 with profile completed that day and did the pre-approval that day as well. So I have been sitting at the submit insurance screen. Delivery will be Roswell-Alpharetta location.