Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the first I have heard about new batteries in the MY. I know they are talking about it later this year coming out of Texas Factory.
Not the new cells, there was a rumor (with maybe some screenshots of european imports of the M3, maybe?) of a new battery pack supplier (of the current cell design) that had more density (maybe 82kwh?).

That's a lot of maybes, but this is at the edge of my brain somewhere.

Wow what a cluster. So, the car I found in inventory (which made me change my order color from Blue to MSM) ended up not being for sale, but was listed by accident. After we figured that out, I asked him to switch me back to blue. Not only did that reset my order date to today (effectively screwing me for Q2 delivery), but also increased my price by $1,000, since I ordered at the beginning of April. SA is talking to his manager, but trying to shortcut the delivery process by switching to a demo car has really bitten me badly.
Oh goodness. That's....horrifying, honestly. I won't get greedy on existing inventory which shows up then. Sorry this happened to you.

Reactions: mehfisto
Has anyone else gotten a random text from a 510 area code that says: “Prepare for delivery https://www.tesla.com/support/delivery-day”? Ordered in early April and got the text today. Dates have been moving around, like most here, and nothing changed today. No VIN or other update.

I spoke with a rep from Tesla and told me they are shipping MYLR with new headlights and all the other updates (center consoles, 82kWh battery, etc...). I asked him was that just for the Performance MY, and he said no, both LR and P are getting the upgrades. I told him I purchased a MYLR on 5/2 and my delivery is still set to 6-9 weeks, so end of June possibly, and he said I should be getting my MY with the upgrades... so I guess we'll see!
I got the same answer from Tesla today. That came from Tesla’s Canadian head office and not my SA. The delivery for my MY LR is also set to 3-9 weeks!

• Informative
Reactions: Emmadiane and GOVA
I ordered 3/15 and am also heading out of town on 6/25. I've currently got no dates, or weeks, estimated in my tesla.com account. I emailed my SA to ask if there was something I hadn't done a week ago, and he said "We are hoping to have some additional information in the coming weeks". So, I'm really hoping it shows up before 6/25, but I'm left with no info.
I ordered two days after you and I'm in the same situation with no dates or anything. You're not alone!

Reactions: alesgaroth
Tesla is playing with me: I got a text earlier this evening that directs to a "Prepare for delivery" link.... Estimated delivery is still June 5-25, according to my account webpage.
Maus, which showroom did you order from? I ordered my MY7 from the Tyco Road showroom in VA. I got a text from my new SA today because my original one went on mater it’s leave. My new SA told me that I do NOT have a VIN assigned yet. My current delivery window says June 8-28.

Another day another 5-9 weeks showing. Fingers crossed on the software issue.

Ordered April 1st - 2021 Model Y LR AWD Pearl White, Black interior, 5-seat, 19" wheels, Tow Hitch, no FSD.
I wonder if this software issue is affecting all the late March - early April people who have been stuck on 5 - 9 weeks. If it is actually a thing...

At least 5 - 9 weeks is sooner than late June.

Maus, which showroom did you order from? I ordered my MY7 from the Tyco Road showroom in VA. I got a text from my new SA today because my original one went on mater it’s leave. My new SA told me that I do NOT have a VIN assigned yet. My current delivery window says June 8-28.
Montgomery Mall is where I test drove the car, but the actual order was done online from my sofa. I emailed my SA to see if the text actually means anything - I want to make sure I have the funding available if the car shows up sooner than estimated.

Reactions: JETsDad