Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Being in the SF Bay Area, my dates were always on the page and never deviated much (Jun 10ish-30ish). Buuuuuut they're gone now! Not even a generic #-# weeks estimate.

Who else out there in the Bay Area just gonna assume they're gonna take delivery on Jun 30. ;D

Ordered 4/11. MYLR, msm with black int, 5-seat, no tow hitch, gemini.

Reactions: Emmadiane
FWIW, don’t forget Tesla knows how many total orders they have and almost never clear the backlog. They somehow manage to just beat the prior quarter’s deliveries and Q over Q. There’s a little bit of “smoothing” going on.

So, yes, they do deliver most cars in the last month of the quarter, but they do manage production based on demand so they don’t *sugar* the bed in any quarter.

Normally I would say having dates slip/move by a week or two shouldn't be a big deal as they are "estimates". But since I ordered on 4/9, my dates have swung by 6 weeks now. If Tesla is going to provide estimates, they should back it up or at least communicate with their customers as to what's going on. We don't need details like "x chip needs a firmware upgrade" or something. Just something like "Hey, there's an issue...it's not normal...but we're trying to figure it out and will let you know when we do."

Being in the SF Bay Area, my dates were always on the page and never deviated much (Jun 10ish-30ish). Buuuuuut they're gone now! Not even a generic #-# weeks estimate.

Who else out there in the Bay Area just gonna assume they're gonna take delivery on Jun 30. ;D

Same area, same order time, same exact spec, same exact date profile, just had the same thing happen haha. Was June 10-30ish for a long time, now the dates have disappeared. Weird! Also expecting a later date as a result of this.

My dates are also gone... which has never happened before. From what I noticed, the missing dates are happening to those in CA. Don't know if there is a reason or if it is just a coincidence. However, went to go get Breakfast this morning and noticed 5 MY with temp. license plates (meaning people are getting their vehicles).
I’m on east coast and I’ve had no dates for 3 weeks running.

Reactions: vpatel787

I'm in the Bay Area, ordered a few days before you. Never saw my dates go to the generic "x weeks to y weeks". Since the day after I ordered, I've always had an actual date range. And I refresh that sucker at least 5 times a day (have a permanent tab in mobile Safari). I was told "late May to early June" from the get go so anything before that would be gravy. But now with my dates being 6/17 - 6/30, I'm a little irked. I sold my old car on 5/1 (mainly because registration + smog was due on 5/2) but I may have held on to it longer if I knew it was going to be additional month.

Normally I would say having dates slip/move by a week or two shouldn't be a big deal as they are "estimates". But since I ordered on 4/9, my dates have swung by 6 weeks now. If Tesla is going to provide estimates, they should back it up or at least communicate with their customers as to what's going on. We don't need details like "x chip needs a firmware upgrade" or something. Just something like "Hey, there's an issue...it's not normal...but we're trying to figure it out and will let you know when we do."

This is a company that eliminated their whole PR department. Don't get your hopes up. :p

• Funny
Reactions: elguapo and 63AMG