Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not even something that they can do anything about.. If they can't get the part isn't really their fault I'd think..
Of course not. If they can't source a "part" then they can't source a "part"... not saying they can change anything about that. The only point I continue to make is that there's value, and positive brand equity, from something more than "I got you bro."

As much as this sucks, it’s one of the reasons I finally was comfortable making the switch to Tesla.
Someone posted earlier about the car you are coming from - I’m coming from a BMW X3. I’ve driven BMWs for years - of course because they’re a great car, but their service is always above-and-beyond. …but I have a long commute and not spending as much on gas, oil changes and other maintenance is really appealing.
I had never taken the plunge because I just wasn’t yet convinced that a Tesla could be my one-and-only car. In addition to the Supercharger network, and encountering so many happy customers (yes, once the cars arrive, all of this delivery angst seems to be quickly forgotten), it’s Tesla’s commitment to safety that really won me over. New technology can be buggy, just comes with the territory. But I have full faith that the car I get (once I get it) will be safe to drive… and fun, and a technological marvel. So, as much as I am horribly impatient, I appreciate that when I get it, it will be right.
I feel the same coming from a BMW 3 series and Honda van (the joy of having kids) before my last M3. Took a while to convince myself but it was the best decision made. Didn't care for the vegan leather seats and paint quality but Tesla 3 was a fun car with great performance and safety features. Love that the system upgrades often so there's always new features to look for. Drove it for 2 years and upgrading to MY for the extra headspace and 3rd row option (now that kids are older).

With one exception, Tesla's scheduling algo does not let my delivery get within less than 14 days of the current date (which is why my trendlines intercept the current date in 2022). So I expect tomorrow to get a bump back in projected delivery time.

EXCEL_oABVvVdxEQ.png

If one was willing to, it would be fun to waste $1,000 and buy 10 Model Ys, all same config, and see what the timing is. I promise you they wouldn’t arrive the same day. Or maybe change configs? There’s got to be an interesting experiment here…

Obviously, you wouldn’t accept delivery, hence, you’d be out $1,000, or $900 if you took the first one.

• Funny
Reactions: Soosh
Just curious why you’re not picking up in highland park. That’s the closest to us.
That would delay my delivery. My vehicle just got delivered to Bloomington overnight.
Once it passes inspection’s I’ll have pictures, a vin and a bill date and then we just wait for the firmware to be updated which is who knows when.

Last edited:
I’m St Paul. Ordered 4/3 MYLR(Blk,Blk,5,20s,no fsd). Dates disappeared 2 weeks ago and at generic 5-9weeks. SA pretty much gives canned response of, we will know more about delivery when VIN is assigned, and to check the account status page as that’s all he can see as well. Although he seemed to think Early-Mid June was probbale, but again, that is last month of Q2 when many are generally delivered
Maplewood SC? Who is your SA?

This was already posted up above.

Regardless, this makes me very nervous for Tesla. Both from a "when can I expect my car" perspective, but also from a "will they meet Q2 sales delivery numbers" perspective. They better hope to get this software/firmware issue fixed up and resolved soon or I see significant drops in TSLA soon.

Just got a text from Tesla saying I was 'soft matched' to a car and I should expect delivery within the first two weeks of June. Progress? Appeasement? Probably the latter. I'll take it for now!
I got a similar text from my SA last Friday when I asked about trade-in options. He said that I was "soft matched" to a car that just rolled off the factory and that we should have a VIN "any day now".
We ordered very close to each other so here's hoping!

I may run by the San Antonio SC to assess the situation and see if my MY is just hanging out :)

Reactions: FoxVega
This was already posted up above.

Regardless, this makes me very nervous for Tesla. Both from a "when can I expect my car" perspective, but also from a "will they meet Q2 sales delivery numbers" perspective. They better hope to get this software/firmware issue fixed up and resolved soon or I see significant drops in TSLA soon.
If it does drop, I’d buy it up. This is a temporary issue and they’ll get it figured out. Still a very solid investment in the long run.

Reactions: hamzah1024