Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Forgot to mention. None of the LR with new headlights
So I was curious about something so here is a little snippet of a convo I had with Tesla chat today... After telling me this, he cannot tell me why the new Model Y's arriving today still don't have the new headlights. He says to talk to your Service Advisor once you get your VIN so he can go over the features, which is basically Tesla speak for we don't have a stinking' clue, you get what you get lol

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 5.05.29 PM.png

Last edited:
So I was curious about something so here is a little snippet of a convo I had with Tesla chat today... After telling me this, he cannot tell me why the new Model Y's arriving today still don't have the new headlights. He says to talk to your Service Advisor once you get your VIN so he can go over the features, which is basically Tesla speak for we don't have a stinking' clue, you get what you get lol

View attachment 664739
"New headlights" right now only coming with the Performance model.

View attachment 664739

In full disclosure... I wouldn't give a S%#T if the car came with no headlights so long as I got my hands on it soon.

"New headlights" right now only coming with the Performance model.
Yup that's what I thought as well but according to him, LR and Performance should have the same headlights. So there is definitely a miscommunication between what is supposed to happen and what is actually happening.
In full disclosure... I wouldn't give a S%#T if the car came with no headlights so long as I got my hands on it soon.
Oh I agree, I don't really care either, it just bothers me and disappoints me the disconnect and transparency that is lacking within Tesla right now. I still want my car though, asap lol

Yup that's what I thought as well but according to him, LR and Performance should have the same headlights. So there is definitely a miscommunication between what is supposed to happen and what is actually happening.

Oh I agree, I don't really care either, it just bothers me and disappoints me the disconnect and transparency that is lacking within Tesla right now. I still want my car though, asap lol
Given their inability to explain why they can't deliver vehicles right now, the fact that there is confusion over headlights isn't surprising. LOL