Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after the subliminal text I got from my SA. “Just wanted to let you know that there was a wave of vehicles that came in but haven't been assigned to a person yet. Once we do a hardware update locally, you may get matched instantly and not have the notice that I was thinking. Just be ready that maybe you might get matched to a vehicle and the delivery center will need you to take delivery within 3 days. Just be on the ready just in case this happens. :) Let me know if you have any questions.”

and the pics of the SC in Cincinnati.. with 100+ Y on the lot..

I convinced my man to TAKE ME TO THE LOT IN ORLANDO!!!!

worst failed trip of my life. Nothing there and if there was none of them were mine.

back to feeling numb “5-9 weeks of ordered date” ordered 4/1

So after the subliminal text I got from my SA. “Just wanted to let you know that there was a wave of vehicles that came in but haven't been assigned to a person yet. Once we do a hardware update locally, you may get matched instantly and not have the notice that I was thinking. Just be ready that maybe you might get matched to a vehicle and the delivery center will need you to take delivery within 3 days. Just be on the ready just in case this happens. :) Let me know if you have any questions.”

worst failed trip of my life. Nothing there and if there was none of them were mine.

Keep in mind, when folks say they see 40, 60, or 100 MYs at their local SC, all if those put together are a tiny drop in the bucket compared to what will (hopefully) be delivered in the next 5 weeks. Remember Tesla said they want to deliver 200,000 cars in Q2.

Keep in mind, when folks say they see 40, 60, or 100 MYs at their local SC, all if those put together are a tiny drop in the bucket compared to what will (hopefully) be delivered in the next 5 weeks. Remember Tesla said they want to deliver 200,000 cars in Q2.
Well, yeah. They also probably didn't want to run into supply chain issues or homologation processes or whatever's causing these delays. They're not necessarily going to get their dream numbers.

Reactions: MrsLabib
Yes, including MIC MY. They have a whole factory in china pumping out MY and M3. They contribute to the 200,000 delivery volume.

Local hardware install? I though the prior excuse was a software update needed to be done... now it’s hardware as well? Or perhaps an uninformed SA?

Sorry for enticing you into a wild goose chase! On the plus side, if Tesla fails to deliver this quarter, we can all buy the resulting stock dip and profit off of the issue in the long run!!

Did you go to the SC in Eatonville?

Several in your spec in Tampa...

I was there when the truck arrived..
20210518_113421.jpg

Once we do a hardware update locally, you may get matched instantly

Local hardware install? I though the prior excuse was a software update needed to be done... now it’s hardware as well? Or perhaps an uninformed SA?

I am thinking the "hardware update locally" is still firmware....not sure where "install" was mentioned.

Reactions: elguapo and Diorama
I texted my Seattle SA this morning. Last week I was told that my car was set to be produced on 5/22 with a VIN assigned shortly after. I also asked about the firmware update. Here is what she said.

"I do not see a VIN yet but as of right now it looks like you should be assigned one in the next couple of days. I do not believe that your order was affected by the containment hold for firmware update"

This makes me wonder why some cars are affected by the firmware update when others might not be...
How come everyone else seems to have an SA that knows what's going on, while mine can't even find my name half the time?