Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m about 80 miles from Bloomington SC. I’m tempted to go take a look, though I doubt there’s much I’ll find over there. People in Central Illinois appears to be not much fans of Tesla, I very rarely see one around here. Now especially with Rivian being local I imagine there will be a big rivalry.

About 150 miles here lol you win! go for it! :cool:

Yeah I was hoping to get my eyeballs on a RIvian in the wild while were over there......

Reactions: dsandhu
Unlikely to meaningfully change price for 30 days unless your mileage has gone up 250+/- miles or over some magic number like 50,000 miles has been crossed. That said, they always like to say “that was then, this is now”, so I am sure it will go down a bit.
I just did this a day ago; no change in price for my car, thankfully. Barely drove it during that 30 days (maybe 100km) jus to keep things ticking.

Local hardware install? I though the prior excuse was a software update needed to be done... now it’s hardware as well? Or perhaps an uninformed SA?
Um, I honestly will give my SA huge credit. He updates me weekly, send articles and has held communication with me the whole process.
has given me an over night test drive etc.

Most people on this forum can’t even get ahold of their SA. Meanwhile I have my SA personal cell phone number and he is really trying to keep me hyped and updated.

let’s see when this week brings

Reactions: digitalboi
Um, I honestly will give my SA huge credit. He updates me weekly, send articles and has held communication with me the whole process.
has given me an over night test drive etc.

Most people on this forum can’t even get ahold of their SA. Meanwhile I have my SA personal cell phone number and he is really trying to keep me hyped and updated.

let’s see when this week brings
The SAs used to get stock awards back in 2012 and 2013. They were all amped back then. I don’t know how they get paid now, but know they get no commissions on car sales and their base salary is “meh”. So they’re in it for the love of the game. Kind of like asking for help at Target or Walmart. Some folks don’t give a *sugar* and some folks go out of their way to help.

I am at my 4th day of May 29 to June 18. My range when I ordered on April 11 was 6-10 weeks so I am now inside that range at 6 weeks and a day. Trying to just live my life and not stress about it too much. My biggest concern is that I am trying to plan a trip to visit my parents whom I haven't seen in almost two years, but I want to get the car before I buy plane tickets.

Made a stop at the Smithtown, NY dealership today. Barely any customers there and definitely no delivery pickups were made while I was there (and it’s a sunday)! Nonetheless, saw 50+ Model Ys on the lot. Didn’t examine all of them obvs but the few I did had April manufacturing dates on them. They still had most of their plastic on them from the factory and a bunch of dust lol. At this point there’s no denying that Tesla is doing some type of update, otherwise these babies would be on the road. The SAs I spoke to were super cool. They told me end of the quarter is gonna be crazy: 80+ hr workweeks with ~100 deliveries a day. They said they prob won’t even have time to do any test drives for new customers because of the rush.

I order on 5/13: MYLR, white on black, 20” wheels, no FSD or tow. My biggest worry is that if I don’t take delivery by 6/30 is that I lose out on the New York EV Rebate which is BS because Tesla still has it on their site.

The SAs actually didn’t confirm anything about update issues but it’s pretty obvious. Why would any of this be happening otherwise? Would there be 50 MYs in the lot for fun haha

Took a test drive too and it made me excited all over again. We’re all gonna be getting the best car in the world. I’ve driven exotics beforehand and there’s just something about Tesla that goes above and beyond. This thing is a toy. It’s great.

What do you guys think?
Another NY guy! Yep, I made the same trip past Smithtown like 2 weeks ago and the lot looked exactly the same. Hopefully progress soon!

Maybe the gas fillup did something, now I've got a delivery range of June 17-30 instead of 4-11 weeks! Fits in with what Tesla Tampa said when I ordered of end of June, just hope my 2 week vacation starting June 11th doesn't mess with it.

Question for trade in. I know they will ask for an updated odometer reading after 30 days, but will the trade in price also decrease also since its been so long?
According to my SA, I initially accepted Tesla’s trade-in offer and he stated they allow up to 1000 miles a month without affecting the trade-in. Since I work from home now, that wasn’t going to be an issue for me anyways.

But shop around. Tesla’s trade-in was initially the highest (above Carmax, Carvana, Vroom, and Shift), but AutoNation beat Tesla’s offer by another $1000. I didn’t try KBB instant cash.

Even if you “accepted” Tesla’s offer, as I did, that just locks in their offer to you. You can still sell it or trade-in elsewhere, then contact your SA so they can update your profile.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emmadiane
Thank you all for your help with my DCU credit union question. I finished my application by joining a school fund for $10, and was pre-approved for a $35,000 loan - which is not enough. I want to borrow about $52,000 - do they loan higher amounts? My score is about 815, unblemished credit history, etc.

For those who can’t wait

Attachments

• 21B364B9-EBF9-44CA-A283-FA2E40F7034C.png
    21B364B9-EBF9-44CA-A283-FA2E40F7034C.png
    563.4 KB · Views: 63
According to my SA, I initially accepted Tesla’s trade-in offer and he stated they allow up to 1000 miles a month without affecting the trade-in. Since I work from home now, that wasn’t going to be an issue for me anyways.

But shop around. Tesla’s trade-in was initially the highest (above Carmax, Carvana, Vroom, and Shift), but AutoNation beat Tesla’s offer by another $1000. I didn’t try KBB instant cash.

Even if you “accepted” Tesla’s offer, as I did, that just locks in their offer to you. You can still sell it or trade-in elsewhere, then contact your SA so they can update your profile.
My trade in value with Tesla was horribly low. They gave me $6,000 less than Carvana and CarMax. I ended up selling it to the dealership I work for for $10,000 more than what Tesla offered.