Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

This could be the reason for the holdup and firmware update
I think that is a really good point.

lol ahhhh got you but also don't forget Auto Lane Change, summon(not smart summon), Auto Park, and traffic and stop sign control.
There's an "Enhanced Summon" apparently? Was this available on the previous offerings of Enhanced Autopilot?
{D7AE1331-94F4-4968-BBFF-033E6BDBDFBA}.png.jpg

So I can’t add links but Tesla just put out a support article titled “Transitioning to Tesla Vision” and confirmed all deliveries from May 2021 onward will not have radar. Also included is this bit:

Well, as someone who is paying $10k for FSD, this doesn’t sound good to me. My main reason to get a Tesla is the semi-autonomous features and this looks like they’re actually cutting down on those features, instead of improving. I know it says that they will bring these back in updates but we all know that Tesla’s track record isnt all that great on bringing autonomy updates. My current vehicle, 2019 Volvo XC90, has many basic autonomous features. I might as well stay with that. At least it’s a freaking solidly built car with zero imperfections. :(

Well, as someone who is paying $10k for FSD, this doesn’t sound good to me. My main reason to get a Tesla is the semi-autonomous features and this looks like they’re actually cutting down on those features, instead of improving. I know it says that they will bring these back in updates but we all know that Tesla’s track record isnt all that great on bringing autonomy updates. My current vehicle, 2019 Volvo XC90, has many basic autonomous features. I might as well stay with that. At least it’s a freaking solidly built car with zero imperfections. :(
Can confirm the Volvo quality. I have the same car and love it.

Reactions: dsandhu
One note of interest given this update today, I have finally broken through the 2 week barrier on the front end of my delivery estimate for the first time I believe. Dates are currently 6/6-6/25. I expected them to slip the past two days, but they have held firm. I’m sure I just jinxed myself...

My uneducated guess is this is probably correct. And I would also guess it's not necessarily that they can't get the software to work; they probably want to have a large enough dataset to ensure it functions as intended before fully unleashing it. Part of the FAQ of that release explains why this isn't being applied to the X/S

Why aren’t Model S and Model X transitioning now?
Model 3 and Model Y are our higher volume vehicles. Transitioning them to Tesla Vision first allows us to analyze a large volume of real-world data in a short amount of time, which ultimately speeds up the roll-out of features based on Tesla Vision.
so we’re paying for the privilege of beta testing. :/

I don't think they've indicated at all that they're removing any of the ultrasonic sensors used for short-range obstacle detection. Radar on my current car is very spotty in downpours and when snow/ice gets caked on the front of the car. So I'm also curious if this is worse, similar, or better in those conditions.
The article says no radar. "Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built for the North American market will no longer be equipped with radar."

Reactions: Sudsington
They're also changing the AEB terminology (probably due to removal of radar): "Enhanced Autopilot includes additional driver assistance features. Every driver is responsible for remaining alert and active when using Autopilot, and must be prepared to take action at any time.","afterDeliveryPrice":"$4,000","autoAcceleration":"Auto acceleration","autoBrake":"Auto brake","autoLaneChange":"Auto Lane Change","autoPark":"Autopark","autoPilot"

So the big question for me here...if you don't pay for EAP or FSD...do the cars not auto accelerate or auto brake while in autopilot? Will autopilot no-longer slow to a stop as the cars in front of me do and then accelerate with them when traffic moves again?