Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to everyone who posted the Tesla Vision link. When was it posted? That seems very relevant to the current circumstances. As someone who ordered before May, I guess I will be one to be notified of the change though my Tesla Account. That hasn't occurred yet. And I need to think about how it feels to be among the "higher volume vehicles" to essentially beta test this new functionality!
Yep. I’ve been pretty positive throughout the process but I’m not so sure anymore. I never considered canceling my order until now.

So the big question for me here...if you don't pay for EAP or FSD...do the cars not auto accelerate or auto brake while in autopilot? Will autopilot no-longer slow to a stop as the cars in front of me do and then accelerate with them when traffic moves again?
Autopilot is still standard on all Tesla vehicles so I am sure that still functions as normal, you would think.

So the big question for me here...if you don't pay for EAP or FSD...do the cars not auto accelerate or auto brake while in autopilot? Will autopilot no-longer slow to a stop as the cars in front of me do and then accelerate with them when traffic moves again?
I'm pretty sure they're just identifying those features (vision-based, instead of radar) as "Auto-accelerate" and "Auto-brake". Enhanced autopilot will include the basic features in Autopilot, and more, same as when Enhanced Autopilot was offered previously.

Reactions: ropogigio724
Cincinnati SA said today, "We anticipate many cars to arrive in the next few weeks, so it could arrive before mid-June." Not particularly informative, but I figured I'd share for anyone in that area, especially as it is the first time I got anything other that, "you'll know when we know." I ordered April 10.

Reactions: dsandhu and Shammah
so we’re paying for the privilege of beta testing. :/
But technically, you were doing that already. FSD is currently in beta. My guess is that this is the next step in getting FSD to full release (removing radar) and it was inevitable. You could just remove FSD for now and add it back when they update the software. It will probably be more expensive, because they seem to be confident that removing radar will improve their FSD software and therefore make FSD closer to final release.

Reactions: JerseyShoreMY
Sorry... so are people pulling all of this from the source code of the site? I'm not seeing any of this language anywhere and the $10K upgrade is still available on the website.

Cincinnati SA said today, "We anticipate many cars to arrive in the next few weeks, so it could arrive before mid-June." Not particularly informative, but I figured I'd share for anyone in that area, especially as it is the first time I got anything other that, "you'll know when we know." I ordered April 10.
I drove by the Cincinnati store this past weekend. They have over 100 Model Ys on the lot already and I estimate the lot was already 80%+ full. While there may be more on the way, based on order date, your vehicle may already be on the lot. I think the SAs are just giving a canned responses regardless of whether your car is sitting in Cincinnati or yet to be built and shipped.

Reactions: Peelz and Shammah
I drove by the Cincinnati store this past weekend. They have over 100 Model Ys on the lot already and I estimate the lot was already 80%+ full. While there may be more on the way, based on order date, your vehicle may already be on the lot. I think the SAs are just giving a canned responses regardless of whether your car is sitting in Cincinnati or yet to be built and shipped.
I agree. I’m picking up in Cincy and I’ve been convinced for a week or so that my car is just sitting there waiting on me.

I agree. I’m picking up in Cincy and I’ve been convinced for a week or so that my car is just sitting there waiting on me.
Based on your order date, I’d bet your car is sitting on the lot. I ordered 4/24 and I believe mine is as well. My SA told me yesterday, expect early to mid June. Given the volume of cars there, I feel pretty confident.

But technically, you were doing that already. FSD is currently in beta. My guess is that this is the next step in getting FSD to full release (removing radar) and it was inevitable. You could just remove FSD for now and add it back when they update the software. It will probably be more expensive, because they seem to be confident that removing radar will improve their FSD software and therefore make FSD closer to final release.

I get that I was already a beta tester, but that level of beta autonomy was worth $10k to me. But if they’re going to reduce functionality I put down the extra $ for, then it changes things. My main reason to get a Tesla was the level of autonomy it offered.

I know many buy them for the environmental reasons, not me. I’m actually in fossil fuels business…lol. [edit: please don’t kill me. ] :)