Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't realize they'd be open on Memorial Day. Is it Monday because all other appointments were taken or because that works best for your schedule?
We are going out of town, why wouldn’t we get the VIN the day we are flying?!?! SA contacted ,e this morning, and was super helpful. I told him Tuesday because they surely couldn’t be open on Memorial Day. He assured me that they’d be open, so I set it for as early as possible. Understatement of the year follows : we are super stoked!

Reactions: dsandhu
For those that went with DCU, how long is the approval for? and has anyone gotten them to send you a blank check without knowing VIN?

"A DCU Auto Loan Check is a check made out to you that's good for up to your approved loan amount. You can use it to purchase a car at any licensed dealer. Since you already have financing arranged before you shop, you can focus on negotiating the lowest price you can for the car you want like you are paying with cash in hand."
My pre-approval lasted 45 days. They told me they need the Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (which has the VIN) to finalize the loan and send the check, but that it will be overnighted as soon as they get the document.

For those that went with DCU, how long is the approval for? and has anyone gotten them to send you a blank check without knowing VIN?

"A DCU Auto Loan Check is a check made out to you that's good for up to your approved loan amount. You can use it to purchase a car at any licensed dealer. Since you already have financing arranged before you shop, you can focus on negotiating the lowest price you can for the car you want like you are paying with cash in hand."

30 days, but Tesla matches for 60 days. No need to worry about DCU after you're approved. Just email the offer to [email protected] with your RN number..

I called mine today and was told my vehicle was shipped from Fremont Saturday 5/22 and headed to Chicago right now. I don’t have a VIN yet. They did mention I was “soft matched”. WTF does that mean? If they know the car was built, and shipped, you can’t tell me the VIN????
What they probably mean is that a car in your configuration (or multiple) have been produced and are shipping to your area now. But they won't match one to your account until they've been cleared after the software update.

Tesla Doubles Capacity.jpg

WOW! And I thought we had some here in Springfield. Here they are rolling out new MY's today.

Service center busy with many new MY's and we spoke with one pick up, she said she ordered first week of April. She was in this red Y.

I am hearing my vin will be in a few days... I am ready!
I just got back from Springfield. Nice to see deliveries happening. I’m hoping for the same to get the VIN any day.

Good to see some VINs coming through on the east coast - I think I saw someone from RI post they received a vin, still no love for MA I don't think? I ordered 4/22, no VIN/no dates.
If you ordered from Peabody, I was down there yesterday and there were a couple dozen MYLRs in the lot - the vast majority were MSMs or White with production dates from 3/30 thru 5/8. Bummer that my car has to come in via Paramus (ordered 4/14). Good luck to you!