Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me. But our order date was changed to May 11th due to changes in exterior color. Original order was 5/8.
I had discussed about this with one of my SA long time back when I had upgraded my wheels. I was told that any change to the order prior to actual vin assignment does not impact the initial order date or the delivery date. Based on this confirmation I had upgraded the wheels on 04/30.

Reactions: Soosh
SERIOUS QUESTION to all who have partaken of this thread:

WTF are you gonna do with your free time once its no longer filled with delivery anxiety?!!!!

:p
LOL

In contrast, I was a hanging with a friend who had ordered a new BMW motorcycle. He could tell you exactly what day it was to be produced, once production was scheduled, he received the VIN, and could make changes anytime up until that day. After production, was then given the name of the ship it was on by the dealer, and could track it via public GPS.

I sort of envisioned this type of deal with consistent updates for the Tesla. Maybe expected too much? Anyways, i'm honestly soured by this part of the experience.

Still excited to get the car, 100% ready to go EV....lets not mince words, but the original shine of the demo and purchase experience has been dulled somewhat by this. I think It could easily be better.

And. Im sure Ill forget ALL about it once our "butts hit the seats" (assuming that happens within two weeks, to stay within my original timeline)
Pizza Hut does a better job with order tracking.

For those still without VINs - take this all for what you will, but the SA genuinely cared and took 10 minutes going back and forth between systems and people.

I just stopped by my pickup location (Springfield, NJ - we live only 15 min away) and spoke to a very nice SA there. All told, the dealers are having a lot of communication disruption with transport from Fremont. There is a massive ton of cars moving at once, but the delivery team knows they have all colors / configs coming in large numbers the next two weeks. When they do get them they are being spaced a bit; they are trying to give at least 5 days notice from VIN to pickup, and a lot of VINs are getting assigned at the service center. Folks who got VINs right away were cars already at service centers.

At least for me, no VIN yet. But, he did go back to check with the delivery team, and he said based on the numbers they have coming in it’s a matter of days to a week before assignment. Told me to ignore the estimate online and think a clearer timeline is before June 15 delivery based on everything coming in and happening.

Also saw 5 MYs out for delivery - two blue (white interior), one red (black) and one white (black). The “New Process” stickers were all removed and the cars had “congratulations” papers inside with paperwork, so didn’t want to take a photo for privacy reasons. The back lot only had cars in for service (mostly Ss and Xs). No idea where the new factory deliveries are kept, but Springfield is a pretty large service center so it’s probably somewhere hidden for all I know.

seems like today is not very active day, yesterday a lot of people reported that VIN was received, I think they've finished first batch and probably some time next week will be second

Most deliveries were scheduled through today through Saturday. Hopefully on Saturday they start assigning the next batch instead of a week from now.