Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I get my VIN assigned last night with a delivery range of today until May 30th. After calling the delivery center numerous times, was put on hold a few times, hung up on, etc, I finally get through the he says my vehicle is on hold b/c of a service ticket for a paint run that was generated on May 12th. He said i'll have to go through my SA, which works out of a mall, to find out whether its fixed or not. I then said isn't it there on your lot, he said yes, i then said can somebody there check please?. At that point he basically tells me he can't help anymore because he is too busy.

My first experience with Tesla customer service and I'm not very impressed.

EDIT: My SA just contacted me. He said they will release the vehicle and have me schedule a date/time later to get the paint issue resolved. A better example of customer service.
I just called them and Hanna answered the phone and I scheduled pickup at 3:30 PM today.. No issues.. Sorry about your experience..

Well, I am in a bit of a pickle... I got my vin (187xxx) and delivery date (5/27-5/30) today but my house closing was delayed from 5/24 to 6/8 (construction delays. New build contracts give the buyer basically no leverage). So I am just going to hope that Tesla works with me on the delivery/loan funding from my credit union. Worst case they unmatch me and I will probably still get a car by the end of June. At this point, I cant really control either the house or the Tesla part of the equation so I guess we will see what happens.

Mine goes up $300 / yr with State Farm, which is roughly 25%. My previous F-150 MSRP was more than the Tesla.
MSRP actually doesn't have nearly as much to do with rates as location, driver profile, and availability of parts. That's the biggest one, since parts for an F-150 are hella-cheap (since it's one of the most mass-produced vehicles on the planet), and Tesla sources only its own parts. Repair/replacement costs are much higher on a Tesla, which is why the insurance costs tend to be higher.

UPDATE 05-27-2021 10-00 am.png

🤒 🎺

MSRP actually doesn't have nearly as much to do with rates as location, driver profile, and availability of parts. That's the biggest one, since parts for an F-150 are hella-cheap (since it's one of the most mass-produced vehicles on the planet), and Tesla sources only its own parts. Repair/replacement costs are much higher on a Tesla, which is why the insurance costs tend to be higher.
Yeah take a look at the Symbol rating on your Tesla versus your F-150. I was shocked to see how expensive our Subaru was to insure, it was the highest symbol rating they had seen in that office.

I'm using a repurposed EnGenius ENH202 Outdoor Wireless Bridge configured as an AP, but it's kinda old, and only does N speeds. It's up and running now. I'll see if I can live with the speed; may need to upgrade. I have it mounted to the railing of my condo, and pointed at my parking space, lol.
It probably won't matter, unless you can't get a strong signal to the car. Wireless N is about as fast as most receivers are going to be anyway, since they're only usually 2x2 radios (which top out in the ~500Mbps range with no interference, but usually would be more like 250-300Mbps anyway).

Gather ‘round children; it’s story time.

The year was 197x, the place, the PS 30 Elementary School gymnasium. The second grade class sat on the floor in four parallel lines facing mean old Mrs. Reubengrub, better known to us as Mrs. Rub-N-Glue. She had at her feet a box, and in this box was a collection of homemade beanbags, crafted from leftover quilting materials. In her largesse, she gave away the beanbags to the students by randomly pointing. Her methods of choosing who got a prize are a mystery to me this day. She didn’t know our names, or check off a roster. She would hand out a few every day, until the box was empty. And everyone got one but me. I raised my hand and asked if I could have a beanbag. She narrowed her eyes and exclaimed, “Don’t be greedy, you already got one.” But I didn’t. I may have cried. But I did eventually get a beanbag. Thanks for the memories, Tesla!

Order 4/16, delivery window was may 18 to June 13th but disappeared for 4 weeks. Got my Vin yesterday, picked up the white on black 7 seater w/ tow hitch today in Illinois. Lovin it. Stay strong y'all.
Awesome, congrats! I ordered 4-21 with that EXACT config, enjoy!!

I'm told the Tesla app will start working when picking up the car. (getting mine Saturday)
Yes, it does! When I picked up my Model S, it was kind of freaky, the SA was like, here's your key and your app should be working.
Lo and behold, my MS was just there in the app; magic!