Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how long before your text did your VIN show in the code?
It wasn't in the code prior to my account page updating. I searched the source code maybe a few hours prior but nada. I happen to refresh one more time before I went to sleep and the "Confirm Tesla Vision" page came up. I confirmed and the VIN popped up with delivery dates of 5/27-5/30. I immediately emailed my insurance agent office to ask them to update my insurance and email me my cards. I received a text this morning confirming delivery on Sun from 4-6. I got insurance cards back this morning and uploaded along with making final payment. EDD dates remained the same but a few hours later I received a call from Tesla saying she saw my profile was complete and can move my delivery up to tomorrow. Once she did that, tomorrow at 4pm showed up for EDD. Couple hours later I received an email to sign the final agreement. Now all is done and just waiting for tomorrow at 4pm.

Yup, they're getting tired of folks checking. For the first time since I ordered on 4/14, it doesn't say "5 to 9 weeks from date of order". I have the more generic: "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Is that better or worse?

Y

You sound like a nightmare to deal with, honestly. The poor dude is telling you exactly what the company that pays him is telling him to tell customers, somebody that has zero control over any of this process, and you're berating him because you can't stand to wait a day or two for a car you haven't paid for yet.

Seriously, some of you guys need to relax and realize they can't do anything here but wait until the cars update themselves and are ready to be delivered. Go outside for a few days and chill before you get a car you'll probably have for 5-10 years. If a few days in that lifespan ruin the whole thing you might have other issues to work out.
Y

You sound like a nightmare to deal with, honestly. The poor dude is telling you exactly what the company that pays him is telling him to tell customers, somebody that has zero control over any of this process, and you're berating him because you can't stand to wait a day or two for a car you haven't paid for yet.

Seriously, some of you guys need to relax and realize they can't do anything here but wait until the cars update themselves and are ready to be delivered. Go outside for a few days and chill before you get a car you'll probably have for 5-10 years. If a few days in that lifespan ruin the whole thing you might have other issues to work out.
Speaking the truth. This guy acts like these SAs want to hoard all the cars to themselves…what is the SA suppose to tell you? “Yes sir, let me book a flight out to the plant and check up with the assembly line on your order to see where we’re at.”

I’m also sure those cars sitting on the lot belong to other people. They’re not just there to screw you over.

Here is some good news. If this new “Clean Energy for America” bill passes, you will be able to deduct $10,000 from your taxes if you bought your Model Y after May 24, 2021:
The elimination of the per-manufacturer-cap is effective for vehicles sold after May 24, 2021 (from p.30)

Here is some good news. If this new “Clean Energy for America” bill passes, you will be able to deduct $10,000 from your taxes if you bought your Model Y after May 24, 2021:
The elimination of the per-manufacturer-cap is effective for vehicles sold after May 24, 2021 (from p.30)
Curious if it's worth canceling an order placed May 16th and re-ordering. The timing is horrible if this does get passed.

Well, does order reservation = purchase date? I would assume the day you pick up is the day is the purchase date since that's when the paperwork and keys get transferred

Purchase date is the day of delivery
So how do I ensure that this bill gets passed? What position does Teslamotorsclub have to elect me to where I can have the most influence on it passing?

Curious if it's worth canceling an order placed May 16th and re-ordering. The timing is horrible if this does get passed.

Well, does order reservation = purchase date? I would assume the day you pick up is the day is the purchase date since that's when the paperwork and keys get transferred

That's a good question, and personally I'd assume that would be the case. I bet the title shows the pick-up date and not order date.
My MVPA says 5/28/2021 since delivery is tomorrow

First impressions after 50 miles.. No issues with regular driving. Autosteer is beta right now due to the new Tesla Vision.. It is good but still far from perfect.. Highway - no issues.. Local curvy roads.. lots of ghost braking and car didn't slow enough for sharper turns.. All issues that I'm sure that will be addressed in future OTA updates. Overall, very happy with the car.
Great to hear, picking mine up tomorrow!