Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same issue RE: pricing. I don’t really want 7 seats as my kids are almost too tall for 3rd row, but there’s one nearby. However, due to cost increases, etc, it’s like a $5,000 premium for something I won’t use. Only thought was maybe I can put the dog back there. However, the dog doesn’t need a seat or charging ports!
LOL same thought about the pup! I just figured I'll put him in the back hatch and use a trunk organizer to keep any luggage separated for him

Reactions: elguapo
In other news, no changes to my delivery window (17-30) and no magic blue button 🤪
Mine moved back a day, as it likes to do, to 6/16-6/30 instead of 6/15. It really likes to be 14 days away from the current day.

On inventory, if people aren’t buying local, be careful as Tesla will take FOREVER to arrange a transport to take your car from where it is to your local SC.

I released my hold late last night. Thinking having ordered in early April doesn’t put you to the top of the queue and I’ll need to wait a couple months. This morning I have an EDD: June 16 - June 27.

Is the extended estimate for delivery just a ploy to get more people off the fence and order now? Or does an early order placed on hold actually bump you to the front of the line?

I’m out of town June 23-29, so I anticipate needing to skip this delivery window. I thought I’d be waiting at least 9 weeks when I released the hold.

I can't agree with any of that. They are employees of Tesla, holding a Sales Associate position and we are the customers (paying a sh**ton I might add) and we are "owed" something, the truth, good or bad (and to be treated decently at least..). If they don't know, say it, don't lie about it (which I was 4 weeks in a row). How they're paid is not my concern, it's theirs and Tesla. I expect excellent customer and they (in my opinion) have lacked this completely (not all, some were great). As far as the end of quarter, I can partially agree with you, it worked out that way for me but I've been sitting here watching people that ordered way after me (many in May) take delivery over the last couple of weeks. Some of those I'm sure were either rejected or the customer pulled out at the last moment but not all. If I learned anything over the last couple of months, no one knows the Tesla process, not even the employees. I've said it before and I'll say it again, competition is coming and Tesla better tighten this sh** up or they will sink...
Nobody wants to hear "we don't know" from their dealership. Yes, we are customers, but we've all only paid $100 (not a *sugar*-ton) and should know that regardless of what the showroom staff says, the cars arrive at the end of the quarter. If you're on these boards, you know how the process works. My local showroom was very frank that regardless of when you order, the car will arrive at the end of the quarter. I ordered my car, which is IDENTICALLY specced to yours, on 4/8 and just received my VIN on 5/29 with delivery set for 6/6 (car on truck until 6/4).

If you've dealt with conventional dealerships, you know the Tesla dealership experience is lightyears better. No haggling, no "let me ask the manager," no hidden fees, no pressure AT ALL to buy the cars, and no-hassle test-drives. My local showroom just offered for me to come in before business hours to take a longer test drive and get familiar with the car ahead of delivery, despite all CT buyers having to take delivery in a completely different state. I'm sorry you had a negative experience with your showroom. My experience was just the opposite. You just need to be armed with the understanding that they have NO SAY in when you get your car. Even asking them is a bit silly when you know they don't have the answer. The dates on the website are crunched by some computer somewhere and have nothing to do with the showroom.

As far as the chronology of deliveries; you and I got ordered and will receive our cars within a couple of days of each other. Nothing to get upset about.

People have been saying "competition is coming" for a decade. I'll believe it when I see it.

Was hoping for a date to reappear this morning but nada.
Had 3-13 weeks all weekend, yesterday morning it changed to June 6-June 18 and by mid morning it was gone. I might head in to my store today so see if I can get any info.
Until you have a VIN assigned to your car, the store will not be able to give you any information. Once I had a VIN, I called my store and they could log into the car and see exactly where it is. You'll have a VIN shortly. Sit tight!

Reactions: acdavis123
I released my hold late last night. Thinking having ordered in early April doesn’t put you to the top of the queue and I’ll need to wait a couple months. This morning I have an EDD: June 16 - June 27.

Is the extended estimate for delivery just a ploy to get more people off the fence and order now? Or does an early order placed on hold actually bump you to the front of the line?

I’m out of town June 23-29, so I anticipate needing to skip this delivery window. I thought I’d be waiting at least 9 weeks when I released the hold.
Yes. The moving of dates on the main pages is marketing. Tesla may not have a marketing department, but they do market and they’re pretty sly. The dates are nowhere close to reality. They tend to move it around and see how folks respond. At least, that’s what it’s seemed like for the past 5-8 years. Tesla is trying to get as many people to order and deliver by 6/30. Which is also why your SA isn’t going to proactively look in inventory for you. You have a reservation they can fulfill by 6/30, so they’d rather someone else get the inventory car.

EDD just updated from June 15-30 to 9-13 weeks 🤯🤯. Had 5-8 weeks, no date, 3-13 weeks, specific June dates... Has been bouncing all over the place over the last 10 days.

Ordered MYLR - grey/black - 5 seater - stock wheels no tow hitch - FSD. Ordered date 5-4 to Springfield NJ.
yikes - mine is doing same thing. ord 5/16, Richmond, VA msm/black,5,20, tow no fsd. But...if we get the later delivery maybe an update makes it less likely to get rear-ended with the phantom braking i've been reading about happening on tesla vision. Also - maybe no rear seats cause logs say they're "hardly used"

yikes - mine is doing same thing. ord 5/16, Richmond, VA msm/black,5,20, tow no fsd. But...if we get the later delivery maybe an update makes it less likely to get rear-ended with the phantom braking i've been reading about happening on tesla vision. Also - maybe no rear seats cause logs say they're "hardly used"
Phantom braking is a real issue WITH radar. It doesn’t seem to have gotten worse with TV. The people saying it’s a problem appear mainly to be new Tesla owners who haven’t had an AP1, 2 or 3 car before. All of those have phantom braking issues. Better safe than sorry. The phantom braking doesn’t slam the brakes. It slows quickly. Which I prefer over slamming into a tractor trailer because the car’s AI was more aggressive.

Phantom braking is a real issue WITH radar. It doesn’t seem to have gotten worse with TV. The people saying it’s a problem appear mainly to be new Tesla owners who haven’t had an AP1, 2 or 3 car before. All of those have phantom braking issues. Better safe than sorry. The phantom braking doesn’t slam the brakes. It slows quickly. Which I prefer over slamming into a tractor trailer because the car’s AI was more aggressive.
thanks - know a lot of fud going on re tesla. not really worried just attempting to make myself (and others) feel better about the date changing anxiety.

Reactions: fo_Sean and elguapo
I don’t get the 7 seater. Most of the inventory is the 7 seater. Can someone please talk me into it so I just get a VIN and car?

One other issue with the 7 seater is you lose the second “hidden” storage space in the trunk. Ugh. I really am trying to talk myself into getting it…
We have 3 kids so it made sense for us but depending on the size of an adult, you can fit one or two back there. Most of the time we will be driving the car with the 3rd row folded but the option to hold more passengers was worth the added cost.

Mine moved back a day, as it likes to do, to 6/16-6/30 instead of 6/15. It really likes to be 14 days away from the current day.

On inventory, if people aren’t buying local, be careful as Tesla will take FOREVER to arrange a transport to take your car from where it is to your local SC.

The transport time was my worry. I live in south Alabama so my nearest SC is Atlanta (6 hour drive). Found my exact config last night in inventory in Fort Myers, Florida which is a 9 hour drive. Figured the extra 3 hours each way was worth saving $500 transport fee + possible weeks of waiting for it to transport.

Reactions: elguapo
I hate this waiting and not knowing. Ordered 5/8, no dates for over a week now. What the hell is going on. Am I getting a car this quarter? Like this is soooo much more stressful than any other car we've bought at this point. At least there I saw the car I wanted and got it now I have now clue when or even if I will have a car this quarter. This is really souring my opinion of Tesla. If you aren't a Car company but call yourself a tech company I would expect your tech to work and not be gaslighting your customers. Add on top the feature changes and I'm not a happy customer I'm disgruntled and about to just say screw it and cancel and pay off my ice and not worry about a car payment.

I don’t get the 7 seater. Most of the inventory is the 7 seater. Can someone please talk me into it so I just get a VIN and car?

One other issue with the 7 seater is you lose the second “hidden” storage space in the trunk. Ugh. I really am trying to talk myself into getting it…
We went with the 7 seater. You don’t really lose anything, but you gain extra seating in case you ever need it.

probably keep them folded down most of the time, but there will be times I’ll have the kids and their friends, a few extra of my own friends, and so on. I’ll never sit back there, so the comfort and ability to gracefully get in and out aren’t my problems.