Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To those that have taken delivery of their cars thus far, how long did it take from the time your VIN was assigned after accepting the Vision terms, to get the MVPA and get the text to schedule delivery?

I got assigned a VIN yesterday, but the MVPA hasn’t been sent and the text to schedule pickup hasn’t come through.

Current EDD is 6/4 - 6/9

Thanks for any insight!
I got my VIN on May 28 and my scheduled delivery is June 14. The car isn't even supposed to arrive at the SC until June 13.

I'm really thinking about switching to one of the demos. They're pretty much guaranteed to have the sensors and passenger lumbar support, right? The only drawbacks I see are the mileage, and the fact that I'll probably pay a bit more since the price has gone up since my order date. 🤔

I text my SA a couple of days ago. She replied today, a couple hours after I saw my EDD return (going from June 20-30 to July 1-21). You can see in the text that she said I have a "tentative date" for delivery of June 10th!! WTH?! So, I guess it could be one week, or it could be seven weeks. Who the heck knows at this point?! I'm DEFINITELY hoping for that June 10th date though. I'm ready to see that blue button!

SA text.jpeg

I'm really thinking about switching to one of the demos. They're pretty much guaranteed to have the sensors and passenger lumbar support, right? The only drawbacks I see are the mileage, and the fact that I'll probably pay a bit more since the price has gone up since my order date. 🤔
If you go to the MY Super-spreadsheet and check on vins around the mid to end of April, you will have a better chance of getting the radar and lumbar.

Someplace in this thread a few thousand posts back, I recall someone claimed that April 27th was the cut off.

Hope this helps.

Friends - amidst your excitement please be sure to double check your pickup location prior to heading out for pickup - my pickup location had been set since I ordered, and this afternoon it changed to a different location 40 miles in the opposite direction. Without warning. I just checked and noticed the change. I called them and it was confirmed. I’ll check one more time before I head out tomorrow for pickup - but it would have made for a pretty rough start to the pickup experience for sure!

To those that have taken delivery of their cars thus far, how long did it take from the time your VIN was assigned after accepting the Vision terms, to get the MVPA and get the text to schedule delivery?

I got assigned a VIN yesterday, but the MVPA hasn’t been sent and the text to schedule pickup hasn’t come through.

Current EDD is 6/4 - 6/9

Thanks for any insight!
Mine was a manual process. I didn't get any automated messages and I had to call and schedule because it turns out my SA was on vacation and apparently when an SA is on vacation their reservations aren't handled by someone else. But it took one day to get the car after the VIN because it was already at the store and the other staff were super helpful in getting me in to take delivery.