Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ordered MYLR MSM on 4/17 and no updates at all. no VIN and latest EDD was 6/14-6/30. why are people that ordered nearly a month after me getting delivery?

It's because you are on the west coast. CA OR WA BC orders get shipped AFTER others parts of US and Canada because they factor into account delivery time and try to do more deliveries by end of quarter.

I don't think it is fair but it is what it is :(

Are you saying you didn’t actually “buy” the car with the $100 order fee but called your SA and had them assign that VIN to your original order? If so, you were lucky it wasn’t bought before you reached your SA. What about transport charges?
Yah - I saw the demo unit matching my order, called the store, but my SA wasn't available, so the one who answered just assigned the VIN to my order. No transport charges - it was at another store 10 mins away from my house.

I’m confused. So you’re saying if your original order has 19” wheels but the demo car has 20”, you get it at the price it was with the 20” wheels when you originally placed the order? I don’t think that’s right.

That is what the SA I spoke on the phone with said - at this point, I am not even sure anymore. Tesla has a lot of things they need to work on.

I ordered a MY +tow hitch on 5/15. Initially it said 4-13 weeks, then this past week went blank with no time stated. Tonight is says Jul 22 - Aug 11 which would be about 10-12+ weeks from ordering. With all the activity on the forum where people are getting cars sooner I’m disappointed. Though perhaps the webpage will change again and delivery will be sooner.

I ordered a MY +tow hitch on 5/15. Initially it said 4-13 weeks, then this past week went blank with no time stated. Tonight is says Jul 22 - Aug 11 which would be about 10-12+ weeks from ordering. With all the activity on the forum where people are getting cars sooner I’m disappointed. Though perhaps the webpage will change again and delivery will be sooner.
When I ordered (4/12) the webpage said 2-10 weeks. My current EDD would by 15 weeks. I think it’s all a crapshoot at this point.

I’m confused. So you’re saying if your original order has 19” wheels but the demo car has 20”, you get it at the price it was with the 20” wheels when you originally placed the order? I don’t think that’s right.
No. You pay for upgrades and configuration differences (paint, wheels). But base price may be locked in at your original price if your SA can make that happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: elguapo and 63AMG
Let’s not forget that many of us ordered in March and April… and are still waiting for delivery. You’re doing alright.

Saw in Tesla inventory a “Demo Vehicle” with 7 miles on the odometer. How does that work?

Anyone else think it’s not a coincidence that Tesla updates EDDs to mid July/August the same day they then dump a bunch of inventory cars on the market that have a price increase of $1,000? Come on. NFW it’s a coincidence. They’re sly.
Later, SA reached out with a demo car but it was even more expensive than the previous new red one, AND the demo car had 3k miles. At that mileage I don’t think you can register or title it as new anymore and wouldn’t qualify for any tax rebates (if they were available).

I just had a thought….. what if all of these demos are being dumped because the new door panels are about to be released and they want all of the demo vehicles to match the new order spec’s?

This is very concerning for me because I have MY w/black/white interior on order and really don’t like the new white interior door panels. 😬

To those of you who got a demo, congrats. I'm gonna be patient, as hard as that is sometimes for this thing.

Yep! Happy for people who got what they wanted. But I couldn’t pay almost the full price for something that has been ridden like a…ok, fine, not cool to make those kinds of jokes anymore. ;)

I‘d be extremely tempted though if I was looking at August delivery. Kinda like what they say about people in prison; anything that moves starts looking great to stick your.….err, I’m going to stop myself. *ducks*

I was driving to the store to look at one of the demos to see if there was any damage - called the store to make sure its outside/onsite, but the SA at the store told me don't bother they close in 10 mins. 🥴 I said I just want to look at it - said it isn't at the stores, its off site. Told me he will send me pictures tomorrow. 😄 If this was a normal dealership - I'd be driving it right now instead of waiting.
I told them I'd take any exterior color that matches the rest of my configuration. My SA said she'd note it on my account, yet she never called or texted when something became available in inventory. I had found something and like you I wanted to know the condition. I called and asked if I could come take a look and I swear they told me the same thing! The excuse was that it was not on site and they were about to close. They asked if I wanted to be matched with it, I said not without looking at it first. The SA told me no, and that she can look at it for me. I was like what? I have eyes too. If I'm buying it with my money, I wanna see it through my own damn eyes. I don't know what's up with that group over there. Ridiculous! I was almost discouraged from buying from Tesla.

• Funny
Reactions: Soosh and 63AMG
I was scheduled for delivery tomorrow but they called me this morning to say they had an opening this afternoon if I wanted it and I was all hell yeah, so now I am a Tesla owner. I didn't have a lot of time because I had to go back to the office and it was 110 degrees out (you read that right) so lingering was not an option. I did check out the panels and they were perfect, but I haven't checked everything yet and it was dark when I got home so I will take my time early tomorrow while the temperature is still tolerable. I did notice a piece of what looked like crumpled masking tape behind a panel that needs investigating.

No issues with the Las Vegas SC. My SA was very responsive. Signing was easy, trade in was easy and they personally walked me through the car's features. I was told they have 200 cars on the lot.

Here is my timeline: I ordered on 4/11 when the range was 6-10 weeks. My EDD range changed almost daily but was never outside of 10 weeks except for the short 3-13 week glitch. I got my VIN on 5/29 and took delivery on 6/3. Order to delivery was 7 weeks and 4 days, well within the 6-10 weeks advertised.