Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While refreshing my account many times a day, I have been purchasing accessories fort my MY. I think the last purchase I will make is a micro SD card. But I really don’t understand/know what I should get. Does anyone have a suggestion by chance? I have hopes to take delivery next weekend!

I am buying an SSD (with a higher write speed of 1050) as SSDs are a bit more reliable. And @FatherTo1 is spot on.

Yes, microSD is smaller but also gets a lot hotter and that affects the lifespan. It sucks if you go review Sentry Mode videos only to realize your microSD failed and didn't record what you needed. I went through microSD, SD card, and even failed microSD card readers. What has worked so far for me has been the SSD. SSDs also have a microcontroller that helps with wear-leveling to increase the write endurance of the drive. In the end, it mattered more to have a solution I can rely on and SD/microSD cards did not cut it. All the best to you on what you decide for yourself.

Can’t you just get 20 inch wheels? Or is it effecting performance?
If you have any links to read about it I’ll appreciate!
Sure you could. They still need to be staggered for performance. But about $3-4k of the $10k you’re paying for the performance is for those rims and tires. Buying new rims and tires will set you back another $3-4k.

Whether they’re 19” or 20” or 21”, they’re still meant to be mounted staggered, so they can’t be rotated and, as such, along with their general composition, have a shorter life.

Can’t you just get 20 inch wheels? Or is it effecting performance?
If you have any links to read about it I’ll appreciate!
I closed all the tabs after about 2am last night. But there is a ton of info here on TMC. Here were a few I could locate quickly.

I started in the coil over threads, which then took me to the ride/ comfort threads, which then took me to the tire threads. I literally typed in a “Coil Over Model Y” and that kicked off the marathon. There are basically two main threads I found helpful:

And

I basically used the search function, but then also paged through the Model Y: Driving Dynamics section.

Hopefully those help

Sure you could. They still need to be staggered for performance. But about $3-4k of the $10k you’re paying for the performance is for those rims and tires. Buying new rims and tires will set you back another $3-4k.

Whether they’re 19” or 20” or 21”, they’re still meant to be mounted staggered, so they can’t be rotated and, as such, along with their general composition, have a shorter life.
Yup, what the wise @elguapo said

Reactions: elguapo
I ordered 4/11 and got my VIN 5/29 in the evening. I got the link to schedule the next morning and took the earliest appointment with was 6/4, but on 6/3 a woman named Desiree called and said she had several appointments open that afternoon. During the week I had to talk to my SA Ryan about the payment link not showing up and he mentioned on 5/31 that the car was in transit and would probably arrive on 6/1. So, VIN to arrival in Las Vegas was 3 days and delivery another 2 days. Maybe call and ask when the car is expected to arrive, then ask for Desiree by name to squeeze you in.
Hey, congrats Bluebell! Did not realize you Got it already! We're still waiting...

Reactions: Bluebell21
Okay, this was discussed 8 million pages ago, but I need recommendations for floor mats for 7 seater. I have the front driver and passenger mats from WeatherTech, but I have 2nd and trunk mats for 5 seater since that was my OG order.

Now I am getting a 7 seater and the second row, trunk, etc from weather tech won’t fit. Appears Tesmanian doesn’t sell just the second row for 7, etc.

Any help as I rebuild my accessory collection pre-delivery would be appreciated!

Looks like their 7 seater mats aren't available yet but do love them in my 5 seater.

• Helpful
Reactions: elguapo
My wild ride is finally over. Ordered MYP 4/10, took delivery today. Some take-aways:

- car was flawless, zero issues; battery had about 80% charge on it when I arrived
- even though I'd watched every Tesla video numerous times, I was still overwhelmed by the car at first, but figured it out without asking for assistance
- driving in Hold mode (full regen braking) is the cat's meow, took me about half an hour of driving to become proficient at it
- the ride and comfort of MYP is better than my giant full-size Toyota SUV, so don't worry about your fillings coming loose as others have said
- super quiet at ~75 mph highway speed, zero wind noise
- it is a head-turner, I was gawked at around a dozen times on the way home, that I noticed (not many Teslas in my part of Houston so far)
- the PWS is dreadful, I disabled it following the instructions easily findable online with a $10 parts kit and 1000% recommend doing so

So long and thanks for all the fish.

My wild ride is finally over. Ordered MYP 4/10, took delivery today. Some take-aways:

- car was flawless, zero issues; battery had about 80% charge on it when I arrived
- even though I'd watched every Tesla video numerous times, I was still overwhelmed by the car at first, but figured it out without asking for assistance
- driving in Hold mode (full regen braking) is the cat's meow, took me about half an hour of driving to become proficient at it
- the ride and comfort of MYP is better than my giant full-size Toyota SUV, so don't worry about your fillings coming loose as others have said
- super quiet at ~75 mph highway speed, zero wind noise
- it is a head-turner, I was gawked at around a dozen times on the way home, that I noticed (not many Teslas in my part of Houston so far)
- the PWS is dreadful, I disabled it following the instructions easily findable online with a $10 parts kit and 1000% recommend doing so

So long and thanks for all the fish.

What Toyota SUV do you have?

Hi Guys, I just picked the the MY yesterday 2 days ahead of my scheduled pickup date. Love the car, but unfortunately in getting caught up in the whole new car thing and first time with tesla, I forgot to get all the paperwork about the loan, trade in etc. Usually the dealers in the past I bought cars from gave you copies of everything. I see on my account I can no longer access that info. How do I get it again? does tesla mail everything to you at a later date, who do I contact if not? Thank you for al your help

Reactions: dsandhu
+1 for this approach. I did something similar for my wife’s M3. Takes the videos, puts them on our media server, and removes from the storage in the M3 when she’s in range of the WiFi.

I plan on doing something similar if Tesla delivers my MY one day.
LOL I do the same thing... I have no idea why I am keeping all these old drives and events.... but I do... Data hoarder I guess LOL

• Funny
Reactions: LTY4 and elguapo
Hi Guys, I just picked the the MY yesterday 2 days ahead of my scheduled pickup date. Love the car, but unfortunately in getting caught up in the whole new car thing and first time with tesla, I forgot to get all the paperwork about the loan, trade in etc. Usually the dealers in the past I bought cars from gave you copies of everything. I see on my account I can no longer access that info. How do I get it again? does tesla mail everything to you at a later date, who do I contact if not? Thank you for al your help
you should find most of it online in your account, click on your car and then you have a "glove box" with all the agreements you signed