Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VA Tysons Corner - Ordered 4/24 - White/Black 19" FSD No other options. EDD Jun14. VIN 203xxx

June 6 to Jun 14 - Now currently the subjectively longest days of my life.

Attachments

• Time-Dilation.jpg
    Time-Dilation.jpg
    666.8 KB · Views: 80
VA Tysons Corner - Ordered 4/24 - White/Black 19" FSD No other options. EDD Jun14. VIN 203xxx

June 6 to Jun 14 - Now currently the subjectively longest days of my life.
I still don't understand the delivery dates with VIN. Once you receive a VIN, do they give you a more accurate delivery date where you can choose what day you want to pick up or do you still have to wait until your SA reaches out with a pick up date timeline?

Reactions: Emmadiane
Even getting an inventory car can see your EDD shift. I ordered it on the 6/3 and got my VIN. They gave me an EDD of 6/4 - 6/6. Then the 4th came and it stayed the same. But no contact from the SC to finalize a timeslot and all backed work done such as insurance, payment info, etc.

When the 5th arrived, the finally moved the EDD from the 4th. It then became an EDD of 6/5 - 6/7. So I wake up today and it has moved yet again with an EDD of 6/7 - 6/9. Talk about moving the goalposts at the last minute. Who knows what it will be tomorrow.

Regardless, I am so glad I found something in inventory. Seeing my previous dates get pushed out so far when I changed from the MYP that would have been here in 2-4 weeks, to the MY LR EDD of July/August was really depressing. At the time it was a really tough decision when that close. In hindsight, changing models was the right decision for us. Hopefully when driving it for a few months I'll still feel the same way.

What was really shocking is how quick all the inventory cars went. They were gone in a matter of hours. Truly there were some I would not have wanted to buy without a massive discount.

Good luck to all those still waiting, hopefully your dates don't slip and they don't gut any more content from them. I am still concerned about how AP will work in the conditions I need it to.

I still don't understand the delivery dates with VIN. Once you receive a VIN, do they give you a more accurate delivery date where you can choose what day you want to pick up or do you still have to wait until your SA reaches out with a pick up date timeline?
In my case I got a vin assigned on a Friday morning and didn’t get an email, text or call from Tesla at all. Eventually was able to get hold of my DC on Sunday and schedule a delivery date with them.

In my case I got a vin assigned on a Friday morning and didn’t get an email, text or call from Tesla at all. Eventually was able to get hold of my DC on Sunday and schedule a delivery date with them.
I'm genuinely curious that if people had an EDD during vacation or work trip that if Tesla never contacted them if you'd lose out by default simply by not being aware you had the vehicle.

I'm genuinely curious that if people had an EDD during vacation or work trip that if Tesla never contacted them if you'd lose out by default simply by not being aware you had the vehicle.
I want to doubt that would happen, but this is the company that, when I call my closest SC, I wouldn’t be surprised if they answered the phone “Tesla, you’re welcome.”

To be honest, until you have contact with your center or advisor and they have set up up an appointment, you should look at the EDDs and what not as really bad estimates. Even then some folks have had EDDs changed, either on purpose or because reasons. It would be nice if they could just tell us, but they appear to value their own flexibility at moving stuff around rather than definitive dates of delivery. Yeah. It sucks. As a customer I'd rather know when. Plus we have to arranged things like financing, insurance, sometimes long road trips to a pickup location blah blah blah. They really put the burden on us for a lot of that.

Just got to roll with it. In your new tesla preferably, but if not, just roll until it happens.

Reactions: LTY4
To be honest, until you have contact with your center or advisor and they have set up up an appointment, you should look at the EDDs and what not as really bad estimates. Even then some folks have had EDDs changed, either on purpose or because reasons. It would be nice if they could just tell us, but they appear to value their own flexibility at moving stuff around rather than definitive dates of delivery. Yeah. It sucks. As a customer I'd rather know when. Plus we have to arranged things like financing, insurance, sometimes long road trips to a pickup location blah blah blah. They really put the burden on us for a lot of that.

Just got to roll with it. In your new tesla preferably, but if not, just roll until it happens.

This. I watched a YouTube video recently where someone was talking about what to expect from the buying process. When they got to customer service, they essentially said “don’t expect much.” And that really helped put it into perspective for me.

It’s not gonna be a uniformly great experience, but there’s nothing else like it on the road. So, I’ll be irritated a bit but it’ll probably be a distant memory once I actually have the car.

I got a vin and heard nothing from anyone for a week. I reach out to my SA and got generic reply number 3 that he could chose from to send back. Last night I finally got my please make your final payment and once I completed that there was already a pick up day and time set for me.

Cabin Overheat Protection automatically turns on the fan (without AC) and vents the hot air out so the interior is never hotter than 105 degrees (just a little warmer than body temperature). This makes it easier to pre-cool the car with AC before you get in, but even if you forget to pre-cool the car it won’t be scorching hot when you enter.
Actually you can set it to use A/C or not. Although there may be another parameter hidden there, as my car is currently registering 140 degrees interior in the app but the overheat protection isn't running even though I have it set to run with A/C. It's currently unplugged and at 63% SOC so seems strange.

Reactions: FatherTo1
Actually you can set it to use A/C or not. Although there may be another parameter hidden there, as my car is currently registering 140 degrees interior in the app but the overheat protection isn't running even though I have it set to run with A/C. It's currently unplugged and at 63% SOC so seems strange.
Evidently the cabin overheat protection lasts for 12 hours per others on the forum. There was a thread about it in other area here, can't remember exactly where though.

Ordered 5/7, got MYLR, silver, induction wheels, 5 seats, standard interior, and FSD. Got a VIN on 5/28 with a promising EDD. On Friday I got a text to schedule delivery so now I'm going to pick up the car this week. Do you guys suggest paying online prior to delivery or bringing a cashier's check?

Reactions: Collette
Ordered 5/7, got MYLR, silver, induction wheels, 5 seats, standard interior, and FSD. Got a VIN on 5/28 with a promising EDD. On Friday I got a text to schedule delivery so now I'm going to pick up the car this week. Do you guys suggest paying online prior to delivery or bringing a cashier's check?
I plan on paying online. One less thing to worry about. I think the odds of you finding something bad enough where you would reject delivery are extremely low.