Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 4-19. My dates jumped this weekend to july 17 - Aug 7. This was over a month jump from the day before. I called SC today and was told that looked pretty accurate. No inventory matched exactly but for $2k more I could get one from Alabama (shipping + adding tow) I passed. I just wish I could understand what was so special about my order that 13 weeks is looking accurate on the low end.

I would slightly disagree. His core mission is making the human race a multi planet species. Tesla solves a couple of problems for him there: better batteries, better solar power, better electric motors, and the visual AI to operate all kinds of vehicles and construction equipment and anything you don't want a human to do on mars. Obviously the SpaceX component is the transportation to Mars, but the Tesla Component is going to be all that above.

Starlink isn't names starlink by accident. Starlink will eventually try and bridge Earth's and Mar's internet and communications.

The Boring company.... In an airless planet, what kind of cities would you want to build? What kind of transportation? Underground is a really smart choice. You don't need to produce or carry a skyscrapers worth of material to build structures, you bring a drilling machine and dig down, and connect the underground cities via tunnels.

Tesla isn't done yet, but it's true that he doesn't give two craps about having the 100% best experience selling cars. Just filter your perceptions of what Elon is doing with the end goal of sustainable human life on Mars, and you can explain almost anything he's doing.
Elon might have missing component here, to make sure whatever multi-planet lifestyle still makes human or alien creatures feel well treated. Otherwise I could imagine human taking showers in Elon's automatic car wash some day, just because it is efficient.

• Funny
Reactions: Emmadiane
Ordered April 7th, hold placed by SA until July 22nd. I released the hold on June 1st when I saw it was now a 9-13 week wait. Instead had an EDD of June 16 - 27. I accepted Tesla Vision and was given a VIN (203xxx) and applied/approved for financing with Tesla (2.49% @ 72 months) and DCU (1.24% @ 65 months). Will request Tesla to rate match.

Also initiated trade-in with Tesla and Carvana. Carvana will net me $2,828 more than Tesla+sales tax savings. Waiting for trade-in pictures submitted to Tesla to report my official offer. I intend to ask to match the Carvana offer, fully aware they most likely won't, but worth a shot anyway. Carvana offer valid until July 7th and 1,000 miles. Will wait to sell car until I have the MY in my garage. Carvana is walking distance from my home and Tesla SC is a train ride away if needed, so transportation will not be an issue for any of the transactions.

This morning EDD is June 11 - 17. Called Tesla SC today and they said the MY is in its 2nd leg of journey to SC and should arrive early next week. Expect delivery for later next week.

Leaving for vacation by plane on June 23rd. I am hoping everything works out on time. Looking to do 2 summer road trips with MY from Philly. Grand Rapids, MI, and Greenville, SC. Also hope any new tax credits become retroactive to May 24th! Biden should be releasing more details by this Wednesday. I'd hate to delay delivery, but if something significant is announced with high degree of reliability to affect my savings, then I may have to delay. But won't delay until 2022, since I want the car for when I start going back to the office September 13, 2021.

That's my story!

Just a quick update here, even though it's probably not relevant to anybody else (but I want to keep this party rolling) -

I've gone ahead and paid the night that I got my VIN, and just uploaded my proof of insurance (as of early June) to the site, so all my steps are complete.
I spoke to my Sales/Delivery Advisor and he said that my vehicle was in Sacramento as of the 28th "being checked out" and is probably leaving to the SLC distribution center within a day or two, and then being picked up by a 3rd party carrier there to bring all the way up to Montana.

I have no estimated timeline showing (haven't had one since I got my VIN), but the advisor said it probably would be about a week for the truck to go from Sacramento to SLC, and then a few days at least for the carrier to go from SLC to Montana. That trip from Sac to SLC sounds oddly long, but I know nothing about how vehicles are transported, and if it's making multiple stops, etc... At this point I'm just happy that this whole process seems to have gone faster than I would've predicted. I'm sure it doesn't hurt that I'm considered a "far" delivery, as it sounds like those are prioritized.

Will update once I receive on how this carrier direct process goes 🤞 and I'll also confirm whether or not my passenger will be comfortable in the lumbar area.
Update

The truck from Sacramento to SLC with my vehicle has departed (advisor said he didn't show a departure date, which seems odd). Once it arrives in SLC, I'm supposed to receive a call to arrange a delivery day with the 3rd party carrier, and then it's probably another few days to Montana where I am.

I don't have an EDD, which kind of makes sense because the hand-off from Tesla to the 3rd party hasn't happened yet. All things considered, I'm completely OK with this wait, as my initial EDD would've placed me in July. I'm (optimistically?) expecting a Tesla in our garage in about a week and a half from now.

Out of curiosity - does anyone know, or have an idea of how long the truck from Sacramento, or even Fremont typically takes to get to SLC?

Unfortunately my SA only responded to my texts and calls until I confirmed my order. Hasn't responded post-order.
Have you tried calling the toll free number? I’ve had much more success with that than trying to deal with a local SA. I choose the option to get a call back after I’ve been on hold for two or three minutes. They’ve always called back within 20 minutes or so and have been very informative and helpful. By far the best customer service I’ve ever gotten from anyone at Tesla.

(888) 518-3752

Have you tried calling the toll free number? I’ve had much more success with that than trying to deal with a local SA. I choose the option to get a call back after I’ve been on hold for two or three minutes. They’ve always called back within 20 minutes or so and have been very informative and helpful. By far the best customer service I’ve ever gotten from anyone at Tesla.

(888) 518-3752
Thank you! I'll give this a try today :)

Reactions: casey1202
My EDD keeps slipping day by day. Last Tuesday I was June 17-30. Today its at June 21-30.

I asked my SA for an update yesterday. After several hours she got back to me with no additional insight.

I really wish I ordered from a store instead of just online. The customer service is terrible.
Right there with you , exact dates and this customer service is really terrible. If I can't get it by the 30th I'm either going to cancel it or put it on hold till I move to Florida at the end of the year :(

A week since receiving vin and completing all the steps left. Signed MVPA and I still don’t have a delivery date nor I know where the heck is my car.
Weather is disgusting today, so I can’t go in person to ask and calling is a waste because they never pickup.
I’m in the same boat, got my vin a week ago but haven’t heard a thing from anyone or got the ability to schedule delivery. Not sure what’s going on.

Reactions: knightriderY
Out of curiosity - do we know how long it takes from manufacture date to get a VIN? Any way to see that on a spreadsheet?

If my EDD June 21-30 dates are to hold- I wonder whether my car has been manufactured yet!
Have you gotten the "Accept Tesla Vision" page yet? I just saw it today and my dates were the same as yours. I haven't clicked it yet though - I'm curious about the Thursday Tesla event.