Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would slightly disagree. His core mission is making the human race a multi planet species. Tesla solves a couple of problems for him there: better batteries, better solar power, better electric motors, and the visual AI to operate all kinds of vehicles and construction equipment and anything you don't want a human to do on mars. Obviously the SpaceX component is the transportation to Mars, but the Tesla Component is going to be all that above.

Starlink isn't names starlink by accident. Starlink will eventually try and bridge Earth's and Mar's internet and communications.

The Boring company.... In an airless planet, what kind of cities would you want to build? What kind of transportation? Underground is a really smart choice. You don't need to produce or carry a skyscrapers worth of material to build structures, you bring a drilling machine and dig down, and connect the underground cities via tunnels.

Tesla isn't done yet, but it's true that he doesn't give two craps about having the 100% best experience selling cars. Just filter your perceptions of what Elon is doing with the end goal of sustainable human life on Mars, and you can explain almost anything he's doing.
Bridging the Earth - Mars "internet" will result in a horrendous ping (latency) lol.

Reactions: Cybwiz and LTY4
Ordered April 7th, hold placed by SA until July 22nd. I released the hold on June 1st when I saw it was now a 9-13 week wait. Instead had an EDD of June 16 - 27. I accepted Tesla Vision and was given a VIN (203xxx) and applied/approved for financing with Tesla (2.49% @ 72 months) and DCU (1.24% @ 65 months). Will request Tesla to rate match.

Also initiated trade-in with Tesla and Carvana. Carvana will net me $2,828 more than Tesla+sales tax savings. Waiting for trade-in pictures submitted to Tesla to report my official offer. I intend to ask to match the Carvana offer, fully aware they most likely won't, but worth a shot anyway. Carvana offer valid until July 7th and 1,000 miles. Will wait to sell car until I have the MY in my garage. Carvana is walking distance from my home and Tesla SC is a train ride away if needed, so transportation will not be an issue for any of the transactions.

This morning EDD is June 11 - 17. Called Tesla SC today and they said the MY is in its 2nd leg of journey to SC and should arrive early next week. Expect delivery for later next week.

Leaving for vacation by plane on June 23rd. I am hoping everything works out on time. Looking to do 2 summer road trips with MY from Philly. Grand Rapids, MI, and Greenville, SC. Also hope any new tax credits become retroactive to May 24th! Biden should be releasing more details by this Wednesday. I'd hate to delay delivery, but if something significant is announced with high degree of reliability to affect my savings, then I may have to delay. But won't delay until 2022, since I want the car for when I start going back to the office September 13, 2021.

That's my story!
UPDATE: The official Tesla trade-in offer increased after submitting pictures! Now Carvana is only $496 more than Tesla+sales tax savings.

Have you tried calling the toll free number? I’ve had much more success with that than trying to deal with a local SA. I choose the option to get a call back after I’ve been on hold for two or three minutes. They’ve always called back within 20 minutes or so and have been very informative and helpful. By far the best customer service I’ve ever gotten from anyone at Tesla.

(888) 518-3752
What options do you choose? I just got sent to voicemail. Never got an option to be called back.

Does anyone actually take comfort from having their delivery dates adjust a little because it at least shows signs of life? My dates have stuck with July 5-25 for a while now. Each day I refresh hoping to see something different but no change. I'm not asking for the date to be pushed back again, which I know is most likely to happen if I see any change, but still anxious to see movement.

Reactions: Abadole and BitJam
I heard/read the VINs are soft matched to your specs even before the cars are on the production line of the factory. There are many instances where the mapped VIN changes according to the logistics changes, quicker availability etc..
Interesting you say that. Looking at the source code, there is a line for “Vehicle Map ID” which was never there before and shows a number similar to the VIN format, but I don’t see a 5YJ vin.

However, I just got off the phone with an SA after calling for a status, and he was saying that unless you see a vin on your profile they are “unable” to tell you anything, and there is “no soft match”. He did say once you have a VIN though, they are able to provide you with status update with arrival dates and expected delivery etc (even if you don’t see them on the website).

but hey, this is Tesla! Could all be true or false, who knows.

• Funny
Reactions: BitJam and elguapo
Interesting you say that. Looking at the source code, there is a line for “Vehicle Map ID” which was never there before and shows a number similar to the VIN format, but I don’t see a 5YJ vin.

However, I just got off the phone with an SA after calling for a status, and he was saying that unless you see a vin on your profile they are “unable” to tell you anything, and there is “no soft match”. He did say once you have a VIN though, they are able to provide you with status update with arrival dates and expected delivery etc (even if you don’t see them on the website).

but hey, this is Tesla! Could all be true or false, who knows.
I'm not seeing the vehicle map ID on my page. Maybe that's a precursor to the VIN?

It’s just something I noticed, and 99% potentially irrelevant since SA didn’t give me any clue on a “soft match” and my dates keep slipping.

Agreed.

The only thing I notice about it in the JSON - it is a true integer (*) so it's a number somewhere in their systems.

In JSON strings are encased in quotes "" whilst numbers / integers are not. So it is an indication it's stored *somewhere* as real integer data type in their system(s)

JSON is a key / value type data description. so Key:Value
In this case "vehicleMapId":xxxxxxxxx

Nonetheless, I don't take anything in the source as really meaningful.

Reactions: BitJam
Even with a VIN match, it totally depends on your SA as to whether they want to take the time to tell you where the car is, when it may arrive, etc. Some just don’t will not do it and want to go back to playing the game of Bloons or whatever they were doing before you interrupted them…
1623090437279.gif