Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Word of advice to those that have delivery appointments already, call your service center like a day or 2 before your appointment and confirm that appointment. And by that I mean make sure the car is at least at the service center. I had a delivery appointment that was confirmed by the SC a few days before the actual appointment. They confirmed the appointment but forgot to check if that car was even there. I get a call from my SA literally the day before my actual appointment saying that they are changing my appointment to next week because the car was in NC by mistake. So yeahhh… make sure they check that the car is at least in town!!!
Did they finally give you a delivery appointment? I don’t have a SA he apparently quit.

I swear I read someplace that they don't take personal checks. Thats what im hoping to do... do you have a delivery date scheduled yet with the SC?
I know other people are saying they’ve paid with a personal check, so your mileage may vary, but here’s the exact verbiage from the Tesla payment FAQ;

Final payment is accepted via:
  • Electronic check (direct debit) in your Tesla Account
  • Wire transfer
  • Certified check at time of pick-up, with your Reservation Number (RN) and name in the memo line

I've finally managed to take delivery of my MY LR today -- after one of the most horrible experiences of my life, not only buying a car, but buying anything.

Sure, the wait time was awful, and the delays and EDD changes were no fun at all but, once I got the VIN, that's when things got really bad.

Received the VIN and it took a full 7 days to receive the text to schedule delivery. This came after I was lied to multiple times about the whereabouts of the vehicle. Multiple contradictory emails and chat conversations regarding the location of the vehicle.

Then, when I finally tried to schedule delivery, there were no delivery appointments available. At this time my patience had ran out, so I went to the local SC and manage to have them schedule a delivery appointment. I guess in-person interactions work best.

I was given an appointment for a few days later. However, the day before delivery, as I was expecting based on many stories detailed in this very forum, I got a call from the Operations Advisor. They needed more time. Just 24 hours more.

I was done with this mess and made it clear that I was not interested in waiting another day. I was going to be there at 10am today to pickup my car or my deposit. It was their choice. The issue at hand was that, allegedly, during inspection they found that the roof glass was cracked. It needed to be replaced.

Guy said he was going to see what he could do. Then called back an hour later to let me know that he now needed a Few more days. The glass was "not in stock" and it had to be ordered. However, the car was ready and I could take delivery and have it fixed later on.

I said I would come over to take a look at the car. And so I did.

Well, they couldn't find the car which was supposedly charging. Then they eventually found the car and... "good news! the glass came in and they're replacing it now".

So they asked if I wanted to come back later or hang around and wait. I chose to wait.

No more than 5 minutes later they come back with a new story. Well, the car is going to take time to be done. The glue has to cure so it will be ready tomorrow morning at 10:00am, as originally scheduled.

Me: Do you promise?

Them: Sure, we promise. It will be ready today but it will cure overnight and it will be ready for you first thing in the morning.

Me: Are you sure?

Them: Absolutely. See you tomorrow at 10:00am.

And so, to apace me, they gave me a demo (mind you, I drove there in my own vehicle).

I drove the demo yesterday and came to work this morning, waiting for 9:45am to head out to get delivery.

At around 9:00am the phone rings. It's Tesla -- a new person, because the Operations Advisor is not working today. This new guys doesn't know what's going on but all he knows is they need another 24 hours because the glass still needs to be replaced and it will take them a day before it can be ready for delivery.

Well, I'm sure you can imagine how that conversation went. But in the end, I told him I was going to be there at 10:00am to take delivery of the car, as originally scheduled, and as I had been promised the day before. He had to go figure out how to make that happen.

I went to the SC at 10:00am and, magically, the car's glass had been replaced (that is, if it was really broken to begin with -- I have my doubts because the day before they were not very keen to let me see the car.)

I inspected the car and the liner had a big water stain. And the car has a dent on the rear side.

Guy said they will try to clean the stain and, if not, they will replace it, but of course, they will need another 24 hours -- that is if the part was in stock which he wasn't sure if they did or not.

The dent, however, could not be fixed until I accepted delivery and schedule an appointment. They would not / could not fix it prior to it been delivered. Go figure.

He wanted at least a few more hours to look into the liner stain and to come back at 3:00pm.

I had work to do, so I came back to the office and, once 3:00pm came around, I went back and FINALLY took delivery of the vehicle.

I still have to schedule the service appointment and leave the car there so they can fix the dent.

What a wonderful experience. I got in the car and drove away, with no joy or excitement whatsoever. Only a sense of detachment from the car because they totally ruined the entire experience.

What a horrible company.

This is a rollercoaster indeed. I ordered a MYLR, Gray/black, 19', no FSD on 04/23 for delivery in Lynnwood WA. Since the beginning my SA told me mid-June for delivery. And on my Account I've been having always 06/10-06/30 changing the first date from 06/10 to max 06/14 (which is the one I have right now 06/14 - 06/30).

I've contacted my SA to know more about the status yesterday, because 06/14 is in 5 days and I need to take care of my current lease and also so far I don't have a VIN assigned. He told me the car is forecasted for early July. I really hope I can get the car at least on July as my current lease ends on August and I don't want to be without a car.

I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Reactions: BitJam and dsandhu
I've finally managed to take delivery of my MY LR today -- after one of the most horrible experiences of my life, not only buying a car, but buying anything.

Sure, the wait time was awful, and the delays and EDD changes were no fun at all but, once I got the VIN, that's when things got really bad.

Received the VIN and it took a full 7 days to receive the text to schedule delivery. This came after I was lied to multiple times about the whereabouts of the vehicle. Multiple contradictory emails and chat conversations regarding the location of the vehicle.

Then, when I finally tried to schedule delivery, there were no delivery appointments available. At this time my patience had ran out, so I went to the local SC and manage to have them schedule a delivery appointment. I guess in-person interactions work best.

I was given an appointment for a few days later. However, the day before delivery, as I was expecting based on many stories detailed in this very forum, I got a call from the Operations Advisor. They needed more time. Just 24 hours more.

I was done with this mess and made it clear that I was not interested in waiting another day. I was going to be there at 10am today to pickup my car or my deposit. It was their choice. The issue at hand was that, allegedly, during inspection they found that the roof glass was cracked. It needed to be replaced.

Guy said he was going to see what he could do. Then called back an hour later to let me know that he now needed a Few more days. The glass was "not in stock" and it had to be ordered. However, the car was ready and I could take delivery and have it fixed later on.

Well, they couldn't find the car which was supposedly charging. Then they eventually found the car and... "good news! the glass came in and they're replacing it now".

So they asked if I wanted to come back later or hang around and wait. I chose to wait.

No more than 5 minutes later they come back with a new story. Well, the car is going to take time to be done. The glue has to cure so it will be ready tomorrow morning at 10:00am, as originally scheduled.

Them: Sure, we promise. It will be ready today but it will cure overnight and it will be ready for you first thing in the morning.

And so, to apace me, they gave me a demo (mind you, I drove there in my own vehicle).

I drove the demo yesterday and came to work this morning, waiting for 9:45am to head out to get delivery.

At around 9:00am the phone rings. It's Tesla -- a new person, because the Operations Advisor is not working today. This new guys doesn't know what's going on but all he knows is they need another 24 hours because the glass still needs to be replaced and it will take them a day before it can be ready for delivery.

Well, I'm sure you can imagine how that conversation went. But in the end, I told him I was going to be there at 10:00am to take delivery of the car, as originally scheduled, and as I had been promised the day before. He had to go figure out how to make that happen.

I went to the SC at 10:00am and, magically, the car's glass had been replaced (that is, if it was really broken to begin with -- I have my doubts because the day before they were not very keen to let me see the car.)

I inspected the car and the liner had a big water stain. And the car has a dent on the rear side.

Guy said they will try to clean the stain and, if not, they will replace it, but of course, they will need another 24 hours -- that is if the part was in stock which he wasn't sure if they did or not.

The dent, however, could not be fixed until I accepted delivery and schedule an appointment. They would not / could not fix it prior to it been delivered. Go figure.

He wanted at least a few more hours to look into the liner stain and to come back at 3:00pm.

I had work to do, so I came back to the office and, once 3:00pm came around, I went back and FINALLY took delivery of the vehicle.

I still have to schedule the service appointment and leave the car there so they can fix the dent.

What a wonderful experience. I got in the car and drove away, with no joy or excitement whatsoever. Only a sense of detachment from the car because they totally ruined the entire experience.

What a horrible company.
That does sound horrible. I don’t know if I could accept delivery with a dent. It sucks knowing my brand new car needs bodywork. Sorry the experience sucked out all the fun and relief from finally getting the car.

Reactions: iratre

What a horrible company.
Wow, that is so disappointing. I’m so sorry you had that experience.

What a horrible company.
sorry to hear about your experience. Disappointing

Reactions: iratre
Took delivery (ordered 4/17) today in Superior, CO! Last-minute confusion between the Tesla people and the loan people almost delayed it, but it was cleared up in the nick of time. The blue color is better than I thought — almost electric on a cloudless Colorado day. No lumbar, VIN 199. The car is flawless except for a missing bracket on the passenger visor (need to schedule a service appointment).They already had a note on the car that it was missing a 'clip' but we didn't think to look there.

The Tesla folks said they are getting ~160 cars into the Superior location next week — the second half of June is gonna be crazy, folks! If you're waiting on a Q2 order, hang in there. The car is amazing.
heres to hoping one of them is mine

What a horrible company.
It's so sad. After all the years of research and development, after untold people have worked day and night, they have this miraculous car, and they screw up the interaction with the most important person - the owner. Perfect customer service in EVERY situation is difficult, impossible even. But treating the customer as a decent human being should not be this difficult.

What a horrible company.
Well this sucks! Sorry to hear you had a terrible experience. I should probably prepare myself for the worst as I too am scheduled to pick up my MY at the same location. I wasn't aware that there's a deposit. I only paid the $100 order fee.