Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've finally managed to take delivery of my MY LR today -- after one of the most horrible experiences of my life, not only buying a car, but buying anything.

Sure, the wait time was awful, and the delays and EDD changes were no fun at all but, once I got the VIN, that's when things got really bad.

Received the VIN and it took a full 7 days to receive the text to schedule delivery. This came after I was lied to multiple times about the whereabouts of the vehicle. Multiple contradictory emails and chat conversations regarding the location of the vehicle.

Then, when I finally tried to schedule delivery, there were no delivery appointments available. At this time my patience had ran out, so I went to the local SC and manage to have them schedule a delivery appointment. I guess in-person interactions work best.

I was given an appointment for a few days later. However, the day before delivery, as I was expecting based on many stories detailed in this very forum, I got a call from the Operations Advisor. They needed more time. Just 24 hours more.

I was done with this mess and made it clear that I was not interested in waiting another day. I was going to be there at 10am today to pickup my car or my deposit. It was their choice. The issue at hand was that, allegedly, during inspection they found that the roof glass was cracked. It needed to be replaced.

Guy said he was going to see what he could do. Then called back an hour later to let me know that he now needed a Few more days. The glass was "not in stock" and it had to be ordered. However, the car was ready and I could take delivery and have it fixed later on.

I said I would come over to take a look at the car. And so I did.

Well, they couldn't find the car which was supposedly charging. Then they eventually found the car and... "good news! the glass came in and they're replacing it now".

So they asked if I wanted to come back later or hang around and wait. I chose to wait.

No more than 5 minutes later they come back with a new story. Well, the car is going to take time to be done. The glue has to cure so it will be ready tomorrow morning at 10:00am, as originally scheduled.

Me: Do you promise?

Them: Sure, we promise. It will be ready today but it will cure overnight and it will be ready for you first thing in the morning.

Me: Are you sure?

Them: Absolutely. See you tomorrow at 10:00am.

And so, to apace me, they gave me a demo (mind you, I drove there in my own vehicle).

I drove the demo yesterday and came to work this morning, waiting for 9:45am to head out to get delivery.

At around 9:00am the phone rings. It's Tesla -- a new person, because the Operations Advisor is not working today. This new guys doesn't know what's going on but all he knows is they need another 24 hours because the glass still needs to be replaced and it will take them a day before it can be ready for delivery.

Well, I'm sure you can imagine how that conversation went. But in the end, I told him I was going to be there at 10:00am to take delivery of the car, as originally scheduled, and as I had been promised the day before. He had to go figure out how to make that happen.

I went to the SC at 10:00am and, magically, the car's glass had been replaced (that is, if it was really broken to begin with -- I have my doubts because the day before they were not very keen to let me see the car.)

I inspected the car and the liner had a big water stain. And the car has a dent on the rear side.

Guy said they will try to clean the stain and, if not, they will replace it, but of course, they will need another 24 hours -- that is if the part was in stock which he wasn't sure if they did or not.

The dent, however, could not be fixed until I accepted delivery and schedule an appointment. They would not / could not fix it prior to it been delivered. Go figure.

He wanted at least a few more hours to look into the liner stain and to come back at 3:00pm.

I had work to do, so I came back to the office and, once 3:00pm came around, I went back and FINALLY took delivery of the vehicle.

I still have to schedule the service appointment and leave the car there so they can fix the dent.

What a wonderful experience. I got in the car and drove away, with no joy or excitement whatsoever. Only a sense of detachment from the car because they totally ruined the entire experience.

What a horrible company.
This is an example of how being demanding and setting unachievable deadlines doesn't work. It is frustrating that having waited so long for a vehicle, only to find out it has quality control issues, but I would rather wait than accept a car with obvious defects. That said, Tesla needs to improve its customer experience if if wants to compete with other premium car companies. Once BMW and Audi get their EVs and charging networks competitive, Tesla will have to mimic their customer experience, or they will die.

Last edited:
When they say ACH though do they mean through plaid? ACH isn't immediate (takes 48 hours to clear)
Yes, they mean Plaid. I did the Plaid ACH transfer transaction the day before I took delivery, and it worked well / was painless with my institution (Navy Federal, and note that I also have online banking set up on my account and use it almost exclusively.) The funds were not actually debited from my account until 5 days later. ACH (checkless transactions) are becoming the norm in the business world, so people will be seeing them *a lot* more often in everyday transactions. I would have a discussion now with your bank to see how well integrated they are with Plaid - most larger banks and FCUs are, but small banks and brokerages may not be.

Reactions: fo_Sean
MYP delivery in Tampa today. Woohoo! Pretty damn clean overall. I had to slightly pop in a driver side pillar cover, and there was one tiny abrasion in the paint on the passenger pillar, as well as a blemish the size of a fruit fly on the hood paint. Scheduled service via app (as per service center personnel) for next week. SC friendly and well organized.

In regards to ride quality/harshness of ride for MYP, I think picky people are being way too picky. Feels great to me, especially when considering it’s a lowered suspension. Girlfriend even commented how nice it felt.

I’ve also found that audiophile people in various threads elsewhere on TMC complaining about low audio quality either have super power hearing or (more likely IMO) are feeling left out in the cold because they can’t find a way to spend $50k on a tube amp that will fit in the frunk/they can’t edgelord about high fidelity audio. Honestly it sounds great both streaming and via Bluetooth. You’re not buying an audiophile home stereo system. It’s a car, bro.

I used the polymorphic checklist via GitHub on my phone and it seems pretty comprehensive.

overall, my impression is that it’s likely that a healthy percentage of the sour grapes people in this forum are way too picky, while also acknowledging that there are too many legitimate nightmare stories out there.

10/10 pleased so far at the end of day 1.

no ppf, no mud flaps, no passenger lumbar support.
I'm one of those guys who immediately start modding the factory audio system, mainly because even premium audio systems from legacy car manufacturers suck. What is installed by Tesla is very good, but it's not going to satisfy the boys who want to the car to literally shake from 1000 watt subs and audio processors. Luckily, my goal is clarity so I am satisfied with Tesla's stock system for the most part. My one complaint is the imaging: I cannot seem to get the sound to "emanate" from mid cabin. The sound stage always seems to be in front of you, or behind you - still working on this, lol.

We do get roadside I think up to 500 miles to a SC. I'm not sure about alarm though

EDIT
I saw this link about an alarm for the model 3. I'd be surprised if the Y did not have it.
It has an amazing alarm! Sentry Mode!!

How it works

Funny Catches

Yes, they mean Plaid. I did the Plaid ACH transfer transaction the day before I took delivery, and it worked well / was painless with my institution (Navy Federal, and note that I also have online banking set up on my account and use it almost exclusively.) The funds were not actually debited from my account until 5 days later. ACH (checkless transactions) are becoming the norm in the business world, so people will be seeing them *a lot* more often in everyday transactions. I would have a discussion now with your bank to see how well integrated they are with Plaid - most larger banks and FCUs are, but small banks and brokerages may not be.
I'll send this screenshot to my SA so he is fully aware. I tried to go through Plaid on my Tesla account this morning and received this message:

1623327869189.png

It does give the option for an ACH after exiting Plaid:
1623327923636.png

I'm one of those guys who immediately start modding the factory audio system, mainly because even premium audio systems from legacy car manufacturers suck. What is installed by Tesla is very good, but it's not going to satisfy the boys who want to the car to literally shake from 1000 watt subs and audio processors. Luckily, my goal is clarity so I am satisfied with Tesla's stock system for the most part. My one complaint is the imaging: I cannot seem to get the sound to "emanate" from mid cabin. The sound stage always seems to be in front of you, or behind you - still working on this, lol.
Agreed about the imaging issues. Its been my one peeve since the beginning with the M3. Didn't seem to happen as bad in the S but the M3 is super annoying 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: jbsmoovies
Drove about 50-60 miles this evening on an overnight test drive, 2021 MYLR with 20” inductions. I must say the ride is a bit stiff, seats not as plush, and the interior noise is quite numbing even with music on. Maybe I’ve been too spoilt driving my Avalon Hybrid Limited last few years, it’s definitely leaps & bounds better in terms of overall comfort and near zero cabin noise. I drove the Y on the same routes and speeds that I typically do on the Avalon to make it a fair comparison. I keep reminding myself the tesla $$$ is for the technology and not so much overall build quality or comfort….
What was your tire pressure? I’m planning to do some experiments (took delivery yesterday) e.g. 40psi for in-town driving and saving 44psi for road trips.

Reactions: elguapo
What was your tire pressure? I’m planning to do some experiments (took delivery yesterday) e.g. 40psi for in-town driving and saving 44psi for road trips.
I've been thinking of doing that too. Expose the Gemini wheels, scrap a little efficiency around town with lower PSI, plus gain on tire tread wear. Then on road trips put back on the wheel covers and increase the PSI for optimal range.

Reactions: BitJam and maus92
it wont actually have body work. They'll pop off the panel with the dent and put a new one on. It sucks the OP had to go through this. When I got my M3 last year there was a hole the size of a baseball in the fender. I live a few hours away from the SC so they "found" a different car same specs. Now I just need my My to be delivered!
Nope. No panel replacement. They said the will have one of those mobile dent repair services fix it.

Reactions: BitJam
All that and you still didn’t have the police called on you and threatened with trespassing, making me doubt the guy a few pages back who had THAT happen yet still took delivery only to be mad enough after he’s going to trade it in for a G63 that costs 3x as much 🤣

Sorry about that happening to you. It seems like they were trying to do the right thing and fix it but need to communicate timeframes in a more realistic manner.
🙄

Tesla needs to stop yanking around the delivery dates so much... Just stick with one date until they know for sure it needs to change.

On June 3 my delivery date got assigned. July 14 - August 03.
Then this week (on June 8) they bumped me UP! June 17 - June 30.
And then... today... Sep 06 - Sep 26........

:(
Correct!
Transparency and accurate information. That will go a long way.
The people on the front lines, working hard to get ready, and deliver, all these vehicles are trying to kick ass, while the company itself is tying their hands behind their backs. All these issues are not necessarily the fault of one employee or the other. It’s the corporate culture that has evolved to necessitate the excuses and communication misdirection. They don’t have a choice. They deal with the customers and have to do what they have to do. It’s the company’s practices and total disdain for the customer what’s at fault here.

Reactions: elguapo
Woke up this morning to the "blue button." Got a VIN 211XXX. I ordered on 5/15 (MYLR: White with White Interior; 20" Induction wheels; 5 seater; no tow; no FSD. So far, EDD remained steady at 6/20-6/26; I will let you all know when I get a confirmed delivery date. I am picking up from Mt. Kisco.
Congrats! I ordered just a couple days after you, for pickup at Mt. Kisco as well someday. Keep us updated!