Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 4/28. MYLR/White/Black/FSD/No Tow/19"/5 seat/Burbank

I finally saw the elusive blue button! VIN 213XXX

I called and they said it hasn't arrived yet, and that they want to get the car physically at the store before they arrange delivery. I guess I'm holding my breath until then... I'm likely going to schedule home delivery and pay by plaid since I don't want to drive all the way to burbank to pick up. Interestingly, I get better insurance rates by going through Geico vs Tesla Insurance. Any of you have the same experience, or have any recommendations? I saw mention of state farm in previous posts so I'll have to check there as well.

Note that my latest EDD for a couple days were oscillating between 6/13-6/30 and 6/16-6/30. Just this morning it went to 6/14-6/30 so just fyi for others watching the EDD roulette wheel.

Ordered 4/28. MYLR/White/Black/FSD/No Tow/19"/5 seat/Burbank

I finally saw the elusive blue button! VIN 213XXX

I called and they said it hasn't arrived yet, and that they want to get the car physically at the store before they arrange delivery. I guess I'm holding my breath until then... I'm likely going to schedule home delivery and pay by plaid since I don't want to drive all the way to burbank to pick up. Interestingly, I get better insurance rates by going through Geico vs Tesla Insurance. Any of you have the same experience, or have any recommendations? I saw mention of state farm in previous posts so I'll have to check there as well.

Note that my latest EDD for a couple days were oscillating between 6/13-6/30 and 6/16-6/30. Just this morning it went to 6/14-6/30 so just fyi for others watching the EDD roulette wheel.
I saw very reasonable rates using AmFam Connect, 25% cheaper than what I was paying Farmers for an old Volt.

So my pickup is Monday at 10am. I went up to the service center Today to see if my Y was there. They looked it up by vin and said yeah it just got there. They said don’t come Monday until you get a text that the car is ready. Is this normal? I’m like what’s the point of av appointment then.

Reactions: elguapo
OK, Updated. I just got my VIN. So last night it changed from 12-26th to 2-10 weeks, this morning it changed to 13-25th of this month, and then about an hour ago, It said "proceed with delivery" I clicked on the blue button to proceed, and then I had a vin assigned. Still no details on when I can get the vehicle, and when I log into the app, it just says "Get Support" it's not showing my car yet.

OK, Updated. I just got my VIN. So last night it changed from 12-26th to 2-10 weeks, this morning it changed to 13-25th of this month, and then about an hour ago, It said "proceed with delivery" I clicked on the blue button to proceed, and then I had a vin assigned. Still no details on when I can get the vehicle, and when I log into the app, it just says "Get Support" it's not showing my car yet.

congrats!!! What is your build and VIN?

For those of you who had their VIN mysteriously vanish: I called and talked to a nice sales advisor a couple days ago, who told me they had a glitch in their system which gave me a VIN which was already assigned to another customer. He said that those of you who had this issue happen to them were now in a priority queue to get a VIN assigned ASAP, and lo-and-behold, I had my VIN assigned to me this afternoon. Still no EDD.

Order placed on 5/25/2021 for MYP in MSM.

*edit* VIN is 211xxx (incorrectly-assigned one was 209xxx)

Wow you guys are getting me excited for this week

Reactions: und2000
Could you elaborate on the issue with your registration and insurance. I think I might come across the same issue next week.
In NY the name in your insurance ID card has to match exactly to the name in your car registration. I just had to call progressive and have them add my middle initial to the policy and wait for the ID cards to update in the app.

Nice summary! Sounds like all went well. Did you drive to and from Buffalo in the same day? I’ll be doing that from Rochester. Did they indicate what kind of volume they’ll be moving the next few weeks? Crazy that there is 77 deliveries that day.
From the sounds of it it looks like the rest of the month will be that crazy for the end of the quarter push.
I ended up flying to Newark, taking the Shuttle to grand central station and then a the train from there to Mt Kisco. Picked up the car and headed to Buffalo. It was a loooong day lol

Glad to hear some cars are getting to East Coast. There appears to be some issue with getting new Ys to the mid Atlantic. Mine’s been “in transit” for over 8 days and isn’t estimated to arrive until 6/19 or so. Same with a buddy of mine in VA.

Last edited:
Ordered 5/23 (Calgary, AB) - LR, blue/black, tow, 5 seat, 19", no FSD. This morning I woke up to find the blue button. No VIN apparent, but found one in the source code - got an e-mail just now confirming the VIN that I found (207,4xx) and saying I'd be able to take delivery the week of 21 June. Account currently shows a delivery appointment on 6/23.

Considering I'd been told that I might not get the vehicle until September when I was first ordering, this is a welcome surprise.

In NY the name in your insurance ID card has to match exactly to the name in your car registration. I just had to call progressive and have them add my middle initial to the policy and wait for the ID cards to update in the app.
Just checked my insurance and my name on the insurance has my middle but registration for Tesla doesnt.. Is it easier to change it through insurance vs calling Tesla?

Placed my order on: April 22 2021

Estimates
Original Delivery date: June 7 2021 to June 27 2021
Delivery date yesterday: June 15 to June 30 2021
Delivery date today: 7 to 10 weeks

I will have to bus 2 hours a day 5 days a week from now until delivery. !!!SO FRUSTRATING!!!
That is. Hang in there.

We had to walk away from a deal to sell our current vehicle. The buyer was willing to wait till end of June (our original EDD) but the slip to July/august was too much for them.

Placed my order on: April 22 2021

Estimates
Original Delivery date: June 7 2021 to June 27 2021
Delivery date yesterday: June 15 to June 30 2021
Delivery date today: 7 to 10 weeks

I will have to bus 2 hours a day 5 days a week from now until delivery. !!!SO FRUSTRATING!!!

Considering mine is June 21-30 I believe the 7-10 weeks is a glitch, considering some with September EDDs got their blue button (idk what that means tbh) today. I look forward to your updates but I bet youll get one in the next couple days

Reactions: GTBrooks256