Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently found out that the the NEC rules we use here locally forbid adding a cord to an appliance that is meant to be hard-wired so this kind of install wouldn’t pass inspection (I’ll be hard-wiring my Wall Connectors in the future because of this).

Sorry for the suggestion, but you should consult with an electrician (especially in your area) to see if this is okay to do.
Remove the 14-50R in that particular situation, adds about 5 minutes to the task.

Glad to hear some cars are getting to East Coast. There appears to be some issue with getting new Ys to the mid Atlantic. Mine’s been “in transit” for over 8 days and isn’t estimated to arrive until 6/19 or so. Same with a buddy of mine in VA.
Same here for me in South East... I am really hoping they get it on a truck and out this week or we may not have it for a June delivery. the DA said it takes 10-14 days for transport 🥺

Reactions: elguapo
Same here for me in South East... I am really hoping they get it on a truck and out this week or we may not have it for a June delivery. the DA said it takes 10-14 days for transport 🥺
On a slightly positive and cautiously optimistic note, my EDD hasn't moved in two days. I am still showing 25-30... I am hoping that means that transport has at least been schedule with the logistics team or better yet that its started its journey 🤞🏻

I saw a truck full of Model Y (and I think Model S) dropped off at Devon, PA yesterday.
Awesome! My Blue on White was probably on that delivery. My SA said he could move my delivery up to Monday if I really needed instead of Wednesday coming up. I’m still sticking with Wed. delivery, but I bet my car (hopefully!) was on that truck!!

Took delivery on Saturday of “Stormtrooper”, our Model Y! Delivery went very smoothly with no issues other than a trim piece that popped off the seats when we slid them forward to check the 3rd row.
I understand why the SAs are so unresponsive right now, the SC was PACKED. It was so full, they said there was a line of cars to be picked up from one end of the lot to the other in the morning.

In the parking lot, we saw a pickup truck back into a mini-van trying to get out of a tight spot! Turns out that van was actually someone’s trade-in for their Model Y they were actively picking up 😬
The SAs were trying to figure that out while we were cruising off the lot.
How’s the car quality and ride?

Reactions: StoicKiwi
Took delivery on Saturday of “Stormtrooper”, our Model Y! Delivery went very smoothly with no issues other than a trim piece that popped off the seats when we slid them forward to check the 3rd row.
I understand why the SAs are so unresponsive right now, the SC was PACKED. It was so full, they said there was a line of cars to be picked up from one end of the lot to the other in the morning.

In the parking lot, we saw a pickup truck back into a mini-van trying to get out of a tight spot! Turns out that van was actually someone’s trade-in for their Model Y they were actively picking up 😬
The SAs were trying to figure that out while we were cruising off the lot.

Grats!!!

I thought about doing this but I’m not sure if there is enough wire behind the 14-50 outlet to be able to direct wire into the wall connector.
Just splice another piece of wire in. You can do this since the outlet will be in an electrical box, and splices are allowed in there. Obviously don't put splices outside of a junction box.

I’m considering doing that, do you know what wire i should use to splice and connect to the wall charger?
Needs to be the same gauge or larger as the wire to the panel. Stranded THHN is easiest to use, 6 gauge is probably fine. They sell it by the foot at big box stores. Then you need a cover plate with a hole for 3/4" conduit fittings and a chase nipple to connect the box to the knockout on the back of the wall connector. I'm assuming this is an indoor install, otherwise you would need different fittings to maintain the water tightness of the enclosure.

If your outlet was surface mounted then you need different fittings and a length of conduit to wire into the bottom or top of the wall connector.

You probably should hire an electrician if this doesn't make sense to you.

Reactions: Wolfpacker83
Picked up our inventory MY LR that matched my order yesterday (not automatically, had to reserve it and lose $100) at the Merritt Island Tesla. They were super nice and helpful, only snag was that I didn't have the actual check from DCU, they had said it would be fine to show them the copy and tracking info, however Tesla wanted tracking showing it coming to them, not me. It was delivered about 5 mins after we left the house to drive 3 hours there and I never saw the email. So FYI for anyone else, make sure the check is sent to Tesla or you have physical possession of the check!

We ended up just applying for Tesla financing on the spot and they even rate matched the DCU rate, very happy in the end.

I'm happy that we couldn't take delivery in Tampa, the Merritt Island people were sooooooo much better to deal with. Apparently they've only been open 6 weeks though, guess they'll get busy with more time.

Hi all. I ordered May 30th, was showing estimated delivery of June 20th through the 30th until this morning. I just looked and it pushed back to August 9th through September 8th. This is a real exercise in patience. Trade in will expire in that period. Hopefully used cars keep appreciating thanks to the chip shortage.

I have been lurking since mid-May and adding my timeline:

Ordered April 25th at Rocklin, CA
MYLR, white exterior, black int. 5 passenger, tow hitch, 19s.

SA was great during first few days and was confident delivery would be 3rd to 4th week in June.

Only change was removing FSD the day after ordering. I had everything on my end ready to go on 3rd day. I've seen dates mainly June 10-30th, dates in-between and a few crazy ones that lasted a few days (September, 9-12 weeks, etc).

No VIN yet, but I'm hoping in less than 7 days to chime in with it and delivery date.
I was at the Rocklin SC yesterday and saw lots of whites So they are coming in! My SA wouldn’t give me any updates only to say he was surprised I haven’t gotten a VIN. HOPE TO HAVE MY MY LR BLUE/BLACK by end of month. Today EDD showing 6-20-30.