Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my ED keeps shifting by one day from 8/2-8/22 to 8/3-8/23.... I did just order a week ago so I know this will likely change a lot in the future from everyone elses posts here but I'm trying to understand the rhyme and reason for the actual estimated delivery.

Correct me if I'm wrong but other people have said that Tesla reserves the first month of every quarter for production/ shipping of MY and M3 to international markets and then shifts to domestic production in the second and third months of the quarter. IF Tesla is on a calendar year basis that means for us who recently ordered all of June is is a wash for us who just ordered and there's ZERO chance of getting delivery this month (tesla is finishing delivery of last quarter domestic production) but if our allocation fits into the production schedule of July and August it does make sense that there's a chance for an august/ september delivery.

Am I processing the logic right?
Sadly, yes. August deliveries are really unlikely BUT, remember, the Y really isn’t sold outside the US except China and they make them in China, I believe. So it is possible to deliver Ys prior to quarter end. This is especially true as they have a *sugar* ton built and ready given the containment hold. I’d watch inventory closely as they’re likely to try to “flush” as much as they can by end of June. They’ve put over 350 Ys online via existing inventory over the past 2.5 weeks.

my ED keeps shifting by one day from 8/2-8/22 to 8/3-8/23.... I did just order a week ago so I know this will likely change a lot in the future from everyone elses posts here but I'm trying to understand the rhyme and reason for the actual estimated delivery.

Correct me if I'm wrong but other people have said that Tesla reserves the first month of every quarter for production/ shipping of MY and M3 to international markets and then shifts to domestic production in the second and third months of the quarter. IF Tesla is on a calendar year basis that means for us who recently ordered all of June is is a wash for us who just ordered and there's ZERO chance of getting delivery this month (tesla is finishing delivery of last quarter domestic production) but if our allocation fits into the production schedule of July and August it does make sense that there's a chance for an august/ september delivery.

Am I processing the logic right?

When I called and talked to the sales rep, they said they try to get all the orders delivered before the end of the month, and if it doesnt make it, it'll likely be in the August deliveries.. :|

I ordered in March, did all the pre reqs for delivery then decided to hold since I had other financial commitments that I wanted to care of first. I then released the hold on June 11 and the delivery was showing Aug 13 - Sep 6, needless to say I was disappointed as I was hoping to take the delivery by the end of the month or just hold off for Austin built Y but, I just said to the advisor to keep it as it is and will update if anything changed to go back to hold. To my surprise, the next morning, it was updated to Jun 13 -June 19 delivery and I am taking the delivery on June 21.

I am excited and really now can't wait even for a day!!

Pearl White MYP, 5 seats, black interior ordered June 3rd. Estimated deliver was June 15-30th currently 16-30th still waiting for a vin/blue button.

To those who have trade in’s it might be worth checking local car dealerships to see if they will buy it it’s what we did. They are desperate for cars. You will lose out on taxes saved due to trade in but with the current values it might end up being a wash for you if they offer more then Tesla.
Similar to you: MSM MYP, 5 seat, black, Tow. Ordered 5/18 and dates 6/15-30 yesterday and 6/16-30 today for an OR delivery. We shall see, kinda thinking we may get VIN's this week!

Just while AP or cruise control is on. It’s not really jerky or anything, just not as smooth as the Model Y I test drove that had the radar.
I’m sure it’ll get better with updates, as nearly every AP suite has.
You’d need true binocular vision to calculate depth, right? The Teslas do not have two of the same types of cameras up front. They’re all different. They must know how they calculate distance, but it’s not easy. Really don’t buy the “conflicting” data reason for removing radar. Easy to take vision or radar depending on higher confidence level and ignore the other.

Quick question for you all. My wife and I are considering changing our color to red and I know I'll have to pay the difference plus the price increase from when we placed our order ($500 since original order was on 5/21) but what I'm curious on is how much it affects our delivery? Is it essentially like starting over? Currently I see 7/21 through 8/11 and it's increasing a day at a time.
For me I clearly got put to the back of the line. The time I waited on the previous configuration meant nothing. I should have just dropped the hundred and started a new order and see which worked out better. My May order went from a mid-June to July and then August delivery and was trending worse. Thankfully I found something in inventory or I likely would have bailed and just waited for our MS to come in or have bought a Mach-E instead.

If I don't get mine in June then August is perfect as I'll be back from my trip by then.
Could be great timing. At the same time, gives them another month to de-content the car. We've lost radar, passenger lumbar support, and who knows what is next on the chopping block. Maybe nobody is using TPMS either.

How many people actually use the back seats as well. Think of the weight savings there. Maybe they'll become optional instead or just remove the heaters from the rear seats even fewer people used them than the lumbar support.

I am concerned now how much they will strip from my MS before I get it at the rate they are removing stuff from the MY and M3. On the plus side glad we finally got the MY LR. For the most part, it is living up to my expectations other than range doesn't look too impressive so far. I am really beginning to believe the Edmunds range results.

• Funny
Reactions: dsandhu
Could be great timing. At the same time, gives them another month to de-content the car. We've lost radar, passenger lumbar support, and who knows what is next on the chopping block. Maybe nobody is using TPMS either.

How many people actually use the back seats as well. Think of the weight savings there. Maybe they'll become optional instead or just remove the heaters from the rear seats even fewer people used them than the lumbar support.

I am concerned now how much they will strip from my MS before I get it at the rate they are removing stuff from the MY and M3. On the plus side glad we finally got the MY LR. For the most part, it is living up to my expectations other than range doesn't look too impressive so far. I am really beginning to believe the Edmunds range results.
While disconcerting on some of the removals, I really feel that they are blown out of proportion. Out of the current removals, RADAR and passenger lumbar, only one of these has a real potential to be dangerous. With that said, I personally feel that the loss of RADAR will prove to be a non-issue before the end of the year, and the passenger lumbar removal was never an issue for me. But, everyone's different, so YMMV.

Reactions: casey1202
Congrats! I am doing home delivery as well and paying with a check. I am financing but my credit union doesnt wire the money, but will issue a check to me to give to Tesla.

Random question! how does making the final payment work? How did you give the check to Tesla if the delivery is a "home delivery" and contactless?
It's not really going to be contactless. The dealer is delivering the car. I don't know exactly how they will do this. I assume that someone will drive it to me, and that someone else will come in a separate car to bring him back. But maybe they will deliver it on a truck instead. All I know is that I'm supposed to expect them between 9 and 9:30 tomorrow morning. I will look over the car, verify that I can report any problems within the first day or two (100 miles?) and have them corrected quickly, then hand him the check.

The interesting thing is this: I've never driven a Tesla. So my first experience will be in my own car starting from my own driveway.

All I know is that I'm supposed to expect them between 9 and 9:30 tomorrow morning. I will look over the car, verify that I can report any problems within the first day or two (100 miles?) and have them corrected quickly, then hand him the check.
Tesla just called to tell me that they found a defect in the paint on my car. They want to know if I want them to deliver it anyway, then schedule it for service, or if I want to wait for them to correct it before delivery. I'm thinking that I should let them deliver it, then take it back for service when scheduled. She promised me that they would give me a loaner if I took that approach. Can you guys think of any reason to do it the other way?

I didn't think to ask her how major the blemish was, but it seems to me that it would have been caught much sooner if it were glaring. And I think that by scheduling the service after delivery, it gives me the chance to spot and document any other cosmetic flaws. So they can all be fixed in one service appointment.

Tesla called back a few minutes ago. I told them to deliver it anyway and to let me know when they could schedule service.

Last edited:
Reactions: elguapo and dsandhu
It's not really going to be contactless. The dealer is delivering the car. I don't know exactly how they will do this. I assume that someone will drive it to me, and that someone else will come in a separate car to bring him back. But maybe they will deliver it on a truck instead. All I know is that I'm supposed to expect them between 9 and 9:30 tomorrow morning. I will look over the car, verify that I can report any problems within the first day or two (100 miles?) and have them corrected quickly, then hand him the check.

The interesting thing is this: I've never driven a Tesla. So my first experience will be in my own car starting from my own driveway.
ooh very interesting! I have my home delivery for 6/20 between 9am to 6pm. I got a text saying they will simply just park it and text me when the drop off is complete. No one needs to be home to do so. no information about anyone sticking around for an inspection or handing over any payments. I am still waiting for my financing to finalize but I will definitely shoot tesla a call to firm up the drop off details.

Keep us posted and good luck!

Also in Portland, and ordered almost the same day... Was saying June this entire time, but today, says September... Hopefully it's just a glitch.
I hope you are correct. Could just be a glitch in the predictive forecasting software Tesla uses .or/and. Supply line issues. This is my first new car, it is a big ticket item for me. I trust Tesla will attempt to meet deadlines. I just hope when June 30th rolls around I will have the VIN minimum.

Reactions: BitJam
I hope you are correct. Could just be a glitch in the predictive forecasting software Tesla uses .or/and. Supply line issues. This is my first new car, it is a big ticket item for me. I trust Tesla will attempt to meet deadlines. I just hope when June 30th rolls around I will have the VIN minimum.
Just got a vin 211xxx!