Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Current Delivery Times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quick question for you all. My wife and I are considering changing our color to red and I know I'll have to pay the difference plus the price increase from when we placed our order ($500 since original order was on 5/21) but what I'm curious on is how much it affects our delivery? Is it essentially like starting over? Currently I see 7/21 through 8/11 and it's increasing a day at a time.

Quick question for you all. My wife and I are considering changing our color to red and I know I'll have to pay the difference plus the price increase from when we placed our order ($500 since original order was on 5/21) but what I'm curious on is how much it affects our delivery? Is it essentially like starting over? Currently I see 7/21 through 8/11 and it's increasing a day at a time.
I've always been skeptical about this as I think it would indeed add some time to your queue depending how far along you are in. According to my advisor, as long as the change is done prior to the VIN # being issued then you should be fine with no additional delay. The issuance of your VIN # essentially ties the specific vehicle to you as it enters the production line. I guess the way they see it is if the change is made prior to your vehicle actually entering the production line then it doesn't really impact the production process. Hope this helps.

Def think you’ll be requeued. BybyGas makes a lot of sense actually ^

Last edited:
Reactions: elguapo
How’s the car quality and ride?
Quality is excellent, I couldn’t find a single misaligned panel or paint blemish and I went over it for quite a while before accepting.
Rides great and is very quiet with no squeaks or rattles (5/21 build).
Tesla Vision isn’t as smooth to accelerate/decelerate as the test drive vehicle we had, but is about on-par with my AP1 Model S. Hopefully the improvements will come in actual weeks and not Elon time weeks.

Pearl White MYP, 5 seats, black interior ordered June 3rd. Estimated deliver was June 15-30th currently 16-30th still waiting for a vin/blue button.

To those who have trade in’s it might be worth checking local car dealerships to see if they will buy it it’s what we did. They are desperate for cars. You will lose out on taxes saved due to trade in but with the current values it might end up being a wash for you if they offer more then Tesla.

Hi guys! Just wanted to give a small update and peace of mind for the people that are still waiting. Keep your head up. I am easily one of the most impatient and impulsive people ever. Not proud of it but I can admit it's a flaw. So this process was extraordinarily painful and frustrating for me. My biggest piece of advice is to not pay attention to the estimated delivery date. Log into your account at least once a day because we had to accept Tesla Vision before we got our VIN but do not look at the date. It changes constantly and is not accurate at all. Also, when it comes to updates on your waiting period, don't even both reaching out to a SA until you have a VIN. They do not have any information until the receive the VIN. It really sucks but I will say it is 100000% worth it once you are sitting in the driver's seat!! We just got our MYLR yesterday and it is intimidatingly fast and so much damn fun. You'll forget how awful it was waiting the first time you let her rip.

Hi guys! Just wanted to give a small update and peace of mind for the people that are still waiting. Keep your head up. I am easily one of the most impatient and impulsive people ever. Not proud of it but I can admit it's a flaw. So this process was extraordinarily painful and frustrating for me. My biggest piece of advice is to not pay attention to the estimated delivery date. Log into your account at least once a day because we had to accept Tesla Vision before we got our VIN but do not look at the date. It changes constantly and is not accurate at all. Also, when it comes to updates on your waiting period, don't even both reaching out to a SA until you have a VIN. They do not have any information until the receive the VIN. It really sucks but I will say it is 100000% worth it once you are sitting in the driver's seat!! We just got our MYLR yesterday and it is intimidatingly fast and so much damn fun. You'll forget how awful it was waiting the first time you let her rip.
yikes ignore all the typos...typing too fast

Reactions: quincyskylar41
I will join you in the club of being the most impatient and impulsive. Heck I’ll be your co founder. So I appreciate this post. I decided for my sanity’s sake to just check once a day. Cause honestly it wasn’t doing me any good. So reading this gives me a breath of fresh air. This forum helped me realize that the dates are truly irrelevant. So thank you for this and congrats!!! Can’t wait to be saying the same!!!

Great suggestion, basically discarding the expectation and just aiming for completing tasks given on the page.

When you click on the charging station on the car it shows you if its a 150 or 250 kw charging station

There are also apps that you can download for your phone to see chargers, PlugShare is the one I use as it is not just Tesla specific

I will join you in the club of being the most impatient and impulsive. Heck I’ll be your co founder. So I appreciate this post. I decided for my sanity’s sake to just check once a day. Cause honestly it wasn’t doing me any good. So reading this gives me a breath of fresh air. This forum helped me realize that the dates are truly irrelevant. So thank you for this and congrats!!! Can’t wait to be saying the same!!!
ahha be patient. The floodgates will open soon enough before september hits.

Quality is excellent, I couldn’t find a single misaligned panel or paint blemish and I went over it for quite a while before accepting.
Rides great and is very quiet with no squeaks or rattles (5/21 build).
Tesla Vision isn’t as smooth to accelerate/decelerate as the test drive vehicle we had, but is about on-par with my AP1 Model S. Hopefully the improvements will come in actual weeks and not Elon time weeks.
what do you mean tesla vision isnt as smooth to accelerate /decelerate?

I went to my bank to get a cashier's check for payment. The bank asked me exactly who the check should be payable to, so I called Tesla to ask. While I was on the phone with them, I verified that the car was on site and ready for pickup. He surprised me by offering to bring the car to my home instead! So I will get it a couple of hours earlier on Monday, and I won't have to take an Uber/Lyft to pick it up! It's not a huge deal, but I'm happy about it. So not much longer to wait now.
Congrats! I am doing home delivery as well and paying with a check. I am financing but my credit union doesnt wire the money, but will issue a check to me to give to Tesla.

Random question! how does making the final payment work? How did you give the check to Tesla if the delivery is a "home delivery" and contactless?

Last edited:
Reactions: BitJam
my ED keeps shifting by one day from 8/2-8/22 to 8/3-8/23.... I did just order a week ago so I know this will likely change a lot in the future from everyone elses posts here but I'm trying to understand the rhyme and reason for the actual estimated delivery.

Correct me if I'm wrong but other people have said that Tesla reserves the first month of every quarter for production/ shipping of MY and M3 to international markets and then shifts to domestic production in the second and third months of the quarter. IF Tesla is on a calendar year basis that means for us who recently ordered all of June is is a wash for us who just ordered and there's ZERO chance of getting delivery this month (tesla is finishing delivery of last quarter domestic production) but if our allocation fits into the production schedule of July and August it does make sense that there's a chance for an august/ september delivery.

Am I processing the logic right?